Trouba goes Superman!

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
People calling for a suspension lol…

Although him and shesty may want to consider opening their own airline with all that high flying!

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I’d be willing to bet that 75% of Ranger fans would be more than happy if Trouba received a lifetime ban. He’s done nothing but take dumb penalties while occasionally acting as a meat shield. We can rationalize this all we want based on Necas sliding, but the fact of the matter is that Trouba has a history of plays like this and he now focuses even more on them because he’s a third pair guy at best who knows that this is his role now.

Imagine what this team would look like if they had another $8M to spend on useful players.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The whining is hilarious.
To be fair, Necas was smart to duck out of the hit. Hard to be certain if the elbow comes out if Necas stays upright.
With that said, where is all of the whining when Svech dangerously sticks his leg out and sends Igor flying? Could have easily tore his knee apart. Anyone?
Uhh is this a joke?

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Superman? More like Stupidman. Dumb play, could have paralyzed himself going head first

Reactions: SPV

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
The whining is hilarious.
To be fair, Necas was smart to duck out of the hit. Hard to be certain if the elbow comes out if Necas stays upright.
With that said, where is all of the whining when Svech dangerously sticks his leg out and sends Igor flying? Could have easily tore his knee apart. Anyone?
If you're that concerned about knees, take a look at Trouba's.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
obviously if Necas didnt embellish the dive Trouba wouldnt have gotten in such a pickle, should the league suspend Necas?
1715172756518.png

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Who cares? I don’t have a problem what Necas did. It’s embarrassing to see some of the other posts on here, though.

These are the posts that are embarrassing. Good on Necas for ducking, but when you go down like that and a guy knows he’s f***ed, he’s going to try and do anything to not break his neck.

But whatever. Hope the Canes are as hilariously focused on this as some seem to be. That’d be great.
How exactly is extending one's elbow towards a guys head supposed to help not break your own neck? Plus, once the elbow misses you see Trouba reach out his hands to the boards to catch himself.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
There’s some real, comments in here. LOL.

I have no horses in this race, so I think I can be pretty objective.
Necas looks like he’s near 45 degrees when he sees Trouba, the only thing he can do to protect himself is duck. He can’t brace himself, and it’s fairly obvious his head is the target, probably to him as well at that point.
Trouba literally leaves his feet and extends his left elbow towards Necas head, he doesn’t put it up to protect himself from the boards, because it actually starts to come down when he realizes he’s gonna hit them, and he actually hits the boards with his left glove, head, and other shoulder.
There’s no real contact here, other than the knee dropping on Necas, which I don’t know if there’s a NHL rule for knee drops? LOL.
So, there’s no penalty, no fine, no suspension.
But we all know he was trying to elbow the guy in a vulnerable position with a leaving his feet hit, let’s not pretend otherwise.

The scariest part is the skate blade, no reason for a skate blade to get that close to the back of someone’s head, especially after what just happened. Get mandatory neck guards and teach players not to be so damn stupid about other player’s safety.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Necas ducks the hit and Trouba flies over him expecting resistance.

Standing by for everyone to vilify Trouba. Maybe take contact like a man and stay on your feet if you're worried about an errant skate hitting you in the head
He did throw an elbow toward Necas head as he's flying by, and this is coming from someone who hates the Canes.

Reactions: SPV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad