Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I don't know if it is just me, but Hughes seems to make the wrong read on the pp often. Like he will have a man open on his right, and he will force a pass left.

They also keep trying to force these 80 foot cross crease passes on the pp which never works. They need to just get Boeser or Petterson the puck and blast it.

the problem is the guys on the side boards are never open because the pk sags off hughes and covers them man on man

tbh his shot is not that bad and he’s extremely capable of getting it off and to the net. he just needs to keep it low

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
Game 7 it is. Whatever happens, we must all agree that whoever wins the series is perfect and has no flaw whatsoever and that the team that loses is completely useless and worse than anything that has ever existed in the universe, and all their players worthless and absolutely should be punted to the moon.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Game 7 it is. Whatever happens, we must all agree that whoever wins the series is perfect and has no flaw whatsoever and that the team that loses is completely useless and worse than anything that has ever existed in the universe, and all their players worthless and absolutely should be punted to the moon.
Canucks have an excuse, the Oilers do not. Canucks are still an inexperienced group, first time in playoffs and have injuries to key players with their number 1 goalie being out for the whole playoffs. What is the Edmonton Oilers excuse if they lose this series??

DiggerDan

Jul 22, 2003
Canada
hfboards.com
What a series. Full credit to the Oilers, no surprise that they showed up the way they did in game 6. I genuinely believe this series is going to be decided by effort. Who is going to show up in game 7? If both teams do, it's going to be a nail biter.

I think most people who have actually watched both of these teams this year (myself included) thought it would be a long, tight series and here we are. Proud of the Canucks, one of the most exciting runs I can remember in 40+ years of watching this team. Great Canadian series. Let's go! 👍🏻

Canucks have an excuse, the Oilers do not. Canucks are still an inexperienced group, first time in playoffs and have injuries to key players with their number 1 goalie being out for the whole playoffs. What is the Edmonton Oilers excuse if they lose this series??
Excuses are for the weak. Regardless of who wins or loses, you own it, learn and improve.

Reactions: zar

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
If the Oilers win, yes.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
What a series. Full credit to the Oilers, no surprise that they showed up the way they did in game 6. I genuinely believe this series is going to be decided by effort. Who is going to show up in game 7? If both teams do, it's going to be a nail biter.

I think most people who have actually watched both of these teams this year (myself included) thought it would be a long, tight series and here we are. Proud of the Canucks, one of the most exciting runs I can remember in 40+ years of watching this team. Great Canadian series. Let's go! 👍🏻

Excuses are for the weak. Regardless of who wins or loses, you own it, learn and improve.
You cant tell me the Canucks would be the same without Demko. Demko is a player that steals playoff series. Just look at Vegas vs. Canucks playoff in 2020 for evidence. Bubble Demko is a huge part of our team. Its like Argentina playing in the World cup without Messi. Yeah, sure, excuses are weak but the reality is that it does make the team weaker

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014

No exceptions. There can be no nuance, no context, and most of all, no thought whatsoever. It's just binary. The series winner is glorious and best, the loser has no value of any kind. This is law.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
No exceptions. There can be no nuance, no context, and most of all, no thought whatsoever. It's just binary. The series winner is glorious and best, the loser has no value of any kind. This is law.
Problem is if Oilers go to WCF, it will be an easy sweep for Dallas. They will torch the Oilers and Skinner like its 4th of july. At least Canucks have a hope of Demko coming back and giving Dallas an actual elite goalie to face. Dallas has gone through scrubs like Thompson, Hill and Georgie boy. It would be interesting to see how they would fare against an elite goalie like Demko, at least gives them a challenge. Facing Oilers would be like a practice scrum before an actual game (the finals)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Even though it’s fun to say, it’s not true.
The Oilers need to win a hell of a lot more than Vancouver does.

This has been gravy so far, I don’t think there’s one person in the league that’s going to give Vancouver shit if they lose game seven considering literally the best player on the team missed the playoffs.

That being said, I still feel Vancouver is going to win, resiliency is literally the culture of this team, I think they are going to come out and play a hell of a game.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Oilers won in spite of McDrai having peaked. I would not sign those two to any big contracts.

Oilers are taking the next game as the Canucks completely fell apart.
None of the teams in this series has won 2 in a row. You can be sure Canucks will play 100 times harder now due to desparation, home crowd and the fact they lost and gave little effort last game. Skinner better not be crapping his pants because he will see at least 30 shots next game.

Even though it’s fun to say, it’s not true.
The Oilers need to win a hell of a lot more than Vancouver does.

This has been gravy so far, I don’t think there’s one person in the league that’s going to give Vancouver shit if they lose game seven considering literally the best player on the team missed the playoffs.

That being said, I still feel Vancouver is going to win, resiliency is literally the culture of this team, I think they are going to come out and play a hell of a game.
I think Canucks will win. They didnt give any effort or play physical last game while Oilers played desparate and got juice from their home crowd and Mcbaby got fed some meat. Going back to vancouver will be different for the oilers who only won 1 game there.

Someone

Jul 11, 2007

You cant tell me the Canucks would be the same without Demko. Demko is a player that steals playoff series. Just look at Vegas vs. Canucks playoff in 2020 for evidence. Bubble Demko is a huge part of our team. Its like Argentina playing in the World cup without Messi. Yeah, sure, excuses are weak but the reality is that it does make the team weaker

The series isn't even decided, why are you looking to make excuses? Demko might have made a big difference this series but Silovs has played well in most of his games. Certainly the Oilers have no excuse not to move on, this is considered a cup or bust year by most. Anything less than a win tomorrow night is going to be a failure. I supect the Canucks players will have a similar approach to the game. If they're looking for excuses already then the game is decided. I wouldn't expect that to be the case.

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
One side has an NHL goalie posting AHL numbers, the other has an AHL goalie posting (besides last night) NHL starter numbers...I know which I'd rather have...

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Silovs better have the game of his life if the Canucks want to win game 7. He looked more than human last night

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
do you not know tocchet?

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
Not having Demko is your built in excuse, meanwhile other Cuck fans are trumpeting Silovs. Oil won a game with a career AHLer in Pickard. You need better material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad