Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Possibly kicking himself that he didn't take the 5x5 offer now? I don't think it's still on the table.
I don't know, would sound peculiar to say the least if they would pull a take-backsy on a previously given contract offer for a team stalwart and say that it's not on the table anymore (while a replacement hasn't yet been signed/traded for).

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I hope that would still be on the table, although I can see Pesce considering seeing what he could get before taking that.

Only signing Pesce through age 34 and doing so at a reasonable number would be great for Carolina.
I only suspect it's gone because he's gotten noticeably slower and we may be looking to do something shorter and higher (like Orlov) to avoid buying bad years and which may reduce the overall number.

5x5 is better than 3x6.25, for example, when you may not make up the difference on the next deal.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
If we can get peesh back, i'm a fan of putting him back with slavin. Slavin can offset any aging effects, as he's proven with burns.

Moving burns down and sheltering him a bit wouldn't be the worst thing in the world at this point in his career.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
With Pesce’s skating already in decline pre injury. You gotta wonder how much his fractured fibula affects him going forward. He definitely feels like one of those players that could completely fall off the cliff at any season. All that said his absence was very noticeable in the playoffs. I’d love to have him back. But there certainly feels like a risk to bringing him back. So shorter the term the better.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
If Pesh takes a friendly deal and maybe Guentz could we actually keep Skjei?
With Slavin and Orlov, Nikishin potentially a year out, and probability we will want to keep Orlov around to ease his transition by having a Russian on the D to help Boom pick up the system...I think that ship sailed.

That's one too many great LHD and I doubt Skjei's taking a 1-year deal or one without trade protection to keep us from selling him in 2025-2026.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Keeping skjei, pesce, Jarvis and Guentzel would require some serious sacrifice on the rest of the offense even with team friendly deals. Its doable but i dont think offense is something we want to sacrifice.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
1716165323805.png

Playing around, but sent Necas to Chicago for their first, lol, wasn't sure what to do there.

Some team friendly contracts.

Reactions: Daeavorn

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
View attachment 873383

Playing around, but sent Necas to Chicago for their first, lol, wasn't sure what to do there.

Some team friendly contracts.
That’s a very player friendly deal with comtois. Other than that this offense is completely banking on Nadeau to be a top 6 guy to be decent. Even with the 5+ million in savings from the other team friendly deals.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
IDK fam. I was at Game 6. Can't remember a gut blow like that since the final regular season game against TBL in 2011- after I spent the entire season hacking DoD computers to stream Canes games in Afghanistan.

I can't complain- too much- the Borg finally did what I wanted them to- go all in at the deadline to get Guentzal and Kuznetsov, Instead of oh, IDK getting Hakkenpau and calling it a day. And it still didn't make a difference.

Not sure extending the cult of Rod is the right answer. Kinda think we need a new mentality and approach. Or maybe just a good goaltender. I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad