• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
but.. why did kakko only get 11 mins??
He was invisible all night. Wennberg & Cuylle didn't do much on the stat sheet, but they were active & engaged. Kakko was nowhere to be found.

Why change the lineup?
Because Rempe has done nothing in this series & even Lavi is starting to get weary of the penalty per game he's taking.

Said it before and I’ll say it again but the Canes lack leadership when things get wobbly. Deangelo completely ignoring Staal (their Captain lol) when he told him to calm down, Aho showed his most fire when trying to convince the refs Skjei should be in the box and not him. Rod has that deer in headlights look all too often through 2 games. He’s got one foot out the door as do a ton of other players on Carolina. Series is over if we win Thursday, and that may not even be enough for them
Aho should've been given an extra 2 minutes for that outburst.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Makes me miss Doc Emerick. I know not everyone loved him and his word usage (WAFFLEBOARDED) could be……peculiar, but man if your team did something cool in the playoffs Doc was going to call it like it was the last play the sport would ever see.
Agreed.

Plus he was extremely fast on the calls which is important for such a fluid sport. He almost never took too long of a breath and managed to call the plays with density. All other commentators allow more space between their sentences and it's a less nuanced play call as a result.

I don't need doc to enjoy the game, but it added a little extra something.

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
Quite a few and made great defensive plays all game and offensive ones as well but those didn't materialize.. By far the most physical player out there but most everyone on here shitting on him. To be honest I was disappointed with him in the regular season this year but in these playoffs he has been far and away our best defenceman.
I like Trouba, but he fûck up to many easy ones. I'm guessing Drury & Co sees the same and try to shop him this upcoming summer.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Man was Lafreniere great last night. He was everywhere. Not just the goals either. Turning up the physicality. His second goal he makes the play on the boards, gets hit, and beats his man up the ice to the net. He's only 22.

Igor really is something. He has the clutch factor. Basically had no chance on all 3 goals. Keeps it pushing and is a brick wall. Oh and f*** Svechnikov. Igor despises him.

Need a big goal in the playoffs? Call Kreider. He just gets it done. Best net front in the league.

DeAngelo, you don't want to fight Miller.

Trocheck does EVERYTHING. The fact he got the 2OT winner is just perfect. Mike Breen dropped the call for Jalen Brunson "born to play basketball" in the regular season. Trocheck was born to play hockey. Whatever play you need, you get. An unbelievable signing.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
That was a weird game tbh. First of all this team is different. Having Igor locked in meant for me that I pretty much knew we were winning when we were within 1 after 2.

But I thought the rangers were not sharp most of that game. They were out of synch, losing focus and not pushing the issue at odd moments pretty much across the board. The third line had a tough night, kakko mostly, but I thought the issues were mostly defensive.

What was clear was that Carolina came out hard and they just couldn't break through on us. Taking a home game from them out of the next two would be too much for them you can tell. This rangers team has something special cooking.

Side thought on Carolina was that for such a league darling they sure have some pretty epic playoff collapses. Am I right in thinking they've been the the ECF 2 times under Rod and have yet to win a game in that round?

Yeah I kept saying to myself that the Rangers kept hurting themselves. Bad turnovers, silly decisions.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
We are on the road now and don't get last change. It will be much harder to shelter Rempe.

He hasn't contributed much this series to be fair.

Much?

He hasn't contributed at all in this series.

I was hoping he would have smoked a cane defender or 2 by now. I don't know that we can really afford the luxury of giving him more time to do it in Carolina where they're going to get most of the calls and the refs are basically looking to call him for everything.

I get not wanting to rock the boat but it may be time to make the change now.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Much?

I was hoping he would have smoked a cane defender or 2 by now. I don't know that we can really afford the luxury of giving him more time to do it in Carolina where they're going to get most of the calls and the refs are basically looking to call him for everything.

And it's not like we are winning easily. These have been two razer thin victories.

We are about to go on the road. We could use a little boost. It's not like 6-0 is unassailable.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah I kept saying to myself that the Rangers kept hurting themselves. Bad turnovers, silly decisions.
I’m usually here to defend Miller (he definitely has more good / great games than bad) but last night he struggled. IMO he struggled more than Trouba in this game.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
It's one of those cross checks that is one by the letter of the law but almost never gets called.

Goodrow got called for one earlier and at that point in the game I'd be pissed if it were called against the Rangers.

But f*** the Canes. Not a more unlikable group of clowns in the league (Boston is close, but my hatred for Aho wins out.)
They had to call it. Canes go down on a breakaway if it's not called.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Much?

Canes don’t have Wilson to be mindful of and their team speed is incomparable to Caps - Rempe doesn’t look like he can catch up to make a hit. I get why Rempe hasn’t been out of lineup but seeing what transpired after these last two games and not having an extra rest day before the next game - fresh legs and someone who can actually log in 15 minutes instead of 3 is the way to go.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Carolina's 2nd PP refuses to shoot the puck. RBA said they have two good units. Shoot the puck first on the PP. Get the other team to move around and create offensive opportunities. That's how to run the PP. Carolina is very aggressive on the PK. The Rangers get them out of position and create chances. The Rangers don't give them anything on their PP. They don't allow them to gain the zone by breaking up the play at the blue line or give them nothing when they are set up.

Kaapo Bustfreniere

Jun 21, 2019
Same. The mute button exists and radio clips can easily be dubbed over.
Do you guys to know if it is possible to listen to the radio broadcasts over here in Europe? Either live or just the recording of it? It really would be nice to listen to Sam calling these games.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Man was Lafreniere great last night. He was everywhere. Not just the goals either. Turning up the physicality. His second goal he makes the play on the boards, gets hit, and beats his man up the ice to the net. He's only 22.

Igor really is something. He has the clutch factor. Basically had no chance on all 3 goals. Keeps it pushing and is a brick wall. Oh and f*** Svechnikov. Igor despises him.

Need a big goal in the playoffs? Call Kreider. He just gets it done. Best net front in the league.

DeAngelo, you don't want to fight Miller.

Trocheck does EVERYTHING. The fact he got the 2OT winner is just perfect. Mike Breen dropped the call for Jalen Brunson "born to play basketball" in the regular season. Trocheck was born to play hockey. Whatever play you need, you get. An unbelievable signing.
lovin this post jim

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Canes don’t have Wilson to be mindful of and their team speed is incomparable to Caps - Rempe doesn’t look like he can catch up to make a hit. I get why Rempe hasn’t been out of lineup but seeing what transpired after these last two games and not having an extra rest day before the next game - fresh legs and someone who can actually log in 15 minutes instead of 3 is the way to go.
I could see this being the exact case & is mostly what I was saying about swapping him out on the road.

At home, the crowd feeds off him so I can see him being in, but it might be time for a change.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Like I suspected, this isn't a lopsided series. Special teams performance is the reason we're ahead 2-0, which is certainly interesting given the Canes were the special teams kings in the regular season.

It was interesting to see how PL and Brind'Amour differed in TOI strategy. NYR were all over the place with Rempe at 4 minutes, Kakko at 11, and Trocheck/Panarin at 32+

The Canes on the other hand didn't use Comtois, Kotkaniemi or Noesen, whom I all consider to be perfectly competent hockey players (No idea why Noesen was benched), but didn't lean on their top guys quite as heavily.

I think this series goes at minimum 6 games, which is why I'm thankful they got ahead of the curve at home. a 1-1 split in Raleigh would see us in good stead.

You can tell Rempe is young because if I had to jump off the bench to celebrate after sitting for 3 hours I'd be cramping up on the ice.

Cuylle had a really effective game. Everyone has been sleeping on that line due to lack of offense but they've been great and really added the depth we needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad