OT: Cartoons/Animation/etc Thread

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Literally when it aired. It's good. Ending is unique I'll say.

Also don't fall for the Solo Leveling hype. The plot tails off fast at least for the webtoon.

Striiker and I already finished "Solo Leveling" and weren't blown away.

The art in "Katanagatari" is simple, but so awesome. That studio, White Fox, also did "Akame Ga Kill" and "Re:Zero," which I love, plus a new one called "Sengoku Youko" that I am going to watch soon.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Also don't fall for the Solo Leveling hype. The plot tails off fast at least for the webtoon.
Striiker and I already finished "Solo Leveling" and weren't blown away.
Yeah, it was alright but it felt extremely "thin". No plot depth, no character depth... just really mediocre overall. A couple good scenes and bits of animation but not nearly enough to compensate for everything else that's lacking.

I'm currently watching the weekly releases of Demon Slayer, Konosuba, Wind Breaker, Mushoko Tensei, and Kaiju No. 8. All of which would get a recommendation from me.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Yeah, it was alright but it felt extremely "thin". No plot depth, no character depth... just really mediocre overall. A couple good scenes and bits of animation but not nearly enough to compensate for everything else that's lacking.

I'm currently watching the weekly releases of Demon Slayer, Konosuba, Wind Breaker, Mushoko Tensei, and Kaiju No. 8. All of which would get a recommendation from me.
The webtoon had great art. So I was into it when it was getting a translation. But then the plot just falls off and then it just ends and I'm like wtf.

I wanna recommend Tower of God but the anime ends at a unique part. But IDK if you or Cap would get into the webtoon cause it's so far ahead.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The webtoon had great art. So I was into it when it was getting a translation. But then the plot just falls off and then it just ends and I'm like wtf.

I wanna recommend Tower of God but the anime ends at a unique part. But IDK if you or Cap would get into the webtoon cause it's so far ahead.
I have that on my stupid-long watchlist. I'll get to it eventually.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Have you seen his Monogatari series? The author is a huge fan of pulling off stuff like that. Also did Medaka Box. I was reading it weekly when it first published. Then was reminded it won't have a satisfying ending cause author.

I have them bookmarked. I just started Akiba Maid War.

Please remind me when all of those finish the season - I have them all bookmarked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad