Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
OK, cards on the table time, which would you be madder about? Flyers jump up to #2, but the Devils jump up to #1, or Pittsburgh moves to #4, Detroit or St. Louis moves up to 5 or 6, and the Flyers fall to 14th?

pooch

May 30, 2017
Ahhhh the things we look forward to. Like figuring out what a mock draft might look like.

200.gif

Here is the draft order as it currently stands:

View attachment 866556
Winnipeg (pick 27) is already knocked out, so why is there pick worse than Boston, Colorado or Edmonton's who are still alive?

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
BPA. This is probably a good year to get a possible 1D. 6 of the top 12 are defensemen. The Flyers need a number one center and 1D. There are 6 or 7 guys who could be 1C but most likely most of those are 2Cs. I prefer Celebrini- no shot to get, or Catton. Denison is a great wing, who may be able to be a 1C, but isn’t thought of as a C by many experts. Lindstrom and Iginla are more of the goal scoring type of center. The Flyers would gladly take that but would prefer a playmaker at center to feed Michkov, Foerster, Tippet, Konecny and company. If the right center isn’t there, and one of the top 6 defensemen are, I would assume they go D. Helenius and Hagevate probably 2Cs but could develop into 1Cs.

It looks like the Flyers will have a 5% shot at number 2, about a 8.5% chance to fall to 13th and the rest, about 86.5% chance to stay put at number 12 in the lottery. So they are probably picking 12th
BPA indeed, there will be a couple good players for them to choose from at 12-13. I REALLY wish they had a couple more 2nd rounders. A lot of good players are going to be gone from 33-50 before we get the JOB pick at 51.

How beautiful will it be if when they are doing the draft lottery reveal it’s the Sabres that are revealed in the 12th spot?
Just like it did in the Patrick draft! "Did I hear that right?"

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
There is apparently a very slim chance we can get #4, but I have no goddamn idea how.
Minnesota "winning" the lottery and moving to 3rd, which bumps the Flyers to 13 temporarily, and then the Flyers "winning" the next slot moving to 4th because they can't pass Minnesota.

I think that's the only way the Flyers could get #4.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Just not Chicago or any of the teams behind the Flyers. Preferably not the Devils either. Preferably the Flyers

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad