News Article: Pirates Penguins $17.99 local streaming

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
I'm in Lancaster and the Pens are considered one of the home teams here so I can't get ESPN+.

I checked this new app by zip code and it said I was out of the Pens' viewing area so I can't get this app either.

Ready to engage in some swashbuckling.

Update:

Maybe they had complaints because I checked again today and it said my zip was good so got the app today. I just canceled my cable and cut my bill down from $250 to $100 for internet and this app.

Yeah, I'm watching the Bucs. No boos please.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Lots of awkward commercial breaks on the stream tonight, or was it that way on the cable version as well?

Cut off Boston car dealer and Fenway hotdog sauce commercials have been shown.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
That's not cable. You just have cable channels.

Right. ESPN blatantly allows it.
Not necessarily. It totally depends on the region/teams and the particular VPN and how you use it and can be a huge exercise in frustration. I've used 3 VPNs to try to watch Kraken games on ESPN+. One worked briefly (NordVPN using SmartDNS), then stopped, the other two also don't. Thankfully Kraken booted Root and will stream via all non-national games via Amazon Prime, no additional cost to me next season as a member. Better lucky than good, I guess.

Maninthebox87

Dec 5, 2014
PA
My family is In the process of cutting the cord pay about $200 a month for cable/internet… the wife just streams her shows on Roku all I was really watching on cable was pens/steelers/bucs and some other games. What are everyone’s thoughts on the app? Is it able to be used via Roku or do I need to screen share off my phone?

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
People are bitching about $18/mo, but FSG has the exact same type of package in Boston for $30/mo so really this isn't bad at all.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Maninthebox87

Dec 5, 2014
PA
An update almost immediately after I cancelled cable the pirates called up Skenes and for his debut I pulled the trigger and downloaded the app. I was able to stream it through my phone to my Roku stick so it works great as long as you’re not trying to channel surf between commercials. So far I like this alternative to watch games after buying this app and cancelling my cable plan I’m still saving $80 a month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad