WWE: Raw and Smackdown Part 4 - The Paul Levesque Era

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It sucks that they don't have anyone on the roster who is from France that they could really get over

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
So story wise, Roman has just gone off the grid. Heyman can't get in touch with him and it was Heyman that pulled Roman from the draft
This has the makings of Roman returning as a face.

Probably getting Roman and a re-formed Uso Brothers vs Bloodline 6 man tag at Summerslam.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
This has the makings of Roman returning as a face.

Probably getting Roman and a re-formed Uso Brothers vs Bloodline 6 man tag at Summerslam.
I think that would be WAY TOO EARLY to pay off that rivalry. I would spend the rest of the year building up Solo's faction. Basically introduced the Guerillas of Destiny (and Jacob Fatu) to fans who don't know who they are.

OG Bloodline .v. Bloodine 2.0 feels like the endgame should be WarGames.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I think that would be WAY TOO EARLY to pay off that rivalry. I would spend the rest of the year building up Solo's faction. Basically introduced the Guerillas of Destiny (and Jacob Fatu) to fans who don't know who they are.

OG Bloodline .v. Bloodine 2.0 feels like the endgame should be WarGames.
Maybe, maybe not. Without Roman or Rock the new Bloodline are basically just a midcard faction, so how long really can you drag it out.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Announced for tomorrow's RAW show:

King of the Ring first round matches:

Drew McIntyre versus Finn Bálor
Rey Mysterio versus Kofi Kingston
Ricochet versus Ilja Dragunov
Gunther versus Sheamus

Queen of the Ring first round matches:

Zoey Stark versus Ivy Nile
Shayna Baszler versus Zelina Vega
Lyra Valkyria versus Asuka
Natalya versus IYO SKY

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Announced for tomorrow's RAW show:

King of the Ring first round matches:

Drew McIntyre versus Finn Bálor
Rey Mysterio versus Kofi Kingston
Ricochet versus Ilja Dragunov
Gunther versus Sheamus

Queen of the Ring first round matches:

Zoey Stark versus Ivy Nile
Shayna Baszler versus Zelina Vega
Lyra Valkyria versus Asuka
Natalya versus IYO SKY
Baw gahd...

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
1714953348476.png

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Too bad that’s not actually him

It is, he just deleted it a short while later

edit - nvm, I just looked closer and see you meant the Gunther reply, close but no cigar, though it still may have played into the deletion

Last edited:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Maybe, maybe not. Without Roman or Rock the new Bloodline are basically just a midcard faction, so how long really can you drag it out.
I think Summerslam is too soon to properly build up the new guys AND to build the civil war storyline to warrant a match there. It's only a 2-3 months away.

I also wonder how they explain Jey going back to Reigns and Jimmy. If Vince was still around, it would be simply be "they're all babyfaces now so they are friends now", but now my standards for storyline explanations are higher with Vince gone.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I think Summerslam is too soon to properly build up the new guys AND to build the civil war storyline to warrant a match there. It's only a 2-3 months away.

I also wonder how they explain Jey going back to Reigns and Jimmy. If Vince was still around, it would be simply be "they're all babyfaces now so they are friends now", but now my standards for storyline explanations are higher with Vince gone.

If they're really going for Cody vs. Rock at 41 and Rock vs. Roman at 42, you've got plenty of time.

You could almost slow build the Usos reunion to a match at WM41 vs. GoD or Solo and Jacob. The built-in storyline is, Roman lost because he got distracted by Seth, he can't address the Bloodline drama until he puts Seth behind him, and you do Roman vs. Seth at WM41. Roman finally gets a pin over Seth. (That's part of the story too)

Side note, I'd also lead that down the line of an eventual Seth heel turn. You can't really have him lose to Drew, get flattened by Roman protecting Cody, come back, inevitably lose to Cody, (I assume Seth gets a shot for helping Cody) and then lose to Roman at WM41 without having him look like a dork, unless he finally snaps and goes heel.

Reactions: BruinDust

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Jey should be holding a singles title. Doesn’t have to be a top championship. But maybe it’s a scenario where they join him as opposed to Jey going back. If he’s being successful on his own, he theoretically could be the top guy. At some point, Solo and GOD will come after him, and it will be by necessity.

Given all the time put into the story, it would seem too soon to do that though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad