GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Miller is going to get the Tkatchuk treatment from Kane. It'll be interesting to see what demonstrative toughguy faces Miller can make while doing everything humanly possible to avoid a confrontation with Kane.
i think the opposite, kane has shown hes about the end goal and aside form the andreas face punching he was very disciplined

Reactions: Summer Rose

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
How do the Mods decide which one of them gets this game/thread?

Rock, paper scissors? 5 finger filet? Russian Roulette?

:laugh:

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Good luck, Oilers. You're going to need it.

We have Prince Charming, aka Brock Boeser, aka BROCK BOESER aka the Brock Star.

Casual hatty tonight. Oilers coiling up into a fetal position due to one hair flip celly from the Prince.

It's on.
He is a handsome fella.
And I've said it before but I don't even hate any of the Canucks players.
They are all pretty chill. Quite the difference from the rat party over a decade ago.

Found it. Almost 5 years ago.

1715199245752.png

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Good luck, Oilers. You're going to need it.

We have Prince Charming, aka Brock Boeser, aka BROCK BOESER aka the Brock Star.

Casual hatty tonight. Oilers coiling up into a fetal position due to one hair flip celly from the Prince.

It's on.
Please don't wake the bear. If you wake it it won't eat only you. It'll eat all of us. :laugh:

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I meant which moderator(s) have to monitor the thread for infractions and what not

Might be all hands on deck for this one
A playoffs mod team is chosen before the playoffs. It normally consists of blue mod volunteers. I suspect that once an Oilers-Canucks matchup was confirmed that a few more were added. I doubt there are mods who are assigned only to this series though.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Like I understand why Oilers are the favorite because of McDavid.

But people just ignore that the horrible, horrendous, no good Kings outplayed the Oilers overall at 5v5 last series. I don't know how you get outplayed by the Kings but the Oilers managed to.

If you avoid taking penalties against the pp championships then you definitely can beat them.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Oiler media is being a little arrogant. They are as bad as the Toronto media. All the refugees from TSN radio now are doing youtube and other stuff and they are acting like the Canucks struggled all year and backed into the playoffs and did not run the Division from start to finish

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

But people just ignore that the horrible, horrendous, no good Kings outplayed the Oilers overall at 5v5 last series. I don't know how you get outplayed by the Kings but the Oilers managed to.

If you avoid taking penalties against the pp championships then you definitely can beat them.
I think that's the key too. Stay out of the box or mitigate the damage if you do take a penalty. Keep the game at 5 vs 5 and I think the Canucks have the advantage.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

Except the Kings had some of the best 5v5 xGF results in the entire NHL all year.

And they scored 1 more goal in 5 games while Edmonton won the xGF race in the series at 5v5 anyway?

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Oiler media is being a little arrogant. They are as bad as the Toronto media. All the refugees from TSN radio now are doing youtube and other stuff and they are acting like the Canucks struggled all year and backed into the playoffs and did not run the Division from start to finish
Yep. It reminds me of 1994. Then the favourites fell to the Canucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad