Proposal: Your best offer for Filip Hronek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Notes:

Puck moving RHD
Nearly 50 points
Currently a RFA in vancouver.
Looking fior 7.5/8m
Does not have a NMC
Up and down type season
Dominant in 1st half
Okay in second half
Struggled in the playoffs
Heavily rumoured to have a injury in the past few months

Best offers?

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
The value is off on a lot of these, most likely.

Skinner + Jokiharju + 2nd for Mikheyev + Hronek
Copp + Walman + Petry + 2nd for Mikheyev + Hronek
Chabot for Hronek
Marner for Mikheyev + Hronek + Raty
Necas for Hronek
Laine + Gudbranson for Hronek
Konecny + Ristolainen for Mikheyev + Hronek
Benn + Dellandrea + Lundkvist for Hronek
Buchnevich + Leddy + Faulk for Mikheyev + Hronek + Soucy
Durzi/Kesselring + cap space for Mikheyev + Hronek
Ehlers + Lundmark/Kniazev for Hronek
Dubois + Turcotte + Spence for Mikheyev + Hronek
Granlund (@50%) + Rutta + Burroughs + 3rd + cap space for Mikheyev + Hronek
Bjorkstrand + Borgen (@50%) for Podkolzin + Hronek

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What's his deal? Aside from needing hidden from the media.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Whats the canucks lookign for? Leafs have been looking for a Partner for Reilly for ages now, so Im sure they might call and take a look

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Lol nothing compared to what they gave up to get him. Another Stevie Y masterclass.
Touch grass buddy. In real life, they'd have no trouble finding a team to trade for 26 year old RD playing top pairing minutes.

He had a very good season overall, and GMs will be aware that his play down the stretch was affected by a wrist/elbow injury.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Lol nothing compared to what they gave up to get him. Another Stevie Y masterclass.

Masterclassing right onto the golf course.

Weird statement considering the Canucks had a relatively successful season, they haven’t traded him yet, and those draft picks have yielded literally nothing at this point. The nonsensical over-valuing of picks is real. You are hoping either pick turns into anything close to Hronek LMAO

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Touch grass buddy. In real life, they'd have no trouble finding a team to trade for 26 year old RD playing top pairing minutes.

He had a very good season overall, and GMs will be aware that his play down the stretch was affected by a wrist/elbow injury.
Unfortunately for Vancouver, GMs will also be aware that Mr. Allan Walsh is demanding an 8x8 contract for his client and has the arbitration leverage to get it.

GMs may even be aware that acquiring Filip Hronek doesn't come with Quinn Hughes attached at the hip.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Unfortunately for Vancouver, GMs will also be aware that Mr. Allan Walsh is demanding an 8x8 contract for his client and has the arbitration leverage to get it.

GMs may even be aware that acquiring Filip Hronek doesn't come with Quinn Hughes attached at the hip.
Someone in the Canucks’ organization at some point hurt you. I can sense it.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Hunh? He was terrific for them they probably don't make the playoffs without him. He improved his value. What a strange comment.
So you expect him to return more value in a trade this offseason than a mid 1st and mid 2nd round pick?

Someone in the Canucks’ organization at some point hurt you. I can sense it.
Not at all. I'm just trying to enforce the same harsh standard of criticism that was applied to Jim Benning - you know, the guy who actually acquired every single player worth a damn on your team - against your new management.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Not at all. I'm just trying to enforce the same harsh standard of criticism that was applied to Jim Benning - you know, the guy who actually acquired every single player worth a damn on your team - against your new management.
Ahh, you’re that moron’s son, it all makes sense now.

If you don’t know why Benning is loathed in Vancouver, maybe just stick to your own team.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
So you expect him to return more value in a trade this offseason than a mid 1st and mid 2nd round pick?

100% he improved his value this season. Offensively he tapered off as the season went on, but he was outstanding defensively throughout.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Hronek was 100% injured in the playoffs. Many reporters came out saying his hand was heavily bandaged and it's most likely a wrist injury that prevented him from shooting. If Hronek asks for 7 or under he would've been signed already.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Hronek will probably return about what the Canucks traded for him, and they got a year of decent play out of him, so all-in-all not a bad deal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him resign there, though. It's a great situation for him. That team has the potential to win some cups.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Masterclassing right onto the golf course.

Weird statement considering the Canucks had a relatively successful season, they haven’t traded him yet, and those draft picks have yielded literally nothing at this point. The nonsensical over-valuing of picks is real. You are hoping either pick turns into anything close to Hronek LMAO
Can't wait for the return for 5'11 175 pounder. Hopefully more than Horvat.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

With an extension for sure. I will say this though, I am not overly surprised he struggled when the physicality of the playoffs turned up. In the two game set against Ottawa when he was with detroit was playoff like atmosphere he really struggled. He will help you get in for sure he is a very good player but id be warry giving him 7 +. But legit top 4 RD are few and far between.

Reactions: Realgud

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
With an extension for sure. I will say this though, I am not overly surprised he struggled when the physicality of the playoffs turned up. In the two game set against Ottawa when he was with detroit was playoff like atmosphere he really struggled. He will help you get in for sure he is a very good player but id be warry giving him 7 +. But legit top 4 RD are few and far between.
You're not the only one wary of giving him 7+. That's exactly what kills his present trade value.

Yzerman saw this coming from a mile away. Rutherford is so old he can't even see what's right in front of him.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd imagine he brings back about the same value that the Canucks paid for him. I'm not saying this to say he's a bad player, but 1 year of playing with a Norris caliber Hughes isn't going to increase his value dramatically. Especially considering he's arbitration eligible and only a year away from UFA.

He'd bring back a bit more if he came with an extension, but I don't think it would be that much more than the 1st and 2nd the Canucks paid for him.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
If both teams can come to contract agreements with their new players, I think Necas for Hronek makes a lot of sense.

But I feel like it would be a departure for Carolina to sign a new D who has never played in their system to a long-term deal.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012

Playing top pair minutes = getting dragged around by the hair by Hughes.

We know what happens when Hughes isn’t with him. Hronek is a 2nd pair offensive defenseman who needs someone to cover for his mistakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad