3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
I know we are up 2-0 but i don't think anyone would argue we have been dominant. It's gonna be a heavy push down in Raleigh and a split would suit me just fine.

I do think we'll see some lineup changes on the Car side that might have some effect: Jarvis up for Svech, Teravainen on the Staal/Martinook line. Potentially burns down with ADA and Skjei up with Slavin. They'll try to matchup more i'm sure.

The big Q for me on their side is in net. do we see Kochetkov in game 3 or 4? In terms of Rangers bugaboos, "taking advantage of a cold young goaltender" would be an excellent one to take down.

I missed periods 3-OT2 last night so feel a little left out of the party. annoying. i'm happy to hear that Laf looked good.

as far as the media calling us divers, not giving us respect, etc, it's a total lost cause. In Filipovic/J Han's series preview (after g1), the entirety of the discussion was focused on what Carolina could do or needed to do to respond - how could they win? How could they maintain the advantage they developed analytically over the course of the season?

I separate the "hockey media bias" from the "analytical community" bias. the latter is easier to explain: a victory for the analytically superior team is a victory for analytics in terms of predictive ability.

the media one is tougher. Nobody wants to respect the rangers. whether it's rempe, trouba, this newfound diving thing.. how is it that when Tampa acquires goodrow and coleman everyone ooohs and aaahs at their savvy recognition of the necessity of grit to make deep playoff runs, but if the rangers start playing a physical game it's a stain on the league?

I agree with what others have said. Don't care. hypocritical, outdated, dangerous, call it what you will. I want to win.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I really enjoy Sam and company. Yes Sam makes some mistakes or gets over enthusiastic at times. That is part of what makes Sam Sam. I wouldn't change a thing. Perfection isnt all it is craked up to be. Laughing at Sams goofs is part of his greatness. I couldn't think of a single guy I would rather do the Ranger games.

I like Joe. I liked JD. I liked Espo. I liked Bill Chadwick. I feel spoiled by 5 decades of great colorful good guys.
Sam I like more w/o Joe. His radio call the other day was great. My impression is MSG wants the broadcast team to do the things I find annoying, so it's not exactly Sam & Joe's fault.

As to the old-timers, I got into the Rangers by listening to Howie Rose on the radio. He was so, so good at it.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
My tiny little gripe with coaching staff…. Stop putting Kreider-Mika out on 4v4.

they both been playing great but the extra ice should have guys like Panarin and Laffy

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Is Trouba at risk of being suspended? I’d be ok if he’s suspended, he’s been pretty rough and I think Gus is suffering for it.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
If Trouba is suspended the league has jumped the shark.

Seriously the Pittsburgh Media/Fan base is f***ing embarassing.
The only thing that’s embarrassing is Trouba and his reckless lunatic bullshit on top of his atrocious play, and also the fact that this team slapped a C on that horses ass of a defender

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Losing battle. Even if the Rangers win it all there would be some thread like "worst team ever to win a cup?"

Enjoy the ride and hopefully the destination, not how others interpret it.
Right, it's that same mentality that Toronto fans have in thinking the Leafs are superior to the NYR, yet they can't get out the first round year after year, even with Mathews scoring 150g.

We'll see about Edm....

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
You must be fun at parties. Before yesterday he was doing pretty good this series. Yesterday he was middle of the pack. We are 6-0. Enjoy.
Just replying to the post about why he only got 11 minutes of ice time. If you thought he was good last night don't know what to tell you. His two line mates were good.
Yep trust me I'm enjoying just as much as the next.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Listen, they have proven one thing so far this year: The people that were screaming for another retool and rebuild have damaged their credibility big time. And that's putting it nicely.
And you know what we still have some really nice prospects in the pipeline IMO.
Garand along with a decent amount big talented forwards. And a guaranteed fan favorite in Berard.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
My tiny little gripe with coaching staff…. Stop putting Kreider-Mika out on 4v4.

they both been playing great but the extra ice should have guys like Panarin and Laffy
Definitely think they like the defensive/experience aspect there, almost like they want to get through 4 on 4 to even it up again.

We wouldnt see Laf and Panarin together because theres no center, so its really either Tro/Panarin or Wennberg/Laf. Both good combos. I agree there.

We also saw a little more moving around of the bottom 6. Kakko came off the 3rd line a few times. We saw Krieder there several times as well. Cuylle dropped down to the 4th for a few shifts, Vesey also had a couple extra and was moved around too I believe.

The depth is real on this team. 11 forwards being rotated compared to the Canes 9. As you get deeper into a physical game and into multiple OTs, that starts to show

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
The only thing that’s embarrassing is Trouba and his reckless lunatic bullshit on top of his atrocious play, and also the fact that this team slapped a C on that horses ass of a defender
you're way out of line here. i'm critical of trouba, he's had some rough patches.

reckless lunatic? not sure if serious here.... you're fan of this team? you sure you're following the right sport?

Any other team in the league plays hard and hits clean.. its "good ole fashion" hockey
Rangers do it... it's dirty and fineable...

This is all a backlash against the league and Dolan over $$$ .. if it don't make sense... there's a buck in it...

Plus, what Gorton did after the Wilson fiasco years back was a no no.... This league is the old boys club... they don't take nice to the madison ave NY hockey team

Reactions: kovazub94 and Siddi

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The pk has been amazing. I wonder how much Trouba has to do with that?
I'm just trying to think of maybe a positive part of his game last night

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Definitely think they like the defensive/experience aspect there, almost like they want to get through 4 on 4 to even it up again.

We wouldnt see Laf and Panarin together because theres no center, so its really either Tro/Panarin or Wennberg/Laf. Both good combos. I agree there.

We also saw a little more moving around of the bottom 6. Kakko came off the 3rd line a few times. We saw Krieder there several times as well. Cuylle dropped down to the 4th for a few shifts, Vesey also had a couple extra and was moved around too I believe.

The depth is real on this team. 11 forwards being rotated compared to the Canes 9. As you get deeper into a physical game and into multiple OTs, that starts to show
I meant like Laffy Zibs and Panarin Trocheck

They need people that can carry the puck. Kreider dumped it in on 4v4. There’s no need for that

Reactions: Siddi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad