GDT: R2G1 - Avalanche @ Stars - 7:30PM - Nate Wick

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Every team we stomp says this. The Toews high stick early not being called was crazy obvious.
image_2024-05-08_002726296.png

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
After watching that replay 25 times #3 just stands by the boards at the blue line. I guess hoping Cogliano blindly throws it up the boards. Cogs had all the time in the world to make a good pass there. He could have also skated it out or made a shorter pass to JJ. #3 needs to be backing off there not standing around.

#4 gets burned but takes a bit of an odd angle at first. Like he expects to be able to catch up to Wood more easily.

And #29 looks like he gets his skate caught on the post or something as he doesn't get any power when trying to push across when Wood goes left to right.

The blame for that goal lies solely on the refs.

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Mikko putting up 2 points while this entire board was crucifying him the entire game made my night

Mikko just doing Mikko things:laugh:
Taking 4 penalty minutes though is something he can't keep doing. Not saying that one wasn't bullshit but still. Some of lack of skating he is doing is causing a lot of other issues. It needs to stop or he needs to go.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Taking 4 penalty minutes though is something he can't keep doing. Not saying that one wasn't bullshit but still. Some of lack of skating he is doing is causing a lot of other issues. It needs to stop or he needs to go.
I agree. It’s just funny how often Mikko seems to be struggling, not looking good, and at the end of the game you look at the stat sheet, he has 2 or 3 points. That’s just Mikko

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Dallas wasn’t very physical at all and some of their guys just can’t skate with the Avs.

Thought Girard has a monster game tonight
That's why we preferred Dallas, but they will come out stronger game 2, physically trying to intimidate us.

His history this season has shown he's much better when he plays often.

In the regular season he had a 3.81 GAA and an .876 save percentage when he had 3 or more days of rest. With 2 days of rest he was at 2.65 and .915. Night and day.
That's also the team. We are sloppy after long breaks.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Amazing comeback. I went to bed after the first because I was not enjoying the game and needed the rest. I was still thinking that there was a chance for a comeback as this team is explosive and never seems to be done. Needless to say that I woke up with morning Wood! ;-) What wheels on that goal like an All-Star wide receiver!

From the short highlights Makar was unreal. I need extend highlights now. That is all.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
I admit, I couldn’t figure out how to get the damn Rags/Canes game to go away and when I saw that the score was 3-0, I decided to shut the tv off, pout and go to bed. There’s no way I can stay up that late and watch when I start work at 5am and not be more brain dead than I normally am. Hell, as it is I am reading threads and not getting much done…lol. I was stunned when I woke up and checked the score. Why? I shouldn’t have been. I’m salivating at the thought of Drouin coming back…maybe game 3? Wow, this team is starting to give me’22 vibes and makes me want to AE/60 everyone in site.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad