GDT: #CauseWinning: Canes @ Rongos Game 2 ("7pm" on ESPN)

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu

So last game was....​

Animated GIF

Thankfully, we have a message coming in from the Chaos Realm:​

FINAL GIF WE INTERRUPT GAME 2.gif

The Canes have #CausedClenching and #CausedCursing. Now it's time for them to lace up their Big Boy Skates and #CAUSEWINNING.

Animated GIF

It Starts Tonight. #LetsGoCanes

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
It might blow up in our faces but I think Rod needs to start Pyotr tonight. And get Tony on one of the PP's please! (I know he won't, but he should)

I think as fans it's easy for us to justify knee jerk changes after an upsetting loss, but that's not how Rod operates. If we lose again tonight then I bet we see some changes, but not before. I think overall he was pleased with how Carolina played. At least 5v5. We all know special teams sucked.

I would have assumed Tony would play on the power play. That is one of the few benefits he brings. That being said, NY was playing a very aggressive PK. The kind that's gonna force a turnover, and SH goal. So, Rod may not be comfortable with him being the last line of defense.

Last edited:

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
I think as fans it's easy for us to justify knee jerk changes after an upsetting loss, but that's not how Rod operates. If we lose again tonight then I bet we see some changes, but not before. I think overall he was pleased with how Carolina played. At least 5v5. We all know special teams sucked.

I would have assumed Tony would have been on one of the PPs. That is one of the few benefits he brings. That being said, NY was playing a very aggressive PK. The kind that's gonna force a turnover, and SH goal. So, Rod may not be comfortable with him being the last line of defense.

I don't think we'll see any goalie changes tonight. If we're down 2-0 then I could see going to Pyotr but not before.

I just hope Andersen does not let in another back breaker this series.

Also, I wonder why Brindamour does not put Orlov on the PP like PP unit 2 and not Skjei? I don't know if Skjei is there because he's basically defensively responsible in case of a short handed break but Orlov has a cannon of a shot.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
PK needs to improve big time. Canes currently have the 2nd worst PK among playoff teams and are basically surrounded by eliminated teams in the list.

Also hoping for Rod to move Svech to Staal's line and to PP2 to see if they can get their offense back.

Oh, and someone please board Truba into the crowd.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I don't think we'll see any goalie changes tonight. If we're down 2-0 then I could see going to Pyotr but not before.

I just hope Andersen does not let in another back breaker this series.

Also, I wonder why Brindamour does not put Orlov on the PP like PP unit 2 and not Skjei? I don't know if Skjei is there because he's basically defensively responsible in case of a short handed break but Orlov has a cannon of a shot.
Orlov with/without on the PP. I hope this answers your question, but I do agree that Brady isn't the best on the PP either. He's not near as bad as Orlov though. TDA is the clear solution over both IMO.

orlovdm91

orlovdm91

last game I popped a storm brew before the 3rd.

It nearly worked.

I'm considering one tonight as the game starts as we need this win.
Please don't go to these lengths. It's only a hockey game and be mindful of your body.

• Haha
Reactions: 3CanesInTheBox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad