2024 Draft Discussion

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
We still need to get another center. We know already Veleno and Rasmussen not top centers. Both Kasper and Danielson doesn't look like first line centers either .
21 years old Wyatt Johnson already Dallas first line center, was taken at twenties. We should not assume that there is no potential first line center at 15.
Johnson only dropped because he didn't play hockey for a year.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Yeah Noah Dobson was my pick that year but of course I didnt complain when zadina fell

Habs and arizona screwed us over that year lol we should have boucher hughes or Dobson on our team now

I wanted Dobson bad too. But, if we drafted him we wouldn't have ASP I think. Dunno how good he will be but he looks very promising.

Reactions: RabidBadger

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
I wouldn't want them on the Wings either....

Ofc you wouldn’t, because no matter what anyone’s political beliefs and subjective views on certain politicians are - all of them would skate even worse than Perron, and that’s definitely something we don’t need under any circumstances. :D

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
He's slipped past 15 in every mock/list I've seen since the world juniors. He was pretty underwhelming - Wings could probably drop back and get him.

He was great at juniors, until the gold medal game. He took a major penalty. Described well in the video.

The off the ice issues themselves are not as big a deal to me. Why? Look at the youth of America. Just see any of these on campus or in the street interviews and you'll see knot heads from the Ivy Leagues to the streets. I doubt most of them know the significance of the symbol or who even fought in the war.

What does bother me is his knot head play ON the ice!! Some players just can't process the game well enough at high speeds. He may be one. Like I said 6'1" and 156 lbs. No way I take him at 15. That said, I think he slides way down in the draft. Many teams are afraid of the kid. I doubt the Wings move up to take him, but they wold nab him if he slipped to 47. I can't see that, but you never know these days.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
whoops- my post was supposed to be in response to your post on Greentree, not Connelly.

You pushed me to fnd another video. Candidly, the first one I saw was from TSN. I watched it and I am sold. LIAM GREENTREE @ #15. I doubt he is still there, but hope you are right because that drop you discusss is from the top 10 to 15.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
They're 2 kids from Norway will be drafted in the first and I don't know witch one earlier

I didn't realize that there haven't been that many Norwegian players in the NHL. There has never been a Norwegian picked in the first round, it would also be Stevie's first time picking one if he does.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
I like other guy more , but it probably going to be someone else
Like what I hear. Mbn sounds like a true throw back. I really like both the Norwegian top end players. But, I'm just a little apprehensive of taking either too early. MBN shows a lot of skill, but doesn't seem to produce as you might hope. Maybe he's just that far ahead of all his teammates?!!! But I'm thinking not. Truly gifted talent always raises all ships, and that is a professional league!! I honestly find the dmen more exciting, showing a little more offensive lately, but still not first round material. He's a bad ass, no doubt, but is the skating 1st round???

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
And Hage is ranked lower than he should be because he missed most of last season and had a slow start. Of course another GM might see through that, and he might not be available at 15.
Believe I saw a stat he had 50 something points in the last 30 or so games of the season.

Hage bandwagon >>> MBN bandwagon

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
That's another one I like at15

I like Hage but I don't think he'll be center at the NHL level.

Very smart, high skill, great hands, good shot and passing. I think 2 years at UM will be good for him. He reminds me a lot of Jordan Kyrou from that clip. Same weaknesses defensively as well. I don't get the Eichel comparisons that some internet scouting pages are making. I'm just not seeing it.

Believe I saw a stat he had 50 something points in the last 30 or so games of the season.

Hage bandwagon >>> MBN bandwagon

MBN is the kind of guy that will drag your team to a playoff win.

Hage is the kind of guy that will be on the losing side of MBN's team in the playoffs. :thumbu:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I don’t think Eiserman gets past San Jose at 14. Celebrini and he have chemistry and are said to be good friends, so it makes sense to have them be a pair.

Winged Wheel podcast was talking about Eiserman like he's a guaranteed 40 goal guy in the NHL but I have worries about the guy becoming a real impact player. I get that he broke Caulfield's record at the NTDP but the holes in his game have me worried. How much does he contribute when he's not scoring? And is he even the best shooter in the draft? Because MBN, Greentree and Iginla might have something to say about that.

I think some team takes him in the top 10 based on his numbers being on par with guys like Boldy, Zegras, Caulfield. I'm not sure he'll match their production in the NHL right away.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

That doesn't bother me at all, because I have faith in Danielson. If both can pick up a few pounds then you have a solid second line that can score while being "hard to play against". (Nate is listed at 187, and Hage at 190 so both are already NHL size.)

Besides size, the kid can skate, plays at speed, creates plays, says the right things, and plays with a little grit that everyone seems to want. What more do you want? Besides, most of the people here are looking at wingers anyways.

MBN just reminds me too much of Kasper, just bigger. I'd like to see a pick with more offensive upside.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Very smart, high skill, great hands, good shot and passing. I think 2 years at UM will be good for him. He reminds me a lot of Jordan Kyrou from that clip. Same weaknesses defensively as well. I don't get the Eichel comparisons that some internet scouting pages are making. I'm just not seeing it.

MBN is the kind of guy that will drag your team to a playoff win.

Hage is the kind of guy that will be on the losing side of MBN's team in the playoffs. :thumbu:
I’d take Kyrou or a Kyrou-type player at 15 all day.

We already have a bunch of MBN types in the system.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
MBN season totals
Allsvenskan:
- regular season: 41 gp, 8+10=18, +3, 19 PIM
- playoffs: 12 gp, 4+6=10, +1, 10 PIM
J20 National:
- regular season: 7 gp, 5+7=12, +9, 10 PIM
U20 WJC:
5 gp, 3+2=5, +1, 0 PIM
Mens WHC:
7 gp, 3+2=5, -6, 2 PIM
Norway U20 NT(practice games)
9 gp, 8+4=12
Norway mens NT(practice games)
4 gp, 4+0

TOTAL:
85 gp, 35+31=66

Next stop NHL entry draft and hopefully Detroit, then Skellefteå.
MBN just reminds me too much of Kasper, just bigger. I'd like to see a pick with more offensive upside.
He has one of the best shots in the entire draft, i don't know how much more offensive upside you can find at 15 in this draft class.
I’d take Kyrou or a Kyrou-type player at 15 all day.

We already have a bunch of MBN types in the system.
You can never have too many MBN types in the team. Just look at Florida.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
What's cool about MBN , he will be on the same team with ASP.
Hage is one of the best playmakers this draft plus he improve towards the end of the season.
Sennecke is game changer with size and skills.
Solberg is dominant LD, that could be under Kronwall support.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I don’t think Eiserman gets past San Jose at 14. Celebrini and he have chemistry and are said to be good friends, so it makes sense to have them be a pair.
I think it's possible depending on which defenseman are there. They have some decent forward prospects, and adding Celebrini to the mix makes it a position of strength in their prospect pool. They really need to look for some high quality D. The other thing is that D usually take longer to develop than forwards so totally loading up on forwards before adding some D prospects seems short-sighted to me.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I disagree as I think the Sharks would be foolish to not take a run at one of the really good D left available as they have virtually no one valuable at that position. Not to mention they will have snagged Eklund, Smith, Musty, and Celebrini which is an excellent core to build around

I think the "draft the players together" thing is overrated because 99% of the time the circumstances regarding the NHL team they play on will not be the same as they do in college/junior/Europe

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad