Pre-Game Talk: Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
No, but I've seen over and over how huge a factor sports psychology is. The Canucks losing Boeser is a lot more than losing a stat machine like in a video game

For instance I'm sure the Canucks will be inspired to win it for Boeser.
You are reading way too much into this psychology nonsense, both teams are going to play cautious and give it their all , may the best team win and not lose by lucky bounces

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Wish the weather didn't suck so much all weekend. Really would have been outside all day instead of just a part of it. Indoors I seem to gravitate to discussing a game 7, Heh, even cleaned out the garage again to have something else to do on this cold plunky day.

make matters worse trying to go anywhere today was pretty much off the books. Vaisakhi celebration was in our neighborhood attended usually by 200-300k people. Lets just say there was nowhere to drive to or get out of neighborhood and even emergency vehicles would not have gotten through. All front streets parked on. driveways blocked, back alley parking. Like this every year. Wasn't quite as bad this year but its basically impossible to get out of neighborhood and if you do you can't get back till its over. Its over now and everything is shut, oh well.

Feel sorry for the people that went camping in this. Frost risk last night and tonight and miserable. Covering plants again and putting container plants in garage. May 19 and cold as a bugger. I think when the Oilers won first SC on same day it was 28C or something. Right now its 5C. The high today was 8C.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
You are reading way too much into this psychology nonsense, both teams are going to play cautious and give it their all , may the best team win and not lose by lucky bounces
Imo there are different ways to see the sport. I have always seen every game as a mix of luck, skill, systems, and yes, focus and distractions. Maybe I am overstating the psychology aspect of it but it's always there. But if other people disagree that's fine by me.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
We always hope for that. But invariably bounces are big in hockey. Garbage officiating too.

The Oilers are the best team so Obviously I want you to be right. heh

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The media talking points are gonna be insufferable either way but hopefully it ends up being "Canucks lost because injuries" and not a bunch of miracle fluff pieces because the Oilers choked it away.
But it doesn't really matter. After we kicked the Flames in the teeth in 5 games there were still those that were talking as if somehow the better team lost. Its uncanny, and never really stops. Bias is bias.

While I'm sure not thrilled in the series going 7 games the Nucks seemed to be a team this season that believed in themselves. Seems like theres one story like that every playoffs and it can be hard to force that team out.

In subsequent years nobody talks too much about how many games it took, just that you advanced. Not much reflection that in 84 we went 7 games against the Flames. or 90 against the jets. Only thing that matters is getting to next round.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Wish the weather didn't suck so much all weekend. Really would have been outside all day instead of just a part of it. Indoors I seem to gravitate to discussing a game 7, Heh, even cleaned out the garage again to have something else to do on this cold plunky day.

make matters worse trying to go anywhere today was pretty much off the books. Vaisakhi celebration was in our neighborhood attended usually by 200-300k people. Lets just say there was nowhere to drive to or get out of neighborhood and even emergency vehicles would not have gotten through. All front streets parked on. driveways blocked, back alley parking. Like this every year. Wasn't quite as bad this year but its basically impossible to get out of neighborhood and if you do you can't get back till its over. Its over now and everything is shut, oh well.

Feel sorry for the people that went camping in this. Frost risk last night and tonight and miserable. Covering plants again and putting container plants in garage. May 19 and cold as a bugger. I think when the Oilers won first SC on same day it was 28C or something. Right now its 5C. The high today was 8C.
Agree - would rather be "distracted" with more outdoor work this weekend. But the cool rainy weather is making me instinctively gravitate to the usual addictions.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I would love Messier to shut up. he picked the Nucks to win the series before it started and had several things to say about that "tremendous" club.

Messier sold the Oilers out.
🤔 Thought everyone except 1 guy picked oilers to win on sportsnet. Recall he was the one guy to pick oil to beat the flames in 2022. Gretz picked the flames.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Canucks fans and media are so f***ed up

Victim complex
Blaming others

2946A73A-9C21-4DBE-BAC7-34E292AFA89B.gif

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Sucks about Boeser, but he's been a non-factor the last 3 games. I expect Vancouver to be just as dangerous so we can't take them lightly. I wonder how Vancouver adjusts their lines

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
lol they can play their backup but are choosing to play their 3rd string….

I've been saying this all series. Desmith has lost the backup position to Silovs.

It drives me crazy that the only real injury of significance that the Canucks have is Demko. Meanwhile Henrique hasn't played a game this series. Mcdavid has some sort of upper body injury, Kane and Draisaitl are playing through injuries and and the Oilers have the flu going (ekholm playing 15 minutes).

Canucks fans and media already with the excuses even before the series started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad