Player Discussion Evan Bouchard

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Cmon man. Stop lying. I said “he could have cost us the season” and we haven’t advanced yet so this holds true.

If you watch the sequence leading up to the play he scored last night he fumbled the puck twice and made a garbage pass to mcdavid that ended up working out.

We’re not saying he’s a bad defenseman, we don’t hate the guy, but sure as shit he’s not in consideration for the smythe and he’s not a top defenseman in this league. You can keep living in your delusional world, but stop calling out me and Guymez out. It’s immature and getting old.
You feel attacked and then go on to say that thinking the best d-man of the playoffs so far being a Smythe candidate is "delusional"?

Stones, glasshouses etc.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So to recount Bouchard now has 18pts in playoffs, Third behind only the immortals. Nobody else is close. This is Bobby Orr type of production. Booch is 1.64pts/G playoffs including 5 goals. Booch also +10, leading entire league in that stat if anybody still cares about it.

One of the Norris favorites is invisible, getting owned, tossed around, has zero goals and only 9pts, half of what Bouchard has and Hughes has played more games, and is only even.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Cmon man. Stop lying. I said “he could have cost us the season” and we haven’t advanced yet so this holds true.

If you watch the sequence leading up to the play he scored last night he fumbled the puck twice and made a garbage pass to mcdavid that ended up working out.

We’re not saying he’s a bad defenseman, we don’t hate the guy, but sure as shit he’s not in consideration for the smythe and he’s not a top defenseman in this league. You can keep living in your delusional world, but stop calling out me and Guymez out. It’s immature and getting old.
Nope. You absolutely did not say that. Your statement was clear as day. Had the Oilers lost yesterday in a 5-4 game where Bouchard had 4 points, was a plus +4 and not on the ice for any goals against, made 3 goaline saves behind Skinner, and had 2 disallowed goals due to poor reffing,.....you 1000% insinuated that the entire series would have been lost b/c of that one play.

You're trying to walk back a stupid statement. Only one lying is you. Just like you did with the other poster who busted you by posting your DM lmao

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
How is there even a debate about this absolute stud defenceman that IS one of the best defenceman in todays game. It’s literally undeniable at this point. The analytics back it up, the eye test backs it up. The ability to produce and defend in playoffs CEMENTS it.

Like i said many times in this thread, some Oilers “fans” are: SUS!!!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
How is there even a debate about this absolute stud defenceman that IS one of the best defenceman in todays game. It’s literally undeniable at this point. The analytics back it up, the eye test backs it up. The ability to produce and defend in playoffs CEMENTS it.

Bouch has his warts, and probably always will. But if continues to outperform them by all the other things he can do, I can more than live with it.

Hughes and Makar control the blueline with their superior skating skill and lateral movement. Bouch controls it subtley with his brain and icy veins.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Bouchard has flaws in his game. Everyone knows that. But right now he is sitting 89th for points in the playoffs by a defenseman and second in pts/gm behind Orr. No matter how you cut it, the guy has stepped up.
That's wild.

I was curious and took a look at points/game per playoff. Bouchard is currently only sitting behind Coffey's insane 37 points in 18 games back in '84/'85 for guys that played 7+ games.

1. Coffey 84/85
2. Bouchard 23/24
3. Orr 71/72
4. Paul Reinhart 83/84
5. Leetch 93/94
6. Potvin 75/76
7. Makar 21/22
8. Orr 69/70
9. Bouchard 22/23
10. MacInnis 88/89
11. Robinson 77/78
12. Leetch 94/95
13. Bourque 95/96
14. Potvin 80/81
15. Makar 23/24

That's some decent company.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

There isn't a debate. Seems like two trolls in the thread with an agenda.

Bouchard has flaws in his game. Everyone knows that. But right now he is sitting 89th for points in the playoffs by a defenseman and second in pts/gm behind Orr. No matter how you cut it, the guy has stepped up.
Bobby Orr was once on ice for 5GA in a playoff game against the Habs. It happens. To the best.

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Eliteprospects also has all-time totals per team which is kind of cool.

Career playoff points-per-game:

1. Orr on the Bruins: 1.24
2. Bouchard on the Oilers: 1.13
3. Coffey on the Penguins: 1.13
4. Makar on the Avs: 1.11
5. Coffey on the Oilers: 1.10
6. Leetch on the Rangers: 1.09
7. MacInnis on the Flames: 1.07
8. Coffey on the Red Wings: 1.02

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
I could've recalled his comparable NHL player when he got drafted here was Washington Capital's John Carlson. I don't think its remotely far-fetched to say that he'll be even better than Carlson. It's crazy how good Bouchard is. The sky is the limit for him.
Now that I think about it he reminds me a bit of Sergei Gonchar.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Eliteprospects also has all-time totals per team which is kind of cool.

Career playoff points-per-game:

1. Orr on the Bruins: 1.24
2. Bouchard on the Oilers: 1.13
3. Coffey on the Penguins: 1.13
4. Makar on the Avs: 1.11
5. Coffey on the Oilers: 1.10
6. Leetch on the Rangers: 1.09
7. MacInnis on the Flames: 1.07
8. Coffey on the Red Wings: 1.02

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I could've recalled his comparable NHL player when he got drafted here was Washington Capital's John Carlson. I don't think its remotely far-fetched to say that he'll be even better than Carlson. It's crazy how good Bouchard is. The sky is the limit for him.

IMO he is better defensively than Carlson already. Carlson is the king of standing straight up in his end just watching stuff happen. The step Bouch has taken this year in his own end has blown me away. He's able to stay ahead of the play a lot and use his stick well. He will never be too physical, and still has his bad moments, but how effective he is puts him in a high tier among offensive minded D.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Bouch has his warts, and probably always will. But if continues to outperform them by all the other things he can do, I can more than live with it.

Hughes and Makar control the blueline with their superior skating skill and lateral movement. Bouch controls it subtley with his brain and icy veins.
Very true.
He does have his warts and as long as his drop offs arent at the level they were in game 5 then I am fine with that as well.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
As if I couldn't love Bouch more

Calls our Arvidsson for diving, then makes fun of Fiala's lame mustache.

Legend.

Didn't know Bouch was a chirper. Watching some of the mic'd up stuff on Oilers plus. He is actually very vocal out there.

8477942.png

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
One of the Norris favorites is invisible, getting owned, tossed around, has zero goals and only 9pts, half of what Bouchard has and Hughes has played more games, and is only even.
He's also hurt. I think you are really reaching on this comparison. It's not a knock on Bouchard either

Hughes can skate the puck through the other team to get out of danger, which puts him in a small elite group of players. He's closer to Makar than he is to Bouchard imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad