Post-Game Talk: Young Stars Classic Tournament | Canucks go 3-0 at Young Stars

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kinda' surprised there's no Cole McWard at the Young-Stars. Unless there's some injury we don't know about, I guess he's being rested for the main training camp.

Could be a dark-horse candidate to stick. He lasted almost to the final days of training camp last season. I thought his season in Abbotsford was pretty pedestrian, but clearly the Canucks brain-trust is seriously bullish on him.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Kinda' surprised there's no Cole McWard at the Young-Stars. Unless there's some injury we don't know about, I guess he's being rested for the main training camp.

Could be a dark-horse candidate to stick. He lasted almost to the final days of training camp last season. I thought his season in Abbotsford was pretty pedestrian, but clearly the Canucks brain-trust is seriously bullish on him.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Most interesting thing about this is that D-Petey is playing on his off-hand. Heard scattering of unreliable reports that he'd occasionally play on the right side in Sweden, at various levels, but nothing concrete. I believe he said in an interview that he feels he can play either side effectively.

Also a little surprised Mynio isn't in the mix today.

Reactions: supercanuck

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Most interesting thing about this is that D-Petey is playing on his off-hand. Heard scattering of unreliable reports that he'd occasionally play on the right side in Sweden, at various levels, but nothing concrete. I believe he said in an interview that he feels he can play either side effectively.

Certainly an advantage for us - and him - if he can. It'll give him a leg up over a lot of guys.

That top line for us should really eat this event alive.

Very curious to see how Romani and Patterson do.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
It's possible that players like Bains are at this camp to get some experience/exposure to players that will be in other leagues this year.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I honestly forgot Klimovich existed until I saw that lineup. Not looking good, but it sure would be nice if he took a step.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Game times are out. Hopefully they put them on YouTube.

Is it confirmed that tomorrow night's games with the Flames Prospects is being carried on the Canucks YouTube channel?

If not, it's being streamed live on the Calgary Flames NHL website.....if you can live with the Flame home-town broadcasters.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Also a little surprised Mynio isn't in the mix today.

I too was surprised, and even disappointed by this. It was the first thing that jumped out at me. I want to see if this kid can grow into something. And wasn't he an early signing by the Canucks? Maybe there is more to it and he is also carrying something into the camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad