You’re the coach of a team that’s up 3-0 in the SCF…

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
No, all you need to do is give a good team, which any SCF finalist is, some momentum and then you ruin an entire series. They can have fun after the Cup is won in the locker room + parade

Reactions: banks

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The roster that brought us there will be the roster that takes us through. You don't let up when you got the other team by the throat, you choke them to death and finish the series. I'll only start scratches if I have an injury or a pressing concern that comes from the series. Given your question there's no telling if my team blew out the opponent or if each game was a difficult triple-OT win. Either way, not chancing jack and not giving the other team any sort of opportunities.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
The players who don’t meet the requirements if they were liked enough will get petitioned to be on the cup anyway plus they will still get to lift it up and get a ring anyway.

There’s a saying from Brian Scalabrini when he didn’t play a single minute for his championship winning team.

“Maybe now you could say I didn’t play a second, but in five years, you guys are going to forget. In ten years I’ll still be a champion. In 20 years I’ll tell my kids I probably started, and in 30 years I’ll probably tell them I got the MVP. So I’m probably not too worried about it.”

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The players who don’t meet the requirements if they were liked enough will get petitioned to be on the cup anyway plus they will still get to lift it up and get a ring anyway.

There’s a saying from Brian Scalabrini when he didn’t play a single minute for his championship winning team.

“Maybe now you could say I didn’t play a second, but in five years, you guys are going to forget. In ten years I’ll still be a champion. In 20 years I’ll tell my kids I probably started, and in 30 years I’ll probably tell them I got the MVP. So I’m probably not too worried about it.”
You can’t get petitioned
There are basically 2 qualifications, you have to meet one of them.

One game in cup final
Played 41+ games in regular season

and that Brian guy, guess never thought his kids would use the internet.

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
You can’t get petitioned

One game in cup final

Pretty sure there are mechanics in place to allow a team to petition for a player’s name to be added outside of those qualifiers.

Possibly an integral part of the team gets injured and misses the requirements? What if a player who played 40 regular season games or came over at the deadline helps win the first 3 series but goes down to an injury before the Finals?

Will the NHL allow you to add 15 black aces’ names? No, that’s a different story.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
No and it sucks if you cant work it out any other way to get their names on the cup, but you dont change anything whatsoever and then opponent gets back in the series.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
No and it sucks if you cant work it out any other way to get their names on the cup, but you dont change anything whatsoever and then opponent gets back in the series.
Nah I like that there are standards. For the Oilers the fan favorite for this kind of move would be Gagner, who was a good soldier for many years and was made obsolete when we got Perry. Not that he played much before

I love Gagner but my answer to this is still no. Get the damn cup. Hockey is a game of momentum. Don't do any kind of step back like this when you are hot

TropicOfNoReturn

May 30, 2021
You can’t get petitioned

One game in cup final

That's not true. The benchmarks you list are accurate, but teams absolutely can put in a formal request to include players that did not meet either of those requirements. Those requests can of course be denied, but if the reason is injury, just as one example, the league will grant it.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Pretty sure there are mechanics in place to allow a team to petition for a player’s name to be added outside of those qualifiers.

Possibly an integral part of the team gets injured and misses the requirements? What if a player who played 40 regular season games or came over at the deadline helps win the first 3 series but goes down to an injury before the Finals?

Will the NHL allow you to add 15 black aces’ names? No, that’s a different story.
Ya after re-thinking about it, you can, if you don’t meet the requirements. they will listen to special circumstances, but it isn’t necessarily approved.
I think Marc Savard is an example, of getting approved,

There is a limited amount of space for names of coaches/staff/ owner/ players etc.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Pat Burns did this exact same thing, except he did it for game 7.

You guys are too scared to switch things up during game 4.

Hospy

Mar 18, 2013
Depends on how badly you're beating the snot out of the other team.

Sure, if you won the first three games by a margin of like 60-0

Close match? Nope.

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
You can’t get petitioned

One game in cup final

"In 1994, a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Stanley Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play. "

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
You can’t get petitioned

One game in cup final

That is literally false. Teams can petition players to be put on the cup Bruins did that with Savard who did not meet the requirements. Hawks did it with Carcillo in 2015 as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad