OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
What a joke this league is. Fox punching Guentzel while literally being held by the ref and that's somehow not a penalty. Don't get me wrong, the Canes have mostly themselves to blame for their special team woes that cost them both games but these dumb "extracurriculars" happening in a league with an annual revenue in the billions of dollars is downright embarrassing.

And of course, the one time I want the refs to swallow their whistles, they keep giving penalties like they are going out of style. Maybe today the Oilers will have 10 PPs or something.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
I'm trying to think of a team in recent memory that has tried to act tough while simultaneously whining and diving as much as this current Rangers team. It's not like they just have one star who dives. It's throughout the roster.

Reactions: Ignatius

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The NHL only suspends for the result. And in Trouba's case, most of the time not even that. :laugh:
Trouba's the one player in the league that turns me into a Tom Wilson fan for that one night when they play.

Ironically enough, the league actually suspends Wilson (most of the time) for his head hunting. Trouba does similar stuff but gets away with it.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Trouba's the one player in the league that turns me into a Tom Wilson fan for that one night when they play.

Ironically enough, the league actually suspends Wilson (most of the time) for his head hunting. Trouba does similar stuff but gets away with it.
He’s going to connect on some of these big hits he attempts and it’s going to be ugly. The league will only have themselves to blame.

Also side note, it’s hilarious how Rangers fans will bring up Matt Cooke as ‘gotcha!’ to Pens fans when we say Trouba is dirty. Uh yeah, we told Cooke to knock it off or he’s done whereas they made Trouba the captain. Apples to oranges.

Reactions: Ignatius

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Man… Tkachuk doing Tkachuck things. Pretty dirty to punch a dude in the back of the head while laying face first on the ice

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Man… Tkachuk doing Tkachuck things. Pretty dirty to punch a dude in the back of the head while laying face first on the ice
Don’t disagree but Pasta put himself in that position and ducked and fell very easily.

He was an idiot to take that fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad