OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I've done a few matches with randoms and hated them all.

I've done many matches with friends and enjoyed them all.

The quality of randoms skyrockets in level 7+

There are still some games where the team needs a carry but there are mostly games where everyone shows they can kill or manage a bile titan on their own, and once that's established the mission is a breeze

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pulled the worst card and played TOTS Haaland the very first game. :laugh:
I think I could play FUT for the next 10 years and never unpack a card on the TOTY/TOTS Haaland/Mbappe tier or meta. That level of luck is reserved for shit streamers and guys with wallet teams.

Playing against them is just demoralizing. :laugh:

Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think I could play FUT for the next 10 years and never unpack a card on the TOTY/TOTS Haaland/Mbappe tier or meta. That level of luck is reserved for shit streamers and guys with wallet teams.

Playing against them is just demoralizing. :laugh:
I've never even packed gold Mbappe. I finally packed gold Valverde the other day. :laugh:

He was a shitter. He quit 4-0 at half.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've never even packed gold Mbappe. I finally packed gold Valverde the other day. :laugh:

He was a shitter. He quit 4-0 at half.
Man f*** this game :laugh:

Opened my division rivals TOTS player pick and got two duplicate <90 fodder options and the shitty non-Alisson goalie.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Screen Shot 2024-05-02 at 1.53.04 PM.png

Ok does anyone still do the Immaculate Grid? I got a square wrong today that I think is right and that has never happened. I guessed Hank Aaron as having played in the Negro Leagues and batting over .300 for his career. From all I can tell that is a correct response as he played a handful of games for the Indianapolis Clowns of the American Negro Leagues and was the last Negro League player on a MLB roster.

Sorry for the spoilers but I don't want to give away any info to someone who hasn't done it yet. Anyone else run in to this ever? Or am I mistaken about this being a right answer?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Man f*** this game :laugh:

Opened my division rivals TOTS player pick and got two duplicate <90 fodder options and the shitty non-Alisson goalie.
I only have a max 90 overall pack. I'll save it for tomorrow.

I need that Balotelli btw.

View attachment 863634

Ok does anyone still do the Immaculate Grid? I got a square wrong today that I think is right and that has never happened. I guessed Hank Aaron as having played in the Negro Leagues and batting over .300 for his career. From all I can tell that is a correct response as he played a handful of games for the Indianapolis Clowns of the American Negro Leagues and was the last Negro League player on a MLB roster.

Sorry for the spoilers but I don't want to give away any info to someone who hasn't done it yet. Anyone else run in to this ever? Or am I mistaken about this being a right answer?
Name technicality or it wasn't considered a major league when he played in it. Wiki says it was up until 50/51 and that's right as he was playing in the league.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Get anything yet?

I'm a little disappointed with the stats on these cards, honestly.
I'm sitting on dupes with no where I really want to put them so haven't opened any packs. Need a juicer SBC. Sane isn't making it move.

Seems like they skimped on skill move and weak foot upgrades.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm sitting on dupes with no where I really want to put them so haven't opened any packs. Need a juicer SBC. Sane isn't making it move.

Seems like they skimped on skill move and weak foot upgrades.
I just threw all mine into the exchanges and TOTWs, then did 81+ picks. Got Sculler, Xhaka, and Tah from those, but they kinda suck.

And yeah, a whole lot of 4*. My Malen evo from like 6 months ago is better than the TOTS season card they gave him. :laugh:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The quality of randoms skyrockets in level 7+

There are still some games where the team needs a carry but there are mostly games where everyone shows they can kill or manage a bile titan on their own, and once that's established the mission is a breeze
I don’t know if I’ve done a mission higher than 3

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@Striiker oh he's definitely going to be fodder if I packed him out of a 81+ PP. :laugh:

View attachment 865542
Holy shit :laugh: I didn’t realize getting what you wanted was even possible in this game.

That’s definitely usable, if you want to.

6’3, 98 jumping, 99 strength, 99 aggression, 99 heading accuracy… then if you throw a hunter on him he has max pace, 96 shooting accuracy, and 99 shot power.

Italian Haaland tbh

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Holy shit :laugh: I didn’t realize getting what you wanted was even possible in this game.

That’s definitely usable, if you want to.

6’3, 98 jumping, 99 strength, 99 aggression, 99 heading accuracy… then if you throw a hunter on him he has max pace, 96 shooting accuracy, and 99 shot power.

Italian Haaland tbh
Yeah. The only thing I worry about is his WW had 99 dribbling and his stepovers were what made the card. Based on the price I'm going to guess he's not that meta. His playstyles are kinda dookie too. Oh well I'll take it. :laugh:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah. The only thing I worry about is his WW had 99 dribbling and his stepovers were what made the card. Based on the price I'm going to guess he's not that meta. His playstyles are kinda dookie too. Oh well I'll take it. :laugh:
Yup, he wont be meta but definitely usable. Part of that price is the league/links (I assume your Serie A Stars team will be fine lol) and also the fact that he has 4*WF.

Seems like a Zweback card. No offense. ;)

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Hades II is officially in early access on Steam and the Epic Games store. I bought Hades a months ago and I still have to play it lol.

I played the Hades II Technical Test a week or so ango and it was phenomenal.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Hades II is officially in early access on Steam and the Epic Games store. I bought Hades a months ago and I still have to play it lol.

I played the Hades II Technical Test a week or so ango and it was phenomenal.
Man, I wish I could get into rogue-lites. I've tried a few and just find them exhausting. I loved all of Supergiant's other games, but Hades just did not click with me. I want to like it, I really do, but grinding the same but different levels with the same but different upgrades just bores me to tears.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Man, I wish I could get into rogue-lites. I've tried a few and just find them exhausting. I loved all of Supergiant's other games, but Hades just did not click with me. I want to like it, I really do, but grinding the same but different levels with the same but different upgrades just bores me to tears.

Yeah, they suck. The one that kills me is "Don't Starve" - that game has the best design and the best ideas I've ever seen, but you end up just planting yourself in a base to stay alive and then never get anywhere. I wish they would make an epic anime from that story.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad