Proposal: Phillys 1st round pick to Calgary

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
To Philly: Markstrom@50%, Ramsus Andersson.

To Calgary: Phillys first round pick

As the base.

To Philly fans, please don’t be mad, if the trade is way off, I love you Philly fans. Thank you

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

As the base.

To Philly fans, please don’t be mad, if the trade is way off, I love you Philly fans. Thank you
Flyers have three goalies for next year, and although Markstom is an upgrade IMO I don't think they would be after a goalie.

Andersson alone should be worth a first though, so not sure why Calgary would do this.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
a top 4 D and a #1 goalie at 50% for a first. That is a steal. If that was offered the flyers should take it than flip each player.
Don’t get this logic. Why wouldn’t Calgary just do the same if it’s supposedly great value?

Reactions: Grinner

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

As the base.

The 12th pick is a greater need for the allegedly rebuilding Flyers than a 34-year-old #1 goaltender and a 27-year-old top 4 defenseman.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
They hundred percent would, Calgary would never do this trade

It's one of those special proposals that offers poor value to Calgary, for a pair of players that Philly don't really need. :laugh:

In other words...it doesn't make any sense. The value would be extremely hard for Philly to turn down, but the fact that Calgary could get more for those two separately is why they'd never offer it in the first place.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
If Philly was in the mood to trade a top 15 pick to upgrade their roster - which I don't think they are, by the way - then I think something like Ristolainen and 12th overall for Ramus Andersson would be more in line with what they would be looking for. Or something based on that with other pieces added, maybe. I'm assuming Calgary fans would demand more (?). Definitely not a goalie. Philly doesn't need a goalie at all, and they aren't desperate to upgrade their roster for a playoff spot next season either. Ersson, Fedotov and I guess technically Petersen too should be fine for a rebuilding but semi-competitive team.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Flyers have too much dead weight on their roster (Risto, Seeler) (Petersen) and than half the forward core.

Most fans want the flyers to rebuild and completely bottom out.

The organization won’t do that especially with Torts here.

I think the value is crap because of Markstrom, personally even at 50%. He should not be a target of the Flyers.

• Love
Reactions: FlyguyOX

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
If you loved Philly fans, you wouldn‘t even put this out there. This is just what they need to make it into the playoffs and get swept in the 1st. Please, scrub this from the internet before management senses it.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Flyers fans - No

Flyers management - Remove Markstrom and it's a deal

Bond

May 10, 2012
It's one of those special proposals that offers poor value to Calgary, for a pair of players that Philly don't really need. :laugh:

In other words...it doesn't make any sense. The value would be extremely hard for Philly to turn down, but the fact that Calgary could get more for those two separately is why they'd never offer it in the first place.
These kind of proposals always make me laugh. OP started with a pick they wanted and then threw some crap at the wall. Andersson is worth that pick alone and Philly doesn't need him

Reactions: biturbo19

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
IMO, Calgary and New Jersey are a match made in heaven. Philly not so much.

NJ has lots of nice futures and cap space and has a burning need for competent goaltending. Calgary has a competent goaltender who looks like he'd be open to a move.

Reactions: Bone Density

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005

As the base.

To Philly fans, please don’t be mad, if the trade is way off, I love you Philly fans. Thank youSory
not a chance. That might get you Andersson.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Everyone in Philadelphia hates this trade offer, except for Daryl Morey who would welcome it because the Flyers would have the worst GM if it is accepted.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013

As the base.

For me as a not a fan of a true rebuild, but as a big fan of trade assets for players, it’s a very very good trade.

Reactions: viper0220

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Not sure we're entirely up for trading good picks right now. Andersson is good, but he's 28 early next season - does he fit our window?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad