Mar 11, 2014
Demidov Lesihinov
jirek. Hage. Igor C, Bosivert
Elick Emory badinka
Those would be my #2, 20,34. In that order

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
I'd really like to move up from 20 to 12-14. I think this draft is going to be wild as hell and someone that is solidly in our top 10 could drop.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'd really like to move up from 20 to 12-14. I think this draft is going to be wild as hell and someone that is solidly in our top 10 could drop.
Should he not be drafted in the top 10, I think Sennecke is the guy you look at trading up for.

Otherwise, Artamonov should be the pick at 20.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I think I want Levshunov at #2. It a coin toss and nothing else.
There is never a need when drafting in the NHL. You take the BPA or who you value the most.

At 20 I just hope that there will be Greentree or Brandsegg

Reactions: BHFAN92 and Pertti

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I think I want Levshunov at #2. It a coin toss and nothing else.
There is never a need when drafting in the NHL. You take the BPA or who you value the most.

At 20 I just hope that there will be Greentree or Brandsegg
brands would be great. greentree gives us some size (which we need) but he is not fleet of foot. does not feel like a KD pick at 20 IMO. thou that is about were he seems to be penciled in .

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
You can miss... it just sets you back. They'll offer Bedard an 8-year extension on July 1, 2025 that would kick in at the start of the 2026-27 season if he accepts. That gives you a long window of time to get it right. You're more likely to screw it up by trying to come out of it too soon before you've found enough necessary pieces via the Draft and doing things to punt away more draft capital and tie up too much cap.

Missing is obviously not ideal (duh?) but it's not necessarily a death blow. A lot of successful rebuilds had some high profile misses towards the top of the draft. Recognize when you miss without doubling down on a mistake, be patient and you'll come out of it. You can't control the strength of draft classes, but you can control how you react to the hand you get dealt.

A lot is made of current teams in lengthy or "forever" rebuilds, with pointing out how there hasn't been a lot of standings upheaval the past few years. While people will talk about "losing cultures", I think that's more of a strength of draft class issue than anything else. The teams that ARE doing well consistently over seasons did go through the tank/collect high draft picks/rebuild cycle themselves, but they got really high end players that hit the ground running right away and have managed to stay there. After those draft classes, I think there were some more underwhelming ones. Maybe COVID impacted it, maybe it's just a cyclical variance that happens across time (some weaker years occurred in the mid to late 90s drafts for instance where you saw something similar) and with stronger draft classes preceding it, that makes it harder for a big slew of younger players to step in and supplant them.

But we know the NHL will turn over eventually. It always happens, regardless of length of time. We know the best way to acquire high-end talent in the NHL is to draft them and to lock them up. And we know the best odds of drafting high-end talent is to pick towards the top of the draft, and to have excess picks in order to get more bites at the apple.

Where you'd start to panic is if Bedard refused to sign an 8-year deal and made it a clear intent that he only wanted to sign a 3 or 4 year deal. That would give him a lot of runway to force his way into UFA and potentially out as soon as possible.

Last edited:

plebskeeto

Dec 13, 2023
Man, watching some Demidov clips and this guy is sooooo buttery smooth at everything, Edges, stick handling, deking. Makes a ton of plays that make you wonder how he even thought of doing that.

Doesn't have amazing straight ahead speed from what it seems but maybe this can be worked on.

Really like the thought of him and Bedard making some jaw dropping plays together for a decade.

Reactions: Geoist

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
A kid from Belarus won the award for freshman of the year while playing for Michigan State.
Listen I get you don't know how to read a map but Belarus and Russia are 2 separate countries

Hopefully DJT gets elected and this insane war is ended. Demidov
Yeah lets hope he doesnt..but lets keep Politics out of our Hockey talk

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Listen I get you don't know how to read a map but Belarus and Russia are 2 separate countries

And while you are in a rush to get huffy at others, you should note that we have a major beef with Belarus over Ukraine as well given that they served as a puppet staging ground for the attack on Kyiv itself.

But that didn't prevent Levshunov from coming over for the USHL and then NCAA afterwards either.

And while I agree that we should steer from politics as well, hockey serves as one of the few remaining international goodwill options that Russia has in its depleted arsenal. The kremlin hasn't prevented players from going to and from the US and Canada yet.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Mesar is garbage. If the Habs are offering up a prospect willingly, it’s because they suck. I’m not trading #2 for #5, a late first and a crappy prospect.

If the Habs want #2 that bad, it’s gonna hurt them. Owen Beck or Josh Roy are the only guys I would even consider, and even then it’s hard to trade from #2.
Habs fan here in peace....creeping your board to see what the sentiment is. Don't blame the majority of you guys for wanting Demigod.

Anyways....while creeping, I saw this little gem. I'd take it. 5th + Beck or Roy......and Ill throw in the Jets pick to move up to 2nd.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Habs fan here in peace....creeping your board to see what the sentiment is. Don't blame the majority of you guys for wanting Demigod.

Anyways....while creeping, I saw this little gem. I'd take it. 5th + Beck or Roy......and Ill throw in the Jets pick to move up to 2nd.
Honestly all depends on if they feel theycould nab their guy at 5

Reactions: waitin425

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

You should look into the politics of Belarus (also called white russia historically) before attempting to be a smart ass.

Belarus all things considered is a puppet state of Russia and might not even exist in the next ten years. Its been a presidential dictatorship ran by Lukashenko ever since the Soviet Union broke up and have been in a union with Russia ever since the 90s and even Belarussian as a language is being phased out in favor of Russian

• Haha
Reactions: BHFAN92

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
You should look into the politics of Belarus (also called white russia historically) before attempting to be a smart ass.

Belarus all things considered is a puppet state of Russia and might not even exist in the next ten years. Its been a presidential dictatorship ran by Lukashenko ever since the Soviet Union broke up and have been in a union with Russia ever since the 90s and even Belarussian as a language is being phased out in favor of Russian
smart ass most of my family is from Belarus..our politicians tied to Russia but our population considers us independent and wanting nothing to do with Russia..but go on tell me more about us!

Reactions: Pez68

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
smart ass most of my family is from Belarus..our politicians tied to Russia but our population considers us independent and wanting nothing to do with Russia..but go on tell me more about us!
Then you would have known how Belarus is essentially an extension of Russia from a political standpoint then and not tried to "they are different countries read a map derp"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad