Series Talk: ECF: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers *Game 1 Wednesday 5/22 @ 8pm ET*

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Wheeler is a great story for sure and its great he's around the team but not sure how he will keep up with the pace of the playoffs when he couldn't in the regular season. He would be fresh but he's also coming off a leg injury.
I just don't see why Chytil wouldn't be in the lineup game 1? The Wheeler/Brodz debate should be a moot one.

If Chytil is game ready he should play 3C and that's that. Drop Wennberg to the 4th line.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Wheeler is a great story for sure and its great he's around the team but not sure how he will keep up with the pace of the playoffs when he couldn't in the regular season. He would be fresh but he's also coming off a leg injury.
I just don't see why Chytil wouldn't be in the lineup game 1? The Wheeler/Brodz debate should be a moot one.
Chytil > Brodz & Wheeler
Wheeler > Brodz

I'll put this here, I wouldn't be surprised if Wheeler is on with Kreider and Zib by the end of the series. Roslovic might be too light for Florida's d, and while i don't like that idea I could see them going to it if that line needs more size just to keep the other lines consistent. Now fire away

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
The worst of the Carolina fans were just children trolling; but christ, the Florida fans are just brain dead. Reading comprehension out the window there. Each one just posts that they can't believe the audacity of Rangers fans (saying essentially nothing) and follow it up with the biggest chest pounding and a ridiculous statements.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The worst of the Carolina fans were just children trolling; but christ, the Florida fans are just brain dead. Reading comprehension out the window there. Each one just posts that they can't believe the audacity of Rangers fans (saying essentially nothing) and follow it up with the biggest chest pounding and a ridiculous statements.

Are you surprised?

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
You would think that they'd won 3 cups like the Lightning.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Not disagreeing with your overall sentiment. But I wouldn't say the Rangers are making average goalies look great these playoffs:
  • Lindgren – .864
  • Anderson – .878
  • Kochetkov – .880
Those are some crapola save percentages.

Just gonna piggy back on this.

They’ve scored 3 or more in every game so far except one. The closest they’ve come to getting goalied was game 2 of the Car series (which they still won.)

They’ve hit the post more often than their opponent has in this run (they’re +3 through 10 games here.)

I get that Schmid happened but this has not been a thing this year. If they average 3+ goals a game the rest of the way they’ve got a good chance at winning the whole thing. It’s going to be hard to do that against Florida which is a different story but if they can, they’re in good shape.

Bobrovsky has kind of just been meh so far and that worries me. I know he’s got a background of being unpredictable in the playoffs but he was the only reason they made it as far as they did last year so he’s more than capable.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I’d sub wheeler in for Vesey.

JV has been low key terrible

Agree with you on this one. He’s a budget 3rd liner on the 4th line. He doesn’t provide much and he’s a little soft on the other side of the puck for a 4th liner. IMO. I still like the guy I just thing he’s in between roles right now.

Reactions: CLW

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Main threads seem to turn into a joke every time, but this one devolved far quickly than any other and the reason is like point blank; Panthers mod laugh reacting every comment and rejecting any reports is peak comedy - especially in light of the buzzsaw that went through any Rangers fan in the Rempe thread earlier this year.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If Chytil is game ready he should play 3C and that's that. Drop Wennberg to the 4th line.
I think that would be most ideal but realistically would Lavi do that? Who did he play center for game 3 vs Carolina?

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
giphy.gif

Metranger

May 22, 2015
It's the humidity.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You know; with the obvious caveat that everyone has to be ready. I think I’d be playing Chytil and Rempe at home, & Wheeler and Vesey on the road this series; unless at least one of the four are standing out. I think you want Chytil and Rempe when you can use last change and keep them out of trouble. Wheeler and Vesey on the road when you aren’t as in control of the matchups. Use that newly re-found forward depth

Reactions: Captain Lindy

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The audacity of fans of the team with the most points in the league and played the least games in the playoffs to think they could beat the mighty Panthers. How could we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad