Does Rob Blake trade our 1st round pick for a Goalie?

Does Blake trade our 1st rounder for a netminder?

• No he’s really not as bad as you guys say.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Yes he trades for a top notch goalie

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Yes he trades for a marginal goaltender with warts but Luc talks about his upside!

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • No and he’s is as bad as we say!

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Yea I think he trades the first rounder and some combination of Spence, Kaliyev, Grundstrom and Lizotte for Saros.
The only way I dont see it happening is if Dubois looks good in the World Championships and they revisit moving him for Ullmark or in a deal where the Kings get a guy like Markstrom or Merzlikins.
I dont want them to move Spence but I think they will try to resign Roy or bring in another veteran. Pesce is a free agent also I believe.
They will run the team into the ground before admitting they arent good enough and retooling around a younger core.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
Yea I think he trades the first rounder and some combination of Spence, Kaliyev, Grundstrom and Lizotte for Saros.
The only way I dont see it happening is if Dubois looks good in the World Championships and they revisit moving him for Ullmark or in a deal where the Kings get a guy like Markstrom or Merzlikins.
I dont want them to move Spence but I think they will try to resign Roy or bring in another veteran. Pesce is a free agent also I believe.
They will run the team into the ground before admitting they arent good enough and retooling around a younger core.
I do like the idea of Ullmark or Markstrom, both thrive on facing a high number of shots against. So if the Kings are going to try to play a more run and gun style they would be who I would target.

Reactions: Schmooley
Jun 30, 2006
Kings should be focused on trading Roy.
Isn’t he a UFA?

I don’t know about first rounder, but I expect the Kings will trade some assets for a goalie. They have to sell the fans on something being different next year even though it’s more of the same.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I mean, at this point I am jaded and would say no; but of course, never say never in the sense that if they can trade for a legit star goaltender or acquire a solid prospect then it wouldn't be the worst deal in the world. I really wish they would have made it work when they were trying to trade up to take
Wallstedt. Especially in hindsight after seeing what they actually did with their asset management...

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
Isn’t he a UFA?

I don’t know about first rounder, but I expect the Kings will trade some assets for a goalie. They have to sell the fans on something being different next year even though it’s more of the same.
I supposed we could trade his rights for a 6th or 7th round pick, and the fact that the Kings only have 4 in this draft makes it worthwhile to some degree.

• Wow
Reactions: Surf Nutz

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
If Nashville is going to trade their star goalie, the acquisition price is going to hurt. Spence is redundant in Nashville and the other players you mentioned have very little value. I seem to recall that the buzz at the TDL was that the Preds would have wanted Byfield in return for Saros.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
If Nashville is going to trade their star goalie, the acquisition price is going to hurt. Spence is redundant in Nashville and the other players you mentioned have very little value. I seem to recall that the buzz at the TDL was that the Preds would have wanted Byfield in return for Saros.
They are thin on RHD. No one is offering a Byfield type player for Saros. Its delusional. A team like New Jersey can beat Spence Kaliyev and a first. But I dont think many teams that need goalies can.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
I do like the idea of Ullmark or Markstrom, both thrive on facing a high number of shots against. So if the Kings are going to try to play a more run and gun style they would be who I would target.
You can’t play run and gun against Edmonton. Your going to end up with the same shit with a different smell!

Reactions: go4hockey

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
They are thin on RHD. No one is offering a Byfield type player for Saros. Its delusional. A team like New Jersey can beat Spence Kaliyev and a first. But I dont think many teams that need goalies can.
Go propose your trade on the Preds board and see what they think. But be sure to wear a helmut and duck frequently.

• Haha

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
Aside from a possible PLD for Linus trade
I think they stall until Portillo is ready and we see another year of TalCopeTTich
Other PLD for goalie trade possibilities include Darcy Kemper, and maybe this is a more realistic target.

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
You can’t play run and gun against Edmonton. Your going to end up with the same shit with a different smell!
They arent beating Edmonton no matter who is net. They are just going to spend assets again this summer rearranging the deck chairs. Just hope its not Byfield and Clarke being traded and watch them be a blackhole team for another year.

• Haha

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Go propose your trade on the Preds board and see what they think. But be sure to wear a helmut and duck frequently.
Predator fans that think they are getting a young #1c player or prospect for a year of Saros dont need me to talk to them.
Actually maybe Columbus would give up Kent Johnson if Nashville takes Merzlikins back.
Otherwise I cant think of another team that would dangle a center that can fill that void.
Savoie in Buffalo?
There just isnt a team that is ready to spend on a goalie that has the asset.

Last edited:

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
They arent beating Edmonton no matter who is net. They are just going to spend assets again this summer rearranging the deck chairs. Just hope its not Byfield and Clarke being traded and watch them be a blackhole team for another year.
Exactly the sum of the parts aren’t equal!

i wasn't assuming they would build a playoff contender, just a run and gun regular season team.
It’s gonna be a long year watching them drag us into purgatory!

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Saros is too good to be a Blake acquisition though. It’ll be Merzlikins or Jarry, someone that has that passion and integrity that Luc loves.

I agree Spence is a goner. It’s too easy to see them going up against the cap again with a high priced veteran D and carving out the cap space by playing hardball with Byfield and icing a 19 or 20 man roster, trying to sneak either Turcotte or Thomas through waivers in the process.

Reactions: Schmooley

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Other PLD for goalie trade possibilities include Darcy Kemper, and maybe this is a more realistic target.
True but I made this fancy AI image, so I am on team Linus

1715198056920.png

Kuemper would make a lot of sense thought. They are familiar with him and he is 3 more years at 5.25 which is the perfect amount of time for Portillo to incubate

Last edited:
Reactions: David Lunch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad