2024 NHL Draft Thread (CBJ to pick 4th)

Predict CBJ's draft position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Just a heads up we will be doing a draft lottery GDT and temporarily closing this thread until it concludes. Will probably close this thread at around 4-5pm est.

Please put all lottery talk in that thread and prospect talk in here

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I guess I'm in the Lindstrom train assuming Demidov is going at 2. Watched some tape on Bobs #2-5 and wasnt too crazy on the Dmen. Levshu > Silayev, but didnt really see anything mind blowing. Mateychuk seems elite, so I'm fine with the current defensive prospects anyways

Last edited:
Reactions: Xoggz22

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I’m potentially open to trading it (unlike last year) but it’s hard to envision any offer coming in that makes sense (both for us and hard to think of a team from behind us willing to come up for what they’d have to give up).

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Just stay where we are and draft whoever they like. Demidov, Lindstrom, defenseman, doesnt matter just take the guy they like

Reactions: Xoggz22

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Stay the course unless...somebody gets really stupid. I mean really stupid. ( don't ask my definition of really stupid though)

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Is this draft as messy after #2 as it seems? My watching hours are at all time low, but looking into things today it felt very hard to get a grip on the consensus. If it is so, wouldn't mind a trading down for two 1st rounders.

Like if you do #5 for #9 and #29 with Calgary, you could get something like Catton and Hutson, or whoever you like at those positions.. I kinda just want Hutson after watching u18s

Last edited:

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
What is up with people wanting to trade the pick? We are still in a rebuild and still about a year/two off competiting or y'all want to trade a 4th overall for a Marner rental...like really who would you trade the pick for 100% serious?

Anyways how I see its going to come down to either Lindstrom, Silayev or Dickinson. All 3 have size and how I personally see the draft going right now:

Sharks: Celebrini​

Blackhawks: Demidov​

Ducks: Levshunov (they really need a blue chip RD)​

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What is up with people wanting to trade the pick? We are still in a rebuild and still about a year/two off competiting or y'all want to trade a 4th overall for a Marner rental...like really who would you trade the pick for 100% serious?

Anyways how I see its going to come down to either Lindstrom, Silayev or Dickinson. All 3 have size and how I personally see the draft going right now:

Thats how i see the first 3 picks also(hope, but i could also see anaheim go with Silayev)

from an outside perspective it seems like an awkward pick for Columbus(unless you really like lindstrom) .... to the point i could see them consider dropping down a bit and getting another asset or 2.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Thats how i see the first 3 picks also(hope, but i could also see anaheim go with Silayev)

from an outside perspective it seems like an awkward pick for Columbus(unless you really like lindstrom) .... to the point i could see them consider dropping down a bit and getting another asset or 2.
See I wanted to say something like this with the trading of the pick as I see us dropping down more than a raw pick for asset. Honestly, this is the perfect situation if we didn't up winning the lotto. All 3 picks before are out west and we hold all the cards as there's no true agreed upon order with 4-10. You could drop back. make a play and still end up with your #2-3 pick even if its like 6 spots down.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Why wouldn't we?

This is the range Lindstrom is generally ranked in and we obviously could use a big power forward.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Why wouldn't we?

This is the range Lindstrom is generally ranked in and we obviously could use a big power forward.
Seems like hes kinda got mixed feelings as a prospect, and the injury potential concern.... but by that time Columbus would have already done their homework, and if things seem fine and hes a good fit then sure grab him.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
The question is whether knee injury concerns and the Russian factor will push Demidov down.

If he does want to come to the US, that could help, but if he's not ready to play in the NHL and doesn't want to play in the AHL, that can also cause problems. He didn't look ready for the KHL, so he's not definitely not going to step right into the NHL.

The injury concerns with so many of the forwards may result in defensemen being a safer pick.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I have a feeling the first three teams will stay away from the Russians because of the risk factors so the Jackets might get Silayev or Demidov depending on a bigger need.

If that’s case, I’m leaning towards Silayev - already with pro experience and you can’t teach size

Reactions: CBJx614

puckgoalnet

Feb 23, 2003
Columbus, OH
Visit site

That's exactly how I see it. I'd be very happy with any of those three. As much as I like Silayev, Lindstom would be very hard to pass up if he's still available ... I think he has the potential to be the best in the class in a few years (ie he has work to do, but that frame and aggressiveness is hard to find).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad