Post-Game Talk: Young Stars Classic Tournament | Canucks go 3-0 at Young Stars

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
A team that was having a good year after pretty 10 - 12 bad years should not be shooting for the stars. The only trade of a 1st rounder by the Canucks that worked out better than I expected was JTM.

Yeah, he seems to have more talent than expected ... if he ever gets some real snarl he has a shot.
To me I see a player who is very disruptive and is very noticeable but has very little finishing or playmaking capabilities.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Damn. Alriksson a stand out. He looks like he can maybe play in the AhL this season which would be a meteoric improvement

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Alriksson's probably been our best player this game, skating well, physical and driving play by imposing his will and showing some good skill and hockey sense. Nice goal.

Reactions: Grantham

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Other thoughts:
Bains is the weak link on the top line, Raty's been excellent and probably the best player on that line tonight. Mynio's been pretty disappointing this game, hopefully just recovering from being sick, but looked weak and not great gaps in this one. Klimovich a better game tonight. Pettersson again just blah despite scoring on a random point shot. Kudryavtsev again the best defenseman. Overall good speed and forechecking throughout the lineup.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
Alriksson showing some stuff in this tournament. Moving up the prospect chart with near every shift.

Alcos is playing very well giving his age. Pleasant surprise

Agreed. I've been pleasantly surprised with how solid he's looked so far.

Small sample size but still, encouraging.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
It annoys me that while the Canucks spent a lot of time on special teams in practice, the refs opt to not make one call for them despite plenty of chances to do so

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad