• YES

Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
Losing tonight and going back to Edmonton for game 6 is a nightmare scenario. It wouldn't necessarily be as bad if the Oilers had home ice and we were the ones going back to Florida for a game 6, but the way this series is structured we absolutely need to skate away with the cup tonight or we're very likely looking at a seven game series and in serious danger.

I agree if we play like we played on Saturday and get blown out again. Then, I think I would have to invest in some amnesia-inducing tech as the Oilers winning the cup due to us choking would be f***ing UNBEARABLE. And TBH, we would deserve it because we would have shown that we didni't have what it takes.

But I really really doubt it: our team has been known as many things (a lot of them not good) but not as chokers. The main thing is that we play our game and keep things tight and suffocating. Hockey can be so random that as long as we do that, even if we do lose tonight, we still have a good chance of winning this series and the cup. And that's a MUCH better chance than Edmonton has - f*** their "comeback/McJesus" narratives, this is sport.

Saying that, I'm so damn nervous. I can't even watch the game live tonight as I have to work tomorrow but not sure how the hell I'm meant to sleep tonight...

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Here is how much I value Tkachuk's guarantee

aILha1.gif

IYKYK lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Idiot Stick

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Here is how much I value Tkachuk's guarantee

aILha1.gif

IYKYK lmao
the HV of the nba

I agree if we play like we played on Saturday and get blown out again. Then, I think I would have to invest in some amnesia-inducing tech as the Oilers winning the cup due to us choking would be f***ing UNBEARABLE. And TBH, we would deserve it because we would have shown that we didni't have what it takes.

But I really really doubt it: our team has been known as many things (a lot of them not good) but not as chokers. The main thing is that we play our game and keep things tight and suffocating. Hockey can be so random that as long as we do that, even if we do lose tonight, we still have a good chance of winning this series and the cup. And that's a MUCH better chance than Edmonton has - f*** their "comeback/McJesus" narratives, this is sport.

Saying that, I'm so damn nervous. I can't even watch the game live tonight as I have to work tomorrow but not sure how the hell I'm meant to sleep tonight...
no cup winning team gets blown out 8-1 in the playoffs even on an off day

If anything were the ones making a comeback tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad