Post-Game Talk: Young Stars Classic Tournament | Canucks go 3-0 at Young Stars

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Too bad theres no Brzustewicz against today

Honestly I would be alright with Hirose and Klimovich being told if they can find an AHL team that would take them to loan then that or theyre off to ECHL. Just nothing there at this point

Would rather give the spot to someone with pro potential

Klimovich's fall off over the last year has been...something. Going from putting up 17 goals in the AHL as a late teen/20-something to just falling off a cliff last year and not seeming to really be bringing anything this year...

It was never a great pick, but before last season, he at least looked like a solid bet to be a decent scorer at the AHL level. Now, like you say, I think his best use to us would come as a toss in on a trade to free up a contract slot. He'll be back to Europe next year at this rate.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Klimovich's fall off over the last year has been...something. Going from putting up 17 goals in the AHL as a late teen/20-something to just falling off a cliff last year and not seeming to really be bringing anything this year...

It was never a great pick, but before last season, he at least looked like a solid bet to be a decent scorer at the AHL level. Now, like you say, I think his best use to us would come as a toss in on a trade to free up a contract slot. He'll be back to Europe next year at this rate.
Mutual termination wouldn't surprise me either given there were reports he was looking to leave due to the relationship being broken down or something a few months ago

Reactions: Vector

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

Klimovich will probably carve out an 18-20 year career in hockey and will eventually be randomly mentioned on here in 15 years like Ilya Kablukov who is still playing this year! We also drafted a Charles-Antoine Messier in that draft.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Klimovich will probably carve out an 18-20 year career in hockey and will eventually be randomly mentioned on here in 15 years like Ilya Kablukov who is still playing this year! We also drafted a Charles-Antoine Messier in that draft.

This made me go back to see "who's the oldest draftee we had that's still playing?"

As of the end of last season, we still had two draftees from 2003 (!!!) still playing - Nicklas Danielsson and Sergei Topol!

• Wow
Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
That was a bad sequence by Sansonnens. Also not a great goal on Tolopilo. Sansonnens telegraphs the long pass in the neutral zone, gets picked off, and instead of staying to defend his side charges over leaving his partner in no man's land unable to cover where he was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad