Youth is Served

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Good luck guys.

Everyone wanted to see changes with the defense and tonight 2 players make their NHL debut. Not sure if Wesley or Quintel did it in same game or if McCrimmon played the first game Bourque did- or if someone else did.

Two forwards drafted in the potentially epic 2014 draft will not only be on the ice but maybe together on the same line

3 college FA should play and a 4th should join them in a couple of months giving Boston something you don't see often

Even one of the 2015 class will make his NHL debut

This will be my 34th year jumping in right out of college without even having a job and I've seen much good and some bad but I'm excited about this team and the trip (not the snap shot) that starts tonight

I look at this team like a child - there will be growing pains but in the end I see a good place as guys settle in and gain experience

It's got a nice core of leaders and by spring should have at least 1/3 or more of each lineup early 20's

Last year they started 0-3 recovered enough to sit in first but 3 weeks from the end before flaming out with jelly legs against Ottawa that final game- they should not have that particular issue based on the roster

Good luck Claude

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I think management is finally doing the right thing and realizing that you're not going to get anywhere relying on veteran crutch after crutch year after year. Growing pains will happen, but talent is talent. The ceiling is sky high with these young players. Generally with veterans, there is a known limit, even if their overall play is more consistent.

Very interested to see how Claude handles the situation. My hopes are high.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I think management is finally doing the right thing and realizing that you're not going to get anywhere relying on veteran crutch after crutch year after year. Growing pains will happen, but talent is talent. The ceiling is sky high with these young players. Generally with veterans, there is a known limit, even if their overall play is more consistent.

Amen brother

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
It's been amazing around here today with people seemingly as excited about the opening game as I am about my prostate exams. It's a new season! Remember SAN Jose was coming off selecting tenth overall and cries to blow it all up. It's a long year, least we can do is enjoy opening night.

:)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It's been amazing around here today with people seemingly as excited about the opening game as I am about my prostate exams. It's a new season! Remember SAN Jose was coming off selecting tenth overall and cries to blow it all up. It's a long year, least we can do is enjoy opening night.

:)

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm more excited for tonight and this season than I have been for either of the last two seasons.

Here's hoping to the young guys help rejuvenating this franchise the same way a bunch of young guys did way back in 2007-2008.

Espresso Martini

Apr 12, 2016
I am excited to see the young D play. I accept mistakes will be made but I would rather watch young players learning the position than have veterans who handle the puck like it is a grenade.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Good luck guys.

I look at this team like a child - there will be growing pains but in the end I see a good place as guys settle in and gain experience

Good luck Claude

Hopefully they play well enough that they are not replaced by Miller and McQuaid when those two are health. Live with the mistakes, provided they aren't too bad, and hopefully come the new year the mistakes are few and far between and we are talking playoffs.
That's right Jim Mora, I said playoffs.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm more excited for tonight and this season than I have been for either of the last two seasons.

Here's hoping to the young guys help rejuvenating this franchise the same way a bunch of young guys did way back in 2007-2008.

I agree.

If we had K. Miller, McQuaid, and Ehrhoff in at D and Mueller a F I would be a lot less excited.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Good luck guys.

Everyone wanted to see changes with the defense and tonight 2 players make their NHL debut. Not sure if Wesley or Quintel did it in same game or if McCrimmon played the first game Bourque did- or if someone else did.

Two forwards drafted in the potentially epic 2014 draft will not only be on the ice but maybe together on the same line

3 college FA should play and a 4th should join them in a couple of months giving Boston something you don't see often

Even one of the 2015 class will make his NHL debut

This will be my 34th year jumping in right out of college without even having a job and I've seen much good and some bad but I'm excited about this team and the trip (not the snap shot) that starts tonight

It's got a nice core of leaders and by spring should have at least 1/3 or more of each lineup early 20's

Last year they started 0-3 recovered enough to sit in first but 3 weeks from the end before flaming out with jelly legs against Ottawa that final game- they should not have that particular issue based on the roster

Good luck Claude

Like I said in the other thread, this is a bit disingenuous because you fully realize they're only playing because McQuaid and Miller are hurt. I'm excited to see them play as well, but I'm not running around proclaiming youth being served because I'm taking into consideration the context with which they're playing.

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland

This, I am more excited about this year than the past two combined. We do not know the upper limit on the kids and they seem to want to shoot high. Before there were a lot of vets to keep the team safe, now we are taking chances on rookies who look awesome

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Like I said in the other thread, this is a bit disingenuous because you fully realize they're only playing because McQuaid and Miller are hurt. I'm excited to see them play as well, but I'm not running around proclaiming youth being served because I'm taking into consideration the context with which they're playing.

If the youth are awesome, do you think both get sent down because the vets have priority? If they follow suit with the Red Sox, the best person plays and moves are made to keep that happening

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Agree here some interesting young guys. Good luck to all of them.

I expect a big game tonight from them Cbus probably worst team in the league and Bergeron is out. All of them get to start in more advanced roles the D men are bumped up with no K Miller and the forwards have bigger roles without Bergy. Glad hockey is back should be a fun year!

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya

I am not a fan of handing kids spots in the line up. However, in the cap era I believe the most successful teams identify their core and all other players are available. That creates more spots for young players.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Hopefully this is the start of the new core getting their feet wet like the present core was allowed to. Has to happen, the sooner the better. Especially after the last 3 years heading back to the Habs playoff loss.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Awesome !!!! Great point :handclap:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If the youth are awesome, do you think both get sent down because the vets have priority? If they follow suit with the Red Sox, the best person plays and moves are made to keep that happening

Are you saying that you think Sweeney would bury McQuaid and Miller in the minors after signing both to extension in the last two off seasons? I don't believe that would happen at all simply because of how bad that would reflect on the GM. You can say it's all about play, but contracts, options and a myriad of other factors are considered. What I am saying is that I don't believe both young guys would have made the team had McQuaid and Miller been healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad