Hodgson attempting a return

MrCreamm

Nov 16, 2023
I mean theoretically what's the highest level league he could realistically play? ECHL maybe, I don't know how other European leagues rank in comparison, so perhaps someone could chime in. I assume he could play in a fair bit of European leagues even though he's old and been out of it. Idk maybe even the ECHL is a stretch.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I mean theoretically what's the highest level league he could realistically play? ECHL maybe, I don't know how other European leagues rank in comparison, so perhaps someone could chime in. I assume he could play in a fair bit of European leagues even though he's old and been out of it. Idk maybe even the ECHL is a stretch.
European leagues are way, way, way better than the ECHL.

Reactions: ItWasJustified

NVious

Dec 20, 2022

HIs return is doing well enough in the AHL with 5 goals and 6 points in 8 games.
Goes to show you how talented the very best in the world really are, guy steps away fro nearly a decade and is still going nearly ppg in the 2nd best league in the world.

This would be some miracle if he gets another game in the NHL. Even just one.
Honestly Chicago should give him a shot near the end of the year, although you may have to sit a superstar like Ryan Donato or Mackenzie Entwistle or Reese Johnson

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
I'm frankly astonished, this is actually a pretty unreal under the radar story. Guy hasn't played in almost an entire decade, was not exactly an all-star player (44 point career high) and is... practically picking up where he left off 8 years ago? Like what was he doing all this time, skating around doing drills?

Reactions: luiginb

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I'm frankly astonished, this is actually a pretty unreal under the radar story. Guy hasn't played in almost an entire decade, was not exactly an all-star player (44 point career high) and is... practically picking up where he left off 8 years ago? Like what was he doing all this time, skating around doing drills?

He was on ice as a junior coach in Nashville since he retired.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Of all the miscalls, this is pretty understandable. Still funny though.

HIs return is doing well enough in the AHL with 5 goals and 6 points in 8 games.

Awesome story, glad he made it back and is doing incredibly well.

Man, I remember when Buffalo got him. Felt like we had found a stud. That feeling...didn't last.

I remember seeing him on the Amerks, and he was the one guy on either squad where it was like “ya, that’s an NHLer.” Then it just never really materialized/translated, and he’s done before ya know it.

Glad he’s making the most of it and is getting to kinda write his own end to his career. Lotta people don’t know about his health problems and think he just didn’t care enough, and he’s correcting some of that just by getting back to what he seemingly always wanted to do anyways. Respect to him, hope he keeps crushing it.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Hodgson was always a real talent, way more talented than his trade nemesis Kassian. The knock on him was he was a slow and not that great defensively, both of which you can (somewhat) work on with age.

Hockey is so soft nowadays and the NHL so watered down I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some games in the big league, which would be just another nail in the coffin to the "hockey is evolving like crazy and leaving scrubs from the past behind every decade" crowd.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Maybe that 44 point career high had something to do with his health. He's a guy who was 1.23 ppg in his career in the O. Closest historical comparable would be Logan Couture.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Hodgson was always a real talent, way more talented than his trade nemesis Kassian. The knock on him was he was a slow and not that great defensively, both of which you can (somewhat) work on with age.

Hockey is so soft nowadays and the NHL so watered down I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some games in the big league, which would be just another nail in the coffin to the "hockey is evolving like crazy and leaving scrubs from the past behind every decade" crowd.
you know he had an undiagnosed debilitating illness, right?

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
It has been 32 years since Disney prophesied about the player, turned non-player, turned junior coach, turned player again. Now he just needs to watch out for cheap shots to his knees in the minors.

Would be hilarious to find out that his comeback started after he took the Jr Preds to an NHL game and ran into one of his old teammates.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad