GDT: “Us…..and Them” @ 4pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
They've been very slow to start games and been sloppy as hell the last 3 or so games. Would love to see them come out focused tonight.

Reactions: Neil Racki

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I’d like to see the new lines show some type of chemistry and I want to see them get back to having clean breakouts. Breakouts are really important for them since they’re not as dangerous in transition as they used to be. Good breakouts lead to possession through the neutral zone which leads to being able to set up the cycle and weave game in the offensive zone that they’ve become successful at. It also allows the defensemen a better opportunity to activate.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I'm going to the game tonight. (Got decent tickets in the lower section in a corner where the Caps shoot twice as a birthday gift.)

Hoping for a win, an Ovi goal, generally solid/entertaining play, and... to not catch Covid.

Nice! A company gifted me tickets and I thought I was going tonight but my tickets are for the Saturday game.

I was kinda excited, book a room, do a quick overnight thing.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Slight worry from me. With Wilson and Backy back - I am hoping that we gel ASAP and continue our catching back up the standings. Really dont want us to be going back to bad hockey for whatever reason with our core together.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I’d like to see the new lines show some type of chemistry and I want to see them get back to having clean breakouts. Breakouts are really important for them since they’re not as dangerous in transition as they used to be. Good breakouts lead to possession through the neutral zone which leads to being able to set up the cycle and weave game in the offensive zone that they’ve become successful at. It also allows the defensemen a better opportunity to activate.
Yea, honestly it seems like since JC74 was injured, their breakouts have been a mess. It’s been their biggest issue, with turnovers leading to some quick goals against. And their possession, cycle game hasn’t shown up as consistently as it was in the middle of their recent win/pt streak.

I hope the new D pairs will finally gel (the 3rd pair has been in constant flux - maybe they now stick with AA-Fever), and can work to break out cleanly. But, with the lines in complete disarray with 19, and 43 back, I imagine it’s still going to be a work in progress.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Looks like we have a 2A and 2B line.

2A is only above the other because of $$$ and seniority, imo

Reactions: twabby

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Like the way dee pinched and Oshie covered the top. Couple of good scoring chances there.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
Hate those shit angle shots up high from Kuzy, at least shoot low to generate a rebound, people only scored on those against Sammy because he was easy to catch leaning.

Bleh, bad turnover and unnecessary penalty, had 2 D back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad