Value of: Your Teams Goalie Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
The Leafs have struggled to get any good goalie prospects recently and the ones we do have are either too far away from being able to contribute to our AHL/NHL team, or have had injuries that have set them back (Scott and Woll)

Knowing that, and after learning the Leafs may be looking to move Dermott I was wondering if any teams are looking to trade a goalie prospect

Now I’m not talking about a Spencer Knight level prospect because the price for someone like that would be way too high, but ideally a goalie who is 23 or younger and is able to hold a consistent .905+ sv% in the AHL.

any thoughts?

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Philly struggled forever to find a goalie and after the emergence of Hart we have quite a few guys behind him I think will be successful at the NHL level.
Different fans have their favorites and I think the organization likes the competition but it's getting a bit crowded so I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more moved

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Philly struggled forever to find a goalie and after the emergence of Hart we have quite a few guys behind him I think will be successful at the NHL level.
Different fans have their favorites and I think the organization likes the competition but it's getting a bit crowded so I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more moved

Flyers goalie prospects with legit NHL potential

Felix Sandström at eliteprospects.com

Samuel Ersson at eliteprospects.com

Kirill Ustimenko at eliteprospects.com

Ivan Fedotov at eliteprospects.com

Alexei Kolosov at eliteprospects.com

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Something of a long shot but I'm a fan of Isaiah Saville. Perhaps with Logan Thompson in the AHL, VGK would deal Saville or a F prospect to recoup some of the lost assets.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Tampa has Miftakhov and Alnefelt. Both are probably 2 years away from being a backup option. Tampa is probably hesitant to move either but im sure 1 will be available if push comes to shove

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Tyler Wall is from Ontario, had a good college career.
Kinkaid and Huska have taken all the (few) starts in Hartford so far.
Unless one of Shesty, Georgiev, Kinkaid or Huska get hurt, ice time may be limited
NYR have Garand in from WHL next year

NYR don't need Dermott
Just looked at Leafs pipeline of unsigned mid-round Fs - wow, so many really small guys! Miettinen, Joe Miller, Abruzzese
and TML have already surrendered 5 of (would have been ) 14 picks next 2 drafts

Gogolev might be a fit, undrafted but some nice reports online

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Tyler Wall is from Ontario, had a good college career.
Kinkaid and Huska have taken all the (few) starts in Hartford so far.
Unless one of Shesty, Georgiev, Kinkaid or Huska get hurt, ice time may be limited
NYR have Garand in from WHL next year

NYR don't need Dermott
Just looked at Leafs pipeline of unsigned mid-round Fs - wow, so many really small guys! Miettinen, Joe Miller, Abruzzese
and TML have already surrendered 5 of (would have been ) 14 picks next 2 drafts

Gogolev might be a fit, undrafted but some nice reports online

general agree
picks are nice
willing to wait an extra year if value added to a pick

I see Kinkaid as a 6th rounder to FL

We're keeping Wall

Geo can be had w/wo retention, obv w is a bit more

Huska is a fit
would do
Huska + NYR 2021 4th
for