GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I think the best case scenario for this lineup is similar to the performance we had in game five, but I don’t see it having a higher ceiling.

eh - we definitely didn't see peak petey in game 5. both hughes and obviously hronek have more to give too.

for the oilers, lots of talk of mcdavid not looking fully right, but having watched them all season, this is not peak ekholm. he's gotta be sick or hurt. if he puts up the kind of game he had down the stretch while playing near 30 mins with bouchard, i think we're in tough. but i don't think he's healthy enough for it - played just over 15 mins last game.

ot would obviously be nerve wracking, but the longer the game is close, the better chances are for us imo. the oilers are bagged in a way that we are not.

Reactions: Indiana

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
"Vancouver Canucks winger Brock Boeser is expected to miss Game 7 against Edmonton with a blood clotting issue. The exact timeline for his return is unknown, but several sources stressed this, thankfully, is not considered a life-threatening situation."

Holy hell, not life threatening but I hope it isn't too serious.

This has been the post-season from hell

Last edited:

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Explains his game 6 after such an amazing playoffs.

Huge loss.

Petersson with Miller, reunite Lindholm with Garland/Joshua, then just barely use the bottom 2 lines.

Reactions: Indiana

AD16

Aug 6, 2020
If Boeser developed a DVT due to trauma he’s done for the year. He’ll need to be on anticoagulation for at least 3 months and won’t be able to participate in any hockey. But again don’t know the extent so can’t say for sure. Hope he’s okay. Canuck luck strikes again. Cheering for this team is so difficult.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
If Boeser developed a DVT due to trauma he’s done for the year. He’ll need to be on anticoagulation for at least 3 months and won’t be able to participate in any hockey. But again don’t know the extent so can’t say for sure. Hope he’s okay. Canuck luck strikes again. Cheering for this team is so difficult.
I have no idea about the medical side of anything but I instantly recalled that all of the recent blood clotting issues in the NHL, eg Freddy Andersen, were around 3 months.

Just sucks. Hope the best for him.

Reactions: Indiana and David71

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
My nurse wife just said "yeah that's very possible."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad