Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (Ducks pick #3, They didn’t drop! OMG It’s a Miracle!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I'd say Z doesn't count. Rumor had it BM wanted Broberg but when the Oil spoiled that for him one pick ahead of us, he had to take a falling Z. Also, there's the fact that we did a pretty good job of finding Hampus at 6, Minty at 10, as well as Luneau and Z2 both in the 2nd round. which were all great picks. I just think our expertise skews to D more than F.
Pretty sure this was never a rumour and either way it isn’t true, people just kept linking Broberg because he’s Swedish. Murray said the night before the draft they really wanted a center and even that they were hoping at least two defensemen went in the top eight.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
In the excitement of it at wanted Celebrini obviously but in a way more relieved than anything not to fall. They say it might be a draft where you get your 2nd best guy at 5 but I’d rather have the certainty and this might be a better road to address a need. I have a feeling they’ll have their pick of defensemen if that’s the route they want to go, Demidov to Chicago makes a ton of sense IMO with them not being allowed to win a lottery for a while.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
442409786_461873506202556_4168056124104284878_n.jpg

Edit: I dunno what's going on with this post. Keeps going away and reappearing.

Last edited:

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Levshunav seems like such a perfect fit to me. Decent height but plays very heavy for his size. Excellent skating, defense and physicality. Highly productive and proven at the college level with numerous awards.

I’ll take that all day. His floor seems really high and when you factor in his fit with our existing d his floor looks even higher to me. Also looks like a d that will excel in the playoffs.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Pretty sure this was never a rumour and either way it isn’t true, people just kept linking Broberg because he’s Swedish. Murray said the night before the draft they really wanted a center and even that they were hoping at least two defensemen went in the top eight.

Yup. Murray wanted a center in that draft with the 9th overall. The Oil probably were thinking the Ducks were in on yet another Swedish D in Broberg. Hell, I thought we were in on Broberg due to our tendancies.

If Zegras didn't fall, then there's a possibility we were drafting C Peyton Krebs. We were so hard up for Krebs, that we were willing to trade #29 and #39 if Krebs fell to #18. We had a deal in place with Dallas who owned the #18th overall pick, but Vegas snagged him at #17.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Levshunav seems like such a perfect fit to me. Decent height but plays very heavy for his size. Excellent skating, defense and physicality. Highly productive and proven at the college level with numerous awards.

I’ll take that all day. His floor seems really high and when you factor in his fit with our existing d his floor looks even higher to me. Also looks like a d that will excel in the playoffs.
All of lacombe, zell, mintyukov shoot left. So adding a right shot to theD core seems like the best case scenario.
Keep the pick but look to add a couple of quality veterans to help the youngsters. Either via trade or free agency.

Oct 18, 2011
I kinda waited to watch prospect videos until I knew where we’d end up, but since the lottery earlier I’ve watched a handful. I’m liking Lindstrom at forward if they don’t think his back will be an issue. Imagine having Carlsson, Mac, Cutter, Lindstrom as 4 of your top 6. Those are big bodies, and if Verbeek really wants to play that style like it seems, he’d be a solid pick. I also like what Demidov brings, wouldn’t be upset at that pick.

I’m shit at evaluating defensive prospects though, but I liked Buium in the NCAA tournament. I’ll have to watch videos of Lev, Dickinson and Silayev to form an opinion if we go D.
If Lindstrom back checks out it would be real hard to pass on him for me atleast. You would really have an identity taking place at forward especially

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Not really sure what there is to be mad about.We needed to make peace with the fact that Chicago and San Jose were going to get elite pieces months ago.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
i don't think chicago will go with demidov when they already have another midget in bedard

think they go either lindstrom, silayev, or levshunov
When Chicago turns thing around in 4 to 5 years, Bedard to Demidov is just way too soft for the playoffs. Imagine a future Ducks team with Cutter and Lev/Silayev finishing their checks against Bedard and Demidov.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Let's talk scenarios after Celebrini:

I find it unlikely Demidov gets taken by Chicago. But likewise I think it's impossible that the Ducks take him. If you want a more in depth look at Demidov, seek the Demidov thread for his full playoff games, those were good competition, SKA #11. Not the same as dangling around 4 players 5 times a game, he was really tightly checked and he adapted to a more physical, forechecking and opportunistic player, less effective but still. Edit. here's the YT profile, under live you can find the games. https://youtube.com/@mhl_rus

I would not be suprised to see Chicago opt for defense and Ducks go Lindstrom or vice versa. Depending on his injury this could pay off for those teams. Like @MMC I'm not sold on Lindstrom but his undeniable value lies in him being a one of a kind, angry, big talented scorer, a Jeff Carter/Ryan Getzlaf level impact player, although from the wing probably if he pans out. For this draft his uncertainty is not unlike anyone else's so I wouldn't absolutely hate it.

Then there's the possibility Chicago wants Lindstrom and we get our pick of the defense because there's probably not a forward as valuable we would be picking, as I don't see us taking Demidov. That could be much more interesting of a debate as there is certainly a lot of movement in the D ranks this draft.

Levshunov has been like universally as best or second best defenseman until recently. Silayev most liked by some and around pick 7 for others, like myself. Then there's Buium and Dickinson, but I don't see anyone else challenge the #3 spot.

Levshunov, who is he in the NHL? High offensive talents, little "structured hockey experience", has improved consistently all around the ice. Has very good size already. Sort of a Fantilli of the 2024 draft, but from the backend. The kicker is he is the lone righty among defensemen.

Silayev, a very rare combination, Chara potential? Does he ever become anything more than 3rd pairing physical specimen? Would the Ducks draft him either?

Buium vs Dickinson, a couple of very good defenseman prospects no doubt, from the opposite ends of the offense-defense scale. Dickinson is ehat the Ducks lack and Buium is what the Ducks already have. Unlikely either brings exactly the absolute top potential that a 3rd overall is seeking.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I said it before, for me he can be as good as Celebrini. I do also think, that he may be the best player out of the draft down the road and I really hope, CHI goes D with their pick and we can land him.

When Chicago turns thing around in 4 to 5 years, Bedard to Demidov is just way too soft for the playoffs. Imagine a future Ducks team with Cutter and Lev/Silayev finishing their checks against Bedard and Demidov.
Demidov is not soft.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
If Demidov is still there at #3 AND he is willing to come over then he should be our pick.
It's not a case of him being unwilling. Ducks have a long history of avoiding russians. Don't @ me on Mintyukov, he's as russian as Nesterenko to an NHL franchise. Yes, it's a joke.

Demidov is a very prolific hitter. And he hits hard. Size could limit his effectiveness in physical play in the NHL, be it defended from behind the net or along the boards. He will be best served in transition or making plays in motion in the offensive zone, as he is good at picking pucks off the boards, in motion and attacking high danger areas.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He is not worth a top 3 selection at all IMO, even without the back concerns. With those I'm not interested whatsoever
To me guys like silayev and lindstrom are propped up by the fact that they are big.

Been on the levshunov wagon for a while…. On the off chance Chicago takes levshunov I think my preferences are Demidov/buium or possibly saliyev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad