GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Set the tone from the opening faceoff. Ride the energy from the crowd. EDM should be a bit flat after their long layoff. Think it's imperative that we get one past Skinner during the early storm. Then just keep stomping.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Set the tone from the opening faceoff. Ride the energy from the crowd. EDM should be a bit flat after their long layoff. Think it's imperative that we get one past Skinner during the early storm. Then just keep stomping.

I'm actually expecting Edmonton to come out hard - everyone talks about how the regular season doesn't matter, but it's been a royal bone in their craw that they got swept in the season series by Vancouver. Hopefully it makes them a bit too gung ho to run out of position on plays and we can capitalize on some of that.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Tocchet loves to get the guys playing hard in the 1st period then try to lock it down, I think that'll play in our favor. If we can rattle their D and force them to be tentative we have a good shot, we then just have to stay out of penalty trouble.

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
I'm so stoked for the game tonight. I don't post around here as much as I used to, but there a few more satisfying feelings than watching the Coilers board melt down.
Echoing what others have said, I feel like the Canucks really must strive for that first goal. Plant the seed of doubt early, get under Leon's skin, and make them play defense.

Canucks 5 Oilers 2

Go Nucks!

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I'm actually expecting Edmonton to come out hard - everyone talks about how the regular season doesn't matter, but it's been a royal bone in their craw that they got swept in the season series by Vancouver. Hopefully it makes them a bit too gung ho to run out of position on plays and we can capitalize on some of that.
I want a ridiculously stupid game where McDavid loses focus and starts going for uncharacteristic physical players where he Trouba's himself into the board.

kaczor

Jul 3, 2005
NZ
LFG. Game day at last!

Hope the boys come out determined and get the first one. Got to stay out of the box obviously, but I hope the refs let them play.

And if EP really did have a flu the last couple games, hopefully that was a big factor in him going awol, and he can now turn things around. Pretty much the prerequisite for us getting through this round imo.

(With the arrogance of their fanbase and the media writing us off, taking G1 would be sweet...)

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
you guys ever wear your girlfriends clothes while shes at work and she wonders why her clothes are all stretched out? (im going through a phase)

go canucks go
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad