Proposal: Zegras for Guhle, 1 for 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I love how he is a #2 already, but Zegras is a 50-60 point guy but he has scored 65 twice in his first 2 years lol.
61 and 65 through 4 seasons. I get your point, but no need to exaggerate

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I love how he is a #2 already, but Zegras is a 50-60 point guy but he has scored 65 twice in his first 2 years lol.
I know maths are hard sometimes but Zegras has hit 65 once and then followed it up with the bad season last year, his 4th in the NHL.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Yeah those 22pts and hilarious defensive gaffs really scream future star D
Yah, he cant produce like Seider is as he's not feeded #1PP time as we have Matheson there.

But go on my guy educate me on how Guhle facing top.line 23min a night.at 22yo isnt top pairing

Btw, you win with defence in the NHL. Guhle knows how to defend.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I know maths are hard sometimes but Zegras has hit 65 once and then followed it up with the bad season last year, his 4th in the NHL.

Most duck fans wouldn’t call his season bad…. Just injury plagued….. but when healthy he was impactful for us.

Don’t think that has anything to do with math

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yah, he cant produce like Seider is as he's not feeded #1PP time as we have Matheson there.

But go on my guy educate me on how Guhle facing top.line 23min a night.at 22yo isnt top pairing

His season average is 20:51 according to nhl.com

Where you getting 23 from lol

At least try to hide your biased takes

ok numbers are hard.
I mean your fellow fan is sitting here saying 23 mins when guhle average is 20:51 maybe you can give him # lessons too

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Way to miss the point champ
Was the point to try to exaggerate in your favor….

You know how you get these discussions to stop ? Tell your fan base to stop asking for zegras and offering up guhle.

Duck fans don’t want to trade zegras
Duck fans don’t want/need guhle

Thread over

See you in a week when the next Canadian fan makes the same thread

• Haha
Reactions: Garo and Rec T

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
hey thats fair, i just dont see it that way. One reason being that there are more forwards than D.

Truth is there's not enough good scoring forwards or top 4 D to go around, almost every team is looking for one or the other ... Even the champs will be shopping this summer.

I do think forward talent in general drops off faster than D talent though, maybe just because Dmen are harder to project, and elite scoring talent tends to be fairly obvious at lower levels. But even great D prospects have struggles ... It took Pronger several years to become what he became, and he was light years ahead of any u21 dman in the league now as a prospect.

Also, the fans may be praying for the best FWD, but i think we should just take the BPA no matter what that means.

I'm a big proponent of BPA high in the draft. You factor in need later when BPA is no longer so clear.

curious - does this mean you would make a deal for zegras that woudl include Reinbacher?

I'd sooner move Zegras AND the 3oa for a big name than trade him for picks or prospects. Well there are some prospects I'd trade him for, but they're the kind that you can't usually get even at 3oa, and thus aren't realistically available.

I'd love to have Reinbacher, but is he a substantially better prospect than some of the other top young dmen out there? He's not a Denis Potvin level prospect, or he'd have gone 2oa last year. Hell he wouldn't be guaranteed to go 2oa in this year's draft.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Was the point to try to exaggerate in your favor….

You know how you get these discussions to stop ? Tell your fan base to stop asking for zegras and offering up guhle.

Duck fans don’t want to trade zegras
Duck fans don’t want/need guhle

Thread over

See you in a week when the next Canadian fan makes the same thread
If you look back through my comments I've never run down zegras, I think he's an interesting dynamic player but not one I'd want Montreal brass to spend the considerable assets required to attain. Inwasvmerekybpointingboutbthatvthevpost made it seem like he came into the league and immediately scored 65 points not once, but twice. It was an exaggeration any way you slice it. Im as annoyed by the constant Zegras proposals as you are. But Montreal has a large fan base on this site and the media continues to suggest the teams are talking. So until that's put to rest they will likely continue. The Ducks could put an end to it by saying he is not available (as Hughes has done with Xhekaj). But to date they haven't done that.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
His season average is 20:51 according to nhl.com

Where you getting 23 from lol

At least try to hide your biased takes

I mean your fellow fan is sitting here saying 23 mins when guhle average is 20:51 maybe you can give him # lessons too
You are right, though he did have 12 games with 23min or more and about 24 with 22 min or more. If he got more PP time, might come this season, he should get close to 23-24 min per game on avr. I think both are fine young players but at this point I just prefer the dman, maybe I am biased as I played D my whole career. I am pretty good at calling it on good dmen. I said Petry was not just a one season wonder like so many said after his first big scoring season in Montreal. I said Matheson would explode in Montreal, though even I was surprised he got over 60 pts.

I think Guhle will be a stud in time.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Because if all the playoff games Guhle has won?

I remember how often it was said that Mantha will be a “playoff player” and turns out he’s just as bad there as he is in the regular season

I’m not even a big Zegras fan, but he’s certainly better than Guhle who’s nothing special whatsoever
Correction good sir

Because of all the playoffs games he will win

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You are right, though he did have 12 games with 23min or more and about 24 with 22 min or more. If he got more PP time, might come this season, he should get close to 23-24 min per game on avr. I think both are fine young players but at this point I just prefer the dman, maybe I am biased as I played D my whole career. I am pretty good at calling it on good dmen. I said Petry was not just a one season wonder like so many said after his first big scoring season in Montreal. I said Matheson would explode in Montreal, though even I was surprised he got over 60 pts.

I think Guhle will be a stud in time.

Well I don’t think anyone has really claimed guhle won’t be a stud, I think his overall ceiling is limited but if he can become a steady shut down guy in Montreals top 4 for a long time would be great tho.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If you look back through my comments I've never run down zegras, I think he's an interesting dynamic player but not one I'd want Montreal brass to spend the considerable assets required to attain. Inwasvmerekybpointingboutbthatvthevpost made it seem like he came into the league and immediately scored 65 points not once, but twice. It was an exaggeration any way you slice it. Im as annoyed by the constant Zegras proposals as you are. But Montreal has a large fan base on this site and the media continues to suggest the teams are talking. So until that's put to rest they will likely continue. The Ducks could put an end to it by saying he is not available (as Hughes has done with Xhekaj). But to date they haven't done that.

If he frames it as
“In his first 2 full seasons he was 60+ point player on an anemic Anaheim offsense”

Last season right now is an injury outlier…. I mean he has 1 power play point last year, he looked back to normal once he came back from injury…. And I think with a more mature/better team this up coming season he’ll be comfortably back on track barring any injuries.

He improved in the areas of the game we wanted him to improve in…. He’s obviously naturally talented offensively…. Hopefully this year we’ll see how he puts it all together and start to really see what his upside is.(and personally I hope that’s in Anaheim)

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
If he frames it as
“In his first 2 full seasons he was 60+ point player on an anemic Anaheim offsense”

Last season right now is an injury outlier…. I mean he has 1 power play point last year, he looked back to normal once he came back from injury…. And I think with a more mature/better team this up coming season he’ll be comfortably back on track barring any injuries.

He improved in the areas of the game we wanted him to improve in…. He’s obviously naturally talented offensively…. Hopefully this year we’ll see how he puts it all together and start to really see what his upside is.(and personally I hope that’s in Anaheim)
I agree with everything you said. I said I understood his point and there was no need to exaggerate. I honestly believe it would be a mistake for the ducks to move him. I also believe that tge price for Montreal to aquire him could potentially derail the rebuild there. It feels like maintaining the status quo is the best course of action. For both teams, yet the rumors persist because the Ducks haven't shut them down. Hopefully after the draft they'll co.e out and say hes nor available. Not just to shut down these inane proposals, but to show the kid they believe he's an integral piece of the puzzle moving forward

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Just because your team isnt any good at hockey so they have to to play him doesnt make him a top pair D. Jake Walman and Ben Chiarot also play(Ed) a ton for the Wings… are they top pair D?

I’m always waiting for your response to the list of teams I supplied to which of them he would be a top pair D on?

• Haha
Reactions: beowulf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad