Feb 18, 2018

Attachments

• IMG_0419.jpeg
    IMG_0419.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 0

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
No offene to those that think differently than me (and I know why post in this thread???????) but I am not a Whalers fan, Im a Canes fan. Whalers night doesn'tbother me in the least but if it went away I wouldn't lose the first bit of sleep over it. Im glad Dundon and the Canes make money off of the merch but seriously just put it to bed already.

PS as a native Clevelander that saw his Browns ripped away I feel like local (to Hartford) Whalers fans cringe every time they see this game coming up and would prefer it went away all together.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
No offene to those that think differently than me (and I know why post in this thread???????) but I am not a Whalers fan, Im a Canes fan. Whalers night doesn'tbother me in the least but if it went away I wouldn't lose the first bit of sleep over it. Im glad Dundon and the Canes make money off of the merch but seriously just put it to bed already.

PS as a native Clevelander that saw his Browns ripped away I feel like local (to Hartford) Whalers fans cringe every time they see this game coming up and would prefer it went away all together.
Oh cmon. There’s enough Whaler lovers to tolerators here to allow a thread without jumping all over it. It’s not going anywhere and it this point there’s no reason why we all can’t get along. Don’t read the thread if it’s that upsetting. If I can handle this y’all should be able to as well. It’s the teams history no matter how passionately you wish to avoid it.

I have in my storage unit a ceramic doll from the late 70’s early 80’s. It was popular then for Moms to go to ceramic class and they’d get these premade ceramic dolls of kids holding a baseball glove, football or hockey stick and they’d pant their kids favorite jersey on the figure. I have a Bosox one and a whalers one that has the boy wearing a New England Whalers jersey. That’s my oldest thing. I had a tiny collector stick and puck that had the whale with a “ers” coming out of it that was a secondary logo back then, not sure where those are. I may look around my unit for that ceramic piece - it’s a hoot. That’s my old stuff. I didn’t have a jersey until the mid 90’s when I had an authentic Sanderson that got stolen when I moved to CO.

I also have a really old plastic mug from an early 80’s game.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Oh cmon. There’s enough Whaler lovers to tolerators here to allow a thread without jumping all over it. It’s not going anywhere and it this point there’s no reason why we all can’t get along. Don’t read the thread if it’s that upsetting. If I can handle this y’all should be able to as well. It’s the teams history no matter how passionately you wish to avoid it.

I have in my storage unit a ceramic doll from the late 70’s early 80’s. It was popular then for Moms to go to ceramic class and they’d get these premade ceramic dolls of kids holding a baseball glove, football or hockey stick. I have a Bosox one and a whalers one that has the boy wearing a New England Whalers jersey. That’s my oldest thing. I had a tiny collector stick and puck that had the whale with a “ers” coming out of it that was a secondary logo back then, not sure where those are. I may look around my unit for that ceramic piece - it’s a hoot. That’s my old stuff. I didn’t have a jersey until the mid 90’s when I had an authentic Sanderson that got stolen when I moved to CO.

I also have a really old plastic mug from an early 80’s game.
I didnt mean to jump all over it like I said I know the whole don't read it thing. Personally I don't care one way or the other, but from experience as a Browns fan I am sure there are Hartford Natives that cant stand to see the logo, colors, and Unis worn by another team.
I am 100% positive if the Browns never came back and the Ravens "honored" the Browns once a year I would be uterly disgusted. So I sympathize with them.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I didnt mean to jump all over it like I said I know the whole don't read it thing. Personally I don't care one way or the other, but from experience as a Browns fan I am sure there are Hartford Natives that cant stand to see the logo, colors, and Unis worn by another team.
I am 100% positive if the Browns never came back and the Ravens "honored" the Browns once a year I would be uterly disgusted. So I sympathize with them.
I’m sure some of those fans exist and won’t want to talk about it, but there’s others that do. I’m a Whalers fans born and raised ten minutes from the mall who grew up going to the Whalers games including the very last two home ones after we all knew they were leaving. I hated everything that happened and still hate Karmanos and much of that stuck to my feelings for JR. If I can handle it and talk about these things then imo passionate people from the other side should be able to tolerate it and enjoy the conversation for what it is. A conversation about cool nostalgia items that any sports fan into that sort thing would find interesting. Or they’d just avoid the thread.

It wasn’t meant as a battleground for talking about the history or arguing about Whalers night.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I have too much stuff to quantify.

2 original kids white jerseys (from Whalers alumni camp-signed by a bunch including Gordie Howe)
1 Kelly Green original
1 white New England Whalers jersey
2 navy blues
1 Reverse retro

couple jackets, a hoodie, a kids t-shirt with Taz the tasmanian devil playing hockey, posters, headbands, sunglasses and I’m sure a bunch of stuff I’m not thinking of

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I've got a couple of signs and banners hung up in my house, a few T-shirts, one of the old Navy jerseys, a reverse retro jersey, a number of hats, both winter and ball cap, and plenty of hockey cards. Probably some other stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad