Greatest come-back playoff games in team history.

What is the greatest come back game in Canuck history?

• Game 5 Maple Leafs vs Canucks May 24 1994

• Game 4 Canucks vs Predators April 28 2024

Results are only viewable after voting.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
asking Canuck fans.

greatest or most memorable Canuck come back, 2 choices

May 24, 1994 game 5 Leafs at Canucks. Leafs jump out to a quick 3-0 lead, only to have the Canuck come back win game 5 in OT and punch our way to the finals.

( I can't find the Highlite package for this game) :(

Or

April 28 2024, Canucks score the 1st goal but make a late comeback with less than 3 minutes to tie down by 2 and end it early in OT

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
don’t forget game 5 against st louis in the bubble

everything was going wrong and we were getting absolutely caved in. it looked like a repeat of 2002, when we got out to a 2-0 lead against detroit before being completely and utterly outclassed. midway through the second period, series tied 2-2 and we are down 3-1, getting outshot by double digits... and then j.t. miller just wills the puck into the net. pulled the series right back.

after that goal, we outscored st louis 8-2.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Guys, of the choices, one has the Leafs losing, one of the greatest calls in Canucks history, AND sent the team to the Finals.

I hate to use this term, but it's an obvious choice AINEC.

Yeah, of those two options, it’s Game 5 in 1994 in a landslide.

I’d put Game 7 vs Calgary in 1994 there. Adams tied the game late in the third before Bure iced it in Double OT - but it’s even more insane to think we won Games 5, 6 AND 7 in OT to complete a comeback from being down 3-1 in the series. I think that’s the greatest comeback in franchise history, if not the greatest game.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
I didn't start watching hockey till 99, why are we playing the leafs in the western final in 1994?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I didn't start watching hockey till 99, why are we playing the leafs in the western final in 1994?

at this pt, san jose and anaheim were brand new teams so the divisional alignment still had toronto in the norris (central) division

remember there was no colorado yet at this time, and obviously not nashville, minnesota, or columbus yet

detroit was in the west until very recently and toronto is really really close to detroit, although their case for realignment, which was legit, is that they are even closer to buffalo. and it became easier to ask to be moved to the east when minnesota turned into dallas and soon after winnipeg turned into phoenix. suddenly, the center was much farther west.

but the divisional and conference alignment was really messed uo for a while as the league was expanding and moving west. iirc for at least the first year tampa was in the norris.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
because there's way more cities on the east coast than west coast and there were basically no cities in the midwest so they just had to lump the leafs into the west, same reason detroit/columbus were in the west.

im sure in the future new fans will ask why nashville was in the same conference as us too

Reactions: Vancouver_2010

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Not the best, but Kesler scoring in game 5 after coming back from his injury with seconds left was incredible

Lat

Oct 12, 2005
Matt Cooke, Game 7 with 5.7s left against the Flames in 2004 (with Jovo in the box) was also epic...but I guess it didn't count since CGY scored in OT :confused:

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Matt Cooke, Game 7 with 5.7s left against the Flames in 2004 (with Jovo in the box) was also epic...but I guess it didn't count since CGY scored in OT :confused:
That goal though had a lot of moments: Jovo takes a penalty to leave Vancouver short handed; in the dying seconds someone throws a 44 jersey on the ice and a ref just picks it up instead of blowing play dead; Cooke (?) blatantly trips Iginla at centre ice and no call; Naslund drives into the zone and takes the puck to the net; the puck is just sitting there for Cooke to shovel in; and Jovo goes bananas in the penalty box.

Reactions: RooBicks

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
asking Canuck fans.

greatest or most memorable Canuck come back, 2 choices

May 24, 1994 game 5 Leafs at Canucks. Leafs jump out to a quick 3-0 lead, only to have the Canuck come back win game 5 in OT and punch our way to the finals.

( I can't find the Highlite package for this game) :(

Or

April 28 2024, Canucks score the 1st goal but make a late comeback with less than 3 minutes to tie down by 2 and end it early in OT

Watching some of those 94 highlights holy did goalies ever play differently back then. Like they werent even trying lol. No wonder Gretzky had all those goals and assists lol

Reactions: lawrence

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Yeah, of those two options, it’s Game 5 in 1994 in a landslide.

I’d put Game 7 vs Calgary in 1994 there. Adams tied the game late in the third before Bure iced it in Double OT - but it’s even more insane to think we won Games 5, 6 AND 7 in OT to complete a comeback from being down 3-1 in the series. I think that’s the greatest comeback in franchise history, if not the greatest game.
Those games were obviously more important, but the Nashville comeback was more improbable, which is how I’m reading “greatest comeback”.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
71b09b98-554d-4bec-b3d9-5cfadbfe045b_text.gif

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
No offense but a non-elimination game in round 1 simply doesn't compare to an elimination game that sends the winner to the SCF.

Methinks you need to check your recency bias.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
No offense but a non-elimination game in round 1 simply doesn't compare to an elimination game that sends the winner to the SCF.

Methinks you need to check your recency bias.

Not many fans were alive to see the Greg Adams game, but then again, nostalgia bias also exists.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Not many fans were alive to see the Greg Adams game, but then again, nostalgia bias also exists.
Man, it was only 30 years ago... we're not living in Logan's Run here, lol.

But, I was at that game to experience the comeback win in person and freely admit I may be biased. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad