Around Hockey XXV (All Non-Jackets Hockey Talk Here)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I probably still wouldn't. That's not the sort of attitude I'd want around here.
Fair. I just, for whatever reason, still have a like for the player, even if the person inside is a complete ass.

Kinda fits what we need too.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Fair. I just, for whatever reason, still have a like for the player, even if the person inside is a complete ass.

Kinda fits what we need too.
I'm more concerned about the people inside for the sake of the kids... which is why my silly daydream that shouldn't be considered involves bringing back Atkinson. ;)

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I feel this needs posted again

Attachments

• 8ggtci.jpg
    8ggtci.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 2

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

To paraphrase, basically says he’s not sure what PLD is as a player. Is he a 2-way guy, is he a power forward, is he a skill guy that will put up a lot of points? Nobody really knows and he hasn’t shown a great ability to be any of those things outside of short stretches. Later he added on the question of how long of questioning coaching/system before we question the player? It didn’t work in Cape-Breton and we blame the coach, Columbus we say it’s Torts, Winnipeg it’s the system, LA what do we blame now? Is he a guy that teammates like? To commit that much money to a player it seems like that is something to vet out. Not sure of how he was seen in the CBJ locker room, but many in WPG see him leaving as “addition by subtraction.” Contrary to what some may believe, due to what the NHL considers its year, a PLD buyout would be at 2/3 the cap, not 1/3 like it is for normal u26 players.
- Marek

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
To paraphrase, basically says he’s not sure what PLD is as a player. Is he a 2-way guy, is he a power forward, is he a skill guy that will put up a lot of points? Nobody really knows and he hasn’t shown a great ability to be any of those things outside of short stretches. Later he added on the question of how long of questioning coaching/system before we question the player? It didn’t work in Cape-Breton and we blame the coach, Columbus we say it’s Torts, Winnipeg it’s the system, LA what do we blame now? Is he a guy that teammates like? To commit that much money to a player it seems like that is something to vet out. Not sure of how he was seen in the CBJ locker room, but many in WPG see him leaving as “addition by subtraction.” Contrary to what some may believe, due to what the NHL considers its year, a PLD buyout would be at 2/3 the cap, not 1/3 like it is for normal u26 players.
- Marek

PLD was actually good in Columbus for almost his whole time here. Usually not great but he was fine. He was either a top six power forward or a low end #1C, it wasn't that much of a mystery for us.

His first year in Winnipeg was horrible. He blamed conditioning. Then he was pretty good for the rest of his tenure in Winnipeg. He may have also been a problem in the room, I don't know, but the on-ice play was relatively good in the last two years.

Then another horrible year in L.A.

His type as a player is not that hard to figure out. It really is just his disappearing act. And is he bad in the locker room? Not someone who trains properly? Those are the questions.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
- Marek
CapFriendly disagrees...but it has to be done quickly as he turns 26 on June 24.:dunno:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Just reporting what Friedman and Marek are sayin!

Buyout window is 24-48 hours after cup final.
Buyout starts the later of 48 hours after SC is awarded or June 15. For the Kings to beat the deadline the remaining series have to be over quickly.

Buyouts | Puckpedia

No mention of season stuff. Someone posted that Friedman said he wasn't sure about that.

If the Kings can do the 1/3 bit they should. If they don't they are dumber than what they appear to be.

Last edited:

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
PLD getting bought out would be absolutely incredible lol

also the leafs forcing game 7 with max domi as their temporary 1C is hilarious and undermines the notion that you "can't win with" bad defensive forwards. i wasn't a fan of domi when he was here but it's really frustrating in hindsight that torts and larsen more or less refused to ever play him at center.

Reactions: VT and CBJWerenski8

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
I know for Columbus one player is gone and has been off the ice for various reasons since he has been here, but how both Columbus and Winnipeg got multiple decent players for PLD is amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad