Post-Game Talk: Young Stars Classic Tournament | Canucks go 3-0 at Young Stars

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NailsHoglander

Feb 20, 2024
I find it amazing that Burke is still viewed as a sympathetic figure in this market instead of a villain given the enormous pile of anti-Canucks stuff he's done since 2008 and the amount of shit he's caused this franchise.

- tampering with the Sedins
- leaking damaging trade rumours involving the Canucks
- leading the charge for recapture penalties, again specifically targeting the Canucks
- getting involved in the Aaron Rome suspension to screw us over in the 2011 playoffs
- screwing up the prospects tourney because he didn't want it in BC

- Disrespecting our future captain on live TV at the NHL draft

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I don't think there's a super set age limit or whatever for these things. Haven't the Oilers dressed like a near-UFA-aged dude in the past?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Canucks are only sending 14 forwards, 8 defencemen, and 3 goalies. I expect every goalie to get a start. Will be curious how much ice the invites and AHL contracts actually get.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Some personal news, I'm going to the tournament! Friend's family has a place in Peachland so we're heading out Friday morning and leaving after the game on Sunday. Figure catching 2/3s of the Canucks games is pretty good.

That's awesome, have a great time! This tournament has been a bucket list item for my cousin and I for years, but it's just never worked for us both to have the time off at the same time to go. Hopefully one of these years! In the meantime, I'll vicariously enjoy it through you. :p:

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
That's awesome, have a great time! This tournament has been a bucket list item for my cousin and I for years, but it's just never worked for us both to have the time off at the same time to go. Hopefully one of these years! In the meantime, I'll vicariously enjoy it through you. :p:

It's the first road trip where I'll be driving. Prior to this, the furthest I've driven is from Abbotsford to Parallel 49 brewery or Harrison Hot Springs.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It's the first road trip where I'll be driving. Prior to this, the furthest I've driven is from Abbotsford to Parallel 49 brewery or Harrison Hot Springs.

Good stuff - it's not a terrible trek for a first timer, especially at this time of year. As my Dad always says, "just watch out for the other idiot". :laugh:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Good stuff - it's not a terrible trek for a first timer, especially at this time of year. As my Dad always says, "just watch out for the other idiot". :laugh:

My Dad was driving up to Fernie a few months ago and got hit by a deer. Slammed right into the side of his truck. So that's a thing to worry about apparently.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Romani going to lead the team in scoring.

Also I used to live up by Mr. C and have driven back and forth many many times, moose and deer strikes are a real thing and just as bad as a car accident, gotta pay attention and watch the road even if it seems like an endless open highway.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Oh, I'm aware. There used to be a stat that the number one cause of death in Newfoundland was moose crash. Those are big scary animals with headgear.

My oldest and I were driving to Hazelton for hockey last year in our SUV, there was a Moose that was bigger and taller than our vehicle on the highway. Easily the biggest one I'd ever seen in person, just breathtaking. Fortunately saw it from a ways off so plenty of time to slow down and watch it saunter off into the wilderness.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
A new year, and a new beginning for Danila Klimovich......with a new coaching staff in Abbotsford....so he starts with a clean slate. A strong start in this rookie tournament could get his season off to a flying start.

But seems to me a 'make or break' year. He could be closer to returning to Europe than to staying in pro hockey in NA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad