Confirmed with Link: Brindy, Gleason, Daniels, Huffine and Schonefelder sign multi year extensions

JustPenalties

Jan 17, 2024
I have a lot of respect towards Rod and he's staff BUT... How many seasons have Canes had the same problems? Especially in the playoffs.. Honestly I am a surprised and confused about this decision, multi-year extension.. really? Yeah Canes will make it to playoffs and yeah this style of play hasnt really worked in the playoffs.

I would like to see this team playing more entertaining hockey... not this Rod's min-max-bullshit..

baconandbread

Oct 30, 2019
hqdefault.jpg

JustPenalties

Jan 17, 2024
LOL. a lot of whining for re-signing a coaching staff that's had the most sustained success in franchise history.
With this roster you should be making exatly that and a lot of coaches would do just that.Year after year this team has had the same problems and under this staff things probably aren't changing. I sure hope that I am wrong.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
With this roster you should be making exatly that and a lot of coaches would do just that.Year after year this team has had the same problems and under this staff things probably aren't changing. I sure hope that I am wrong.
No team in 25+ years have won at last 1 round 6 straight seasons like this team has. This team is deep but lacks elite talent and elite goaltending. Expecting another coach to get more out of this team is a bit optimistic.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
No team in 25+ years have won at last 1 round 6 straight seasons like this team has. This team is deep but lacks elite talent and elite goaltending. Expecting another coach to get more out of this team is a bit optimistic.

That’s what it all comes down to. Yes, we’re all unhappy about another short playoff run. Yes, there are obvious issues that need to be addressed and might not be if we run back with the same coaches.

But at the end of the day, what available coaches are out there that you honestly think could be more successful than Brindamour? Especially after literally every player mentioned how great of a coach he is in their exit interviews. Even guys that have every reason to dislike him (TonyD) talked about how Rod was a bright spot in his rough year.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
That’s what it all comes down to. Yes, we’re all unhappy about another short playoff run. Yes, there are obvious issues that need to be addressed and might not be if we run back with the same coaches.

But at the end of the day, what available coaches are out there that you honestly think could be more successful than Brindamour? Especially after literally every player mentioned how great of a coach he is in their exit interviews. Even guys that have every reason to dislike him (TonyD) talked about how Rod was a bright spot in his rough year.
I don't think it's so much Rod as the "support staff" that we're questioning not changing. Someone for the Xs & Os or who can slap Brindy when he continues starting Freddie or putting Burns at the point on the PP

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I don't think it's so much Rod as the "support staff" that we're questioning not changing. Someone for the Xs & Os or who can slap Brindy when he continues starting Freddie or putting Burns at the point on the PP

Well, we have a goalie coach that Brindamour apparently relies on to determine who starts a game. I don’t think a different goalie coach would change that. It would change what our goalies would focus on, and that might be worth considering down the line. But as it stands right now, we don’t keep a goalie long enough to worry about adjusting the play style or technique they arrive with. Maybe PK can be that guy, and maybe we find a goalie coach that will be better suited for PK’s eccentric approach. But that’s counting your chickens before they hatch.

As far as an Xs and Os guy, I’ve got to imagine we have one of those already. For an organization that puts a lot of focus on analytics, I can’t imagine their coaching staff is entirely “heart” guys. And Rod was a player for over 20 years. He knows what a coaching staff is supposed to look like. So I don’t think there’s an obvious hole that’s somehow being overlooked.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
LOL. a lot of whining for re-signing a coaching staff that's had the most sustained success in franchise history.
This.

Saunamen buried Long Pile End Knob Wompers, then played 6 close games against Rongos. Figuring out why the PP was so unpowerful doesn't necessitate firing the entire coaching staff. Deciding whether to stick with Freddie or to bring back David Ayres doesn't constitute cleaning house.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hey guys!

Sorry that your season has ended.

I heard you guys also use 1on1 defensive system? If that's true, how well do you think it works for you or in general?

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Hey guys!

Sorry that your season has ended.

I heard you guys also use 1on1 defensive system? If that's true, how well do you think it works for you or in general?
It’s fine, only knock may be that new players have an adjustment period, especially d-men. Could make the argument that in the playoffs it’s not as effective because all the teams are at their best and playing balls to the wall but in reality their special teams and goalies have been more at fault.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

~29:35

Friedman hears that the AC coach deals are 2 years and a +1, presumably a club option. Not bad security in the context of the league as a whole.

Talk is the Rod is doing “extremely well” for a coach that hasn’t won it all yet.

Keep the Dundon truthers in your thoughts today.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

That's not how coaching hierarchy works. Assistants provide advice but it's the HC that has the final say.

Reactions: Svechhammer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad