Post-Game Talk: Young Stars Classic Tournament | Canucks go 3-0 at Young Stars

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Most interesting thing about this is that D-Petey is playing on his off-hand. Heard scattering of unreliable reports that he'd occasionally play on the right side in Sweden, at various levels, but nothing concrete. I believe he said in an interview that he feels he can play either side effectively.

Also a little surprised Mynio isn't in the mix today.

He must be hurting or injured a bit.

I too was surprised, and even disappointed by this. It was the first thing that jumped out at me. I want to see if this kid can grow into something. And wasn't he an early signing by the Canucks? Maybe there is more to it and he is also carrying something into the camp.

Yeah. I really like this kid. He was just at the wjc showcase this summer and played very well. He's the best defenseman out of the entire group. He must be banged up a bit.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Surprised the other teams aren't throwing a fit about hosting their own one day lol.

Sucks to be them!

Forwards:
Arshdeep Bains (13), Danila Klimovich (18), Jonathan Lekkerimaki (23), Ty Mueller (39), Vilmer Alriksson (46), Aaty Raty (54), Ty Glover (61), Max Sasson (63), Riley Patterson (68), Josh Bloom (71), Anthony Romani (72), Deagan McMillan* (82), Ty Halaburda* (89), Cooper Walker** (90)

Defencemen:
Elias Pettersson (26), Akito Hirose (41), Sawyer Mynio (45), Christian Felton (58), Kirill Kudryavtsev (59), Joe Arnsten** (62), Parker Alcos (70), Basile Sansonnens (93)

Goaltenders:
Nikita Tolopilo (60), Jonathan Lemieux** (75), Ty Young (85)

*invite
**AHL contract

what times?
nm today it's 4 and 7:30pm

Is there a GDT?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Reactions: LuckyDay

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Hockey is back!!!!!!!

Most interested in watching the following players tonight:

At forward:
Lekkerimaki - he should dominate
Raty - how much has his skating improved?
Romani - is this kid's offensive abilities enough to make him a legit NHL prospect?

On Defense:
Pettersson - how close is he to NHL games?
Mynio - Is he a prospect we should watch closely?
Kudryavtsev - can he translate a solid OHL career to the pro level (won't know the answer from this tournament)?

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Vector Insider Update! Junior Canucks are playing soccer outside the rink. Bains, Pettersson, Hirose, etc.

Walked by Kris Knoblauch exiting a hotel. Said “Hi” to each other. Taller than I thought.
That's all you have to say? How much taller? He's listed as 6'4" on Elite Prospects. Could he have grown since he retired? Was there some reason to understate his height when he was playing? C'mon! We need something to discuss for another hour!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad