Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | A True Playoff Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Y'all are thinking about it backwards from the jump, forget the 3c nonsense label.
Does joshua garland lindholm play or produce like a third line?

Sign Lindholm and you have arguably three 1C.
All near enough selke level, all pk1 & pp1 level.

It's top 3(2?) Down the middle in the league, and tocchet clearly loves it.

(also Baby Pettersson f***s.)

• Love
Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Possibly, but it will be a bit of a push under Tocchet's watch. He clearly views Lindholm as a centre and likes the depth down the middle of Miller/Pettersson/Lindholm. The trick will be addressing Pettersson's wing in that scenario while also finding cap space to extend Lindholm. Not to mention all the other free agents.

Which is the problem. Tocchet just seems obsessed with the three center idea despite it not being a good long term solution. We were pretty mediocre after the allstar break. Not bad by any means just decidedly average outside of a few spots. Us finishing top of the division was in large part to how insane we started. Everyone was popping off with shooting percentages they likely won't keep.

Even squeezing very team friendly deals for the likes of Tanev (3.25M), Joshua (3M), Toffoli (4.25M), I just couldn't fit everyone in. We're either losing Lindholm, Zadorov or Joshua on the UFA side. Or we're trading Hronek. Moving Garland makes zero sense now.

In my opinion, Joshua and Zadorov should be the main priority. I'm hoping we can get them to take longer dollar amounts in exchange for term. Give Joshua 4-5 years and maybe 3M is doable. Same with Zadorov at the 4.5/5M range.

From there, we need to look at the possibility of Guentzel, or the lesser option in Toffoli or Bertuzzi. If we can nap any one of them, that takes a higher precedence than Lindholm imo.

Reactions: BimJenning

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Guetzel 8 - Miller 8 - Boeser 6.6

Hoglander 1.1 - Pettersson 12- Lindholm 8

Joshua 2.8 - Suter 1.9 - Garland 4.9

Podkolzin .925 - Aman .825 - Bains- .925

Hughes 7.8 - Hronek 7.5

Soucy 3.2 - Tanev 4.5

xxx- Juulsen .700

Demko - 5

xxx

OEL 2.3

Total 87Mill Ish

This is just a rough draft and not what I expect but just proving that we can remain flexible this offseason and I think we are gonna see some bigger moves than everyone thinks.
I would rather keep Zadorov over Hronek and move Tanev up to Hughes side.

Joshua will get 3.5mil.

I could see Guentzel signing a cap friendly deal with Carolina (AAV of 9 mil?). Would think it would take way more to bring him up here.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Which is the problem. Tocchet just seems obsessed with the three center idea despite it not being a good long term solution. We were pretty mediocre after the allstar break. Not bad by any means just decidedly average outside of a few spots. Us finishing top of the division was in large part to how insane we started. Everyone was popping off with shooting percentages they likely won't keep.

Even squeezing very team friendly deals for the likes of Tanev (3.25M), Joshua (3M), Toffoli (4.25M), I just couldn't fit everyone in. We're either losing Lindholm, Zadorov or Joshua on the UFA side. Or we're trading Hronek. Moving Garland makes zero sense now.

In my opinion, Joshua and Zadorov should be the main priority. I'm hoping we can get them to take longer dollar amounts in exchange for term. Give Joshua 4-5 years and maybe 3M is doable. Same with Zadorov at the 4.5/5M range.

From there, we need to look at the possibility of Guentzel, or the lesser option in Toffoli or Bertuzzi. If we can nap any one of them, that takes a higher precedence than Lindholm imo.

I don't think you can realistically keep Hronek and Lindholm. That will just leave too many holes elsewhere. If they're serious about Lindholm, they probably have to find another partner for Hughes.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
If Lindholm is somehow kept, I see no reason for him not to centre the second line with EP, and Blueger to centre the third with Garland and Joshua. I seem to recall that line working pretty well.

Likely would mean both Mikh and Hronek have to be dealt.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I don't think you can realistically keep Hronek and Lindholm. That will just leave too many holes elsewhere. If they're serious about Lindholm, they probably have to find another partner for Hughes.

Agreed. Which I'm not against either. If we can bring Tanev back, he might be the perfect stopgap for Willander. Not to mention, we'll get back decent assets for Hronek.

That all said, I think this only happens if Hronek insists on 8M.

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Marner to anywhere but us lol

August 1st, 2024:

"Why would we add more to Marner, he's the better player!? Petterson and Hoglander, bro, minimum."

"EP had half a bad year and..."

"You Canucks are out of your minds. Marner is supreme and warrants 10 draft picks and all of your swedish prospects, plus your first born and the top shelf peanut butter in your dumb west coast cupboards."

Me - "This is EA Sports thread, man."

• Haha
Reactions: theguardianII

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Guetzel 8 - Miller 8 - Boeser 6.6
Hoglander 1.1 - Pettersson 12- Lindholm 8
Joshua 2.8 - Suter 1.9 - Garland 4.9
Podkolzin .925 - Aman .825 - Bains- .925

Hughes 7.8 - Hronek 7.5
Soucy 3.2 - Tanev 4.5
xxx- Juulsen .700

Demko - 5
Suter - JT - Boeser = 16.35M
Hog-EP-Marchessault = 18.25M
Joshua-Chand-Garland 12.9M

Hughes - **** = 7.8M
Soucy -Zad = 8.2M
Dillon - Myers - 6M

Demko = 5M

74.5 M

March = 5-5.5M x 5
Chand = 5-5.5M x 5
Dak = 3M x 4
Zad = 5M x 5
Dillon and Myers = 3m each

Still need a top RHD

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016

I like having 3 strong centres in theory. You really need good winger depth and probably contributors on ELCs like Dallas to really make it work though or you end up watering down at least 1 line. That’s what we’ve seen here the last few years with Pettersson playing with wingers like Mikheyev and Beuvillier. Also if it takes 7x7 to keep Lindholm than he can get it somewhere else.

Reactions: Bourne Endeavor

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Mikheyev is good as gone. They probably run Juulsen full time next year, too. I still can’t see a world where Lindholm makes too much sense given our weakness in scoring wingers. The issue is the value he brings down the middle and the likely reluctance Tocchet already has and will have in moving him onto the second or first line.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I’m probably in fantasy land here, but players I’d base a Hronek trade around:

-Benson

-Clarke or Kempe

-Crouse

-Andersson (would need to be a 3-way deal for it to make sense for Calgary) - same with Sanheim

-Jarvis/Necas

An interesting name is Theodore, who’s $5.2 mill contract ends next year. Vegas might struggle with their cap given the Hertl and Hanifin contracts, and might not be able to afford Theodore on his new deal.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I mean, they’re going to have to pay to dump Mikheyev this summer. We are asset poor.

Lindholm is a guy the coach likes.

Getting something for Hronek means you can get out of Mikheyev.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Joshua is probably around $3.5M AAV I'd think, while Lindholm won't make $8M AAV at this point, probably about $1-1.5M less.

In this scenario, I suspect you'd see the Suter-Miller-Boeser line stay together and the Lindholm line. Guentzel would line-up with Pettersson and Hoglander. That may also be a too low AAV for Guentzel, but he doesn't have to be the winger in that equation.
Ya didn't have the numbers exact nor put much thought into the lines. Just a rough draft to show we can make some moves.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
An interesting name is Theodore, who’s $5.2 mill contract ends next year. Vegas might struggle with their cap given the Hertl and Hanifin contracts, and might not be able to afford Theodore on his new deal.

how does trading theodore for hronek save vegas money?

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
I'm bored so let's try this again. Fantasy while trying to be realistic. Trade Hronek for a 1st, 2nd ect. Use a pick to dump Mikheyev. Sign Guentzel and Tanev as UFAs.

Suter 1.9 - Miller 8 - Boeser 6.6

Guentzel 8 - Pettersson 11.6 - Hoglander 1.1

Joshua 3 - Lindholm 7 - Garland 4.9

Podkolzin .925 - Raty .825 - Lekkerimaki .950

Hughes 7.8 - Tanev 4.5

Soucy 3.2 - Myers 4

Zadorov 5 - Juulsen .700

Demko - 5
Silovs - 1

OEL 2.3
Total 87.8ish

Again need to massage the cap a bit and don't have any extra players on roster but certainly possible.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Utah casually announces building of a practice facility with two rinks. Meanwhile Canucks are now behind what once was a joke of a franchise.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
He doesn’t, I should have worded it differently. I’m saying maybe the Canucks have a shot at him as a UFA.

oh maybe. the canucks have a challenge in the 2025 offseason though because the only significant money they lose is boeser and the oel cap hit goes up another 2.5m. if they cap out this summer (and i see no reason they wouldn't) they won't have more than ~8m in 2025 and hoglander will be up for a new deal

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I like having 3 strong centres in theory. You really need good winger depth and probably contributors on ELCs like Dallas to really make it work though or you end up watering down at least 1 line. That’s what we’ve seen here the last few years with Pettersson playing with wingers like Mikheyev and Beuvillier. Also if it takes 7x7 to keep Lindholm than he can get it somewhere else.

That's my take as well. If Lekkerimaki was on the cusp of being NHL ready and showed the potential to be an impact player already, we could potentially take the gamble of three strong centers. Right now, we'd just be forcing another season on Pettersson to have lackluster support.

Reactions: Bojack Horvatman

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Suter - JT - Boeser = 16.35M
Hog-EP-Marchessault = 18.25M
Joshua-Chand-Garland 12.9M

Hughes - **** = 7.8M
Soucy -Zad = 8.2M
Dillon - Myers - 6M

Demko = 5M

74.5 M

March = 5-5.5M x 5
Chand = 5-5.5M x 5
Dak = 3M x 4
Zad = 5M x 5
Dillon and Myers = 3m each

Still need a top RHD
you're 7 depth players (and a top pair D) short of a 23 man roster and missing the OEL dead cap hit of 2.35MM. even if you only factor in $900k per depth player you're at $83.15MM before filling that #1RD hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad