Elias Pettersson.. Playoff Ghost

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I'm so sick of Petterson. He was motivated to try for one game under scrutiny. Now back to being casper the friendly ghost.
He is playing so soft and skating so slow that it annoys the hell out of me. I dont get why he was waiting to see how the team performs and cares about championships before he signed his contract if he performs like a loser in important playoff games. Not sure if Canucks vrass are regretting signing him before playoffs. He probably would be signed for a lot cheaper or traded for a player that can actually perform in playoffs

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
it appears the Canucks have a Marner.
Swap them just to get them out of their respective cities.
Be good for Marner if not Pettersson
If Petersson performs like this under pressure, he would probably cry in Toronto

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Quinn stopped passing EP the puck 3 years ago. He knows its a waste.
HE knows if he passes to sleepy pete, he will sleep with the puck for a minute deciding what to do before losing the puck to a forechecker. Petersson needs to go back to sweden and train with Forsberg and Naslund before coming back next season.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Funny how alot of these high priced guys around the league pack it in for the playoffs... It's frustrating as hell seeing these big name stars not be able to figure out how to up their game when it's needed most

Reactions: Devonator

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
He looked really bad on the Holloway goal last night. If he even tries to play the body a little bit Holloway can't cut inside on Hughes and get to the net. Based off of the angle Hughes was taking I think he didn't expect Petey to be so buttery soft.

Reactions: Zenos

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I think his knee is bungled up. Just with his mobility; most noticeably his explosiveness and agility seem to be nowhere near the level we've seen from him in the past.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Not sure what is wrong with him. He needs to see a therapist. He has been fumbling the puck all the time. I guess he isnt a playoff performer. He has been crap since all star break.
He was always good in playoffs.

He is obviously not 100%

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Petersson averaged 2.5 shots a game during the regular season, and he’s down by almost a full shot to 1.6 in the playoffs.

That’s usually a sign of a guy who can’t physically shoot it the way he normally does.

I’m sure it’ll come out afterwards he’s been playing through a knife wound or something.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hard cap management lessons being learned by Toronto and Vancouver.

Like the Oilers, they should have waited to see how these guys performed in the playoffs before backing up the Brinks truck. Remember when everyone thought Drai was overpaid? He wasn’t, cause the Oilers gave him that contract after KNOWING Drai was a playoff beast.

This ain’t the case for pretenders like EP or Marner. Paid to the moon before pissing a drop in the playoffs.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Petersson averaged 2.5 shots a game during the regular season, and he’s down by almost a full shot to 1.6 in the playoffs.

That’s usually a sign of a guy who can’t physically shoot it the way he normally does.

I’m sure it’ll come out afterwards he’s been playing through a knife wound or something.
1.6 shots per game has to account for like 10-15% of all Canucks shot this playoffs right?

I merely jest

Reactions: Regal

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009

Like the Oilers, they should have waited to see how these guys performed in the playoffs before backing up the Brinks truck. Remember when everyone thought Drai was overpaid? He wasn’t, cause the Oilers gave him that contract after KNOWING Drai was a playoff beast.

This ain’t the case for pretenders like EP or Marner. Paid to the moon before pissing a drop in the playoffs.
24 points in 29 games. So awful. Canucks are screwed. I know all about sample sizes and I am confident enough to say that not playing well offensively for 12 games means this guys a total dud and will be so forever. So it was written on hfboards. So it shall come to pass.

Reactions: HarrySPlinkett

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
24 points in 29 games. So awful. Canucks are screwed. I know all about sample sizes and I am confident enough to say that not playing well offensively for 12 games means this guys a total dud and will be so forever. So it was written on hfboards. So it shall come to pass.
Damn thats almost as good as Nuges production. How much Nuge getting paid again?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

This line of thinking can go both ways. Had we held off signing Pettersson and he exploded, then we're looking at demands in the 12-13M range. There was no indication he'd completely flub the playoffs like he has considering his last team here he scored at nearly a PPG. And it wasn't like St. Louis or Vegas were pushovers.

A big contributing factor is up until the last two games, Pettersson has been glued to the black hole that is Ilya Mikheyev. 1 goal in 60 games makes it hard for someone to produce. A fact not helped when Hoglander disappeared for most of the playoffs too.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Doesn't look like he can explode with his skating probably hurt. But then again half the oilers players might be hurt as well. That's the playoffs. Our hurt guys vs your hurt guys.

Reactions: Macheteops

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
Let’s see what he’s been dealing with after tmr game. He’s been horrible since the all star break. 7 goals in last 4 months is bad

Gorskyontario

Feb 18, 2024
I've watched a few games this series and he's been pretty terrible.

Was he good in the 2020 playoffs? He has good numbers the only other time in the postseason. I didn't watch any canucks that year :).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad