Trouba goes Superman!

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
If in Game 3, Jake Guentzel took a tomahawk swing at Panarin's head, with his stick, but MISSED......even though it was obvious what his intent was......would you be ok with everyone just shrugging it off and moving on?

Or do you think maybe the league would have something to say about it? :dunno:

Even though Trouba's elbow didn't connect with Necas's head last night, I think we all agree that's what he was going for, right? That's the problem.

Fox actually did that after Svechnikov clipped Shesterkin, he did a two-handed swing with enough force to fall over because he missed :D Ok it was probably lower than head but if he connected with that, no way he got away without a multigame suspension... it's probably not talked about more since that was a garbage play by Svech and it was an instant reaction, but Fox is lucky he didn't connect.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Fox actually did that after Svechnikov clipped Shesterkin, he did a two-handed swing with enough force to fall over because he missed :D Ok it was probably lower than head but if he connected with that, no way he got away without a multigame suspension... it's probably not talked about more since that was a garbage play by Svech and it was an instant reaction, but Fox is lucky he didn't connect.

Y'know what's funny is I actually thought about that play as I posted my hypothetical, too.

You're right, too, Fox would've sat a few games for sure if he'd connected there - and I guess the refs were too busy laughing at Igor's little pirouette+flop, to notice Fox flailing his stick out. :laugh:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Is it up on the Trouba app yet?

Insane move, and had Necas managed to elude Trouba's skate guillotining down onto his helmet and glide calmly away, it would have been a karmic hit for the ages.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If you're going to fine/suspend Trouba, then you gotta fine/suspend Necas too.

Trouba had his elbow extended, sure. But he doesn't leave his feet and go crashing into the boards head first without Necas ducking and causing Trouba to go airborne after making contact with him. If Necas doesn't duck, it would have been better than having Trouba skate come down on the back of your head into the ice.

Both are equally dangerous plays and both should be glad they didn't come out majorly injured.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Hey kid. Are the elbows still occurring? Are we discussing one now? So flying elbows are still things then. They're still in the game. Dustin Brown got to finish his career, didn't he?

Did I come anywhere near suggesting a punishment of 41 games? No? I am talking permanent ban. Hello.

Jacob Trouba should be going, "holy shit there is video of this and it doesn't matter that I missed, I am gone." But he is not gone, so I am absolutely not wrong that it's still in the game for lack of him thinking that, but you can describe what it's like for me, because you are.
A permanent ban for Trouba elbowing Necas arm as he was falling (why wasn’t it higher if he was trying to hit him in the head?)

This is really good stuff. I guess Guentzel is banned from the league too. I guess guys playing in the ECHL will be happy. They will be in the league mid season with you being appointed…

Chief Intent Decider

I’ll also add that Svechnikov is also permabanned because he pitchforked Igor, which wasn’t a hockey play and a clear intent to injure

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
If you're going to fine/suspend Trouba, then you gotta fine/suspend Necas too.

Trouba had his elbow extended, sure. But he doesn't leave his feet and go crashing into the boards head first without Necas ducking and causing Trouba to go airborne after making contact with him. If Necas doesn't duck, it would have been better than having Trouba skate come down on the back of your head into the ice.

Both are equally dangerous plays and both should be glad they didn't come out majorly injured.

Holy false equivalency.

One is a hockey player stopping and trying to avoid a hit. This isn't a case where a guy drops down along the boards and submarines the guy trying to hit him. Necas didn't duck. He's making a hard stop.

Trouba however leaves his feet and sticks out his elbow to try and catch him in the head.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Holy false equivalency.

One is a hockey player stopping and trying to avoid a hit. This isn't a case where a guy drops down along the boards and submarines the guy trying to hit him. Necas didn't duck. He's making a hard stop.

Trouba however leaves his feet and sticks out his elbow to try and catch him in the head.
1. He didn't leave his feet until he was clipped.

2. His elbow came up but you are just assuming intent.

If Trouba was really trying to get his head I don't think his elbow would be arm level when it made contact on a player that is ALREADY falling down.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Trouba has become more and more of a clown every year since he joined the Rangers. I like the occasional hit he makes and him trying to play physical but I mean he is ridiculous.

Not sure how Kreider didn't get the C over this guy.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Trouba has become more and more of a clown every year since he joined the Rangers. I like the occasional hit he makes and him trying to play physical but I mean he is ridiculous.

Not sure how Kreider didn't get the C over this guy.
Hey, we talk about wanting leaders who will run through walls for his teammates. Well, Trouba may not run through them, but he will definitely fly head first into them.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
1. He didn't leave his feet until he was clipped.

2. His elbow came up but you are just assuming intent.

If Trouba was really trying to get his head I don't think his elbow would be arm level when it made contact on a player that is ALREADY falling down.

He wasn't clipped. And he very clearly chicken wings his elbow there. And his elbow is literally at Necas's head level.

I don't need to assume intent. Whatever he was intending it was an extremely dangerous play. Strange how these sort of plays keep happening with Trouba.

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 5.35.25 PM.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad