Post-Game Talk: Yippie aye o Paille - Bruins beat Detroit 5-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Campbell has been fantastic since they put this new 4th line together with Talbot. Him taking any hate right now is absurd.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
They got booed after a win. That's how bad the last 4 minutes were.

I hope that's not true.
Still, they looked like hell the last 5-10 minutes. Got pinned in their own end during a power-play, were falling all over the ice, were taking slow line changes.
They need to be better, even at the end of a back-to-back.

Great win, nonetheless.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Clode playing not to lose drives me to drink, specially against a team like Det. Great win today on the back/back against a tough team though.

Sveddy with 2 horrible softies today but made enough to win.

Beer me please

They had no energy left you could see it on the pp, 3 games in 4 nights plus they lost an hour with the time change. Overall a great game considering. I am sure they would be doing more forechecking if they had the legs.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm done with julien and sved, every game is a must win game now and he gives up softies in every game.

Again julien showed that when connolly + krecji comes back he's still going to play campbell and sit either smith or pasta.

batesy

Dec 5, 2014
Nova Scotia
Big back to back wins especially with the brutal 3 in four coming next weekend... Our sced up until game 82 is absolutely disgusting

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
Good on Svedberg. Was obviously making nervous decisions in the end, probably had his last game and the two stinkers on his mind. Hopefully he can relax just a little bit for next time. Doesn't matter which pucks he lets in in the end, 36 saves on 39 shots is a good end result.

Spooner line is like the inverted Söderberg line, very effective offensivly but lacking defensive skills. Fun game!

DCHabitant

Feb 24, 2013
Bruins starting to look like the Bruins. (Was afraid of that.) Bet you they finish ahead of Caps. It won't be easy for whoever plays them in the first round.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Campbell has been fantastic since they put this new 4th line together with Talbot. Him taking any hate right now is absurd.

Easy there cowboy, you do remember that lovely icing yesterday late, don't you? Fantastic may be a little extreme.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Really liked Talbot's game.

Great 4th liner and solidifies that line.

The posts were ringing again this game.

Spooner had a great 1-timer off the post that Loui buried shortly after. That would've been a nice goal for him.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
4th line played great

Lucic Spooner Pasta had a very bad game hopefully they bounce back tuesday

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Good win - much needed 2 points.

Great to see Marchand continuing with his goal-scoring. Wasn't much of a factor for the rest of the game, but his mojo on the pk goal got us off to a good start.

Nice job Paille!

Spooner is looking good on the PP on the half boards. Credit to Clode for playing the kid there.

That line though, 2nd game in a row with the Jekyll-Hyde routine - some good offence but they get hemmed in their zone a lot.

Pasta with a good goal, but was a little weak after that. I have no problem with Julien benching him. Was part of the deal when they kept him up, and to be expected for an 18-year-old. Later put him on the PP, and he coughed up the puck, then they were hemmed in their zone for an extended period of time - on the powerplay!

No biggie - the kid will learn and get stronger.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Easy there cowboy, you do remember that lovely icing yesterday late, don't you? Fantastic may be a little extreme.

Maybe there is a happy medium between "fanastic" and his ice time making you "want to puke in your mouth".

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Maybe there is a happy medium between "fanastic" and his ice time making you "want to puke in your mouth".

If you aren't dismayed at best by the fact that a rapidly declining, offensively-inept 4th liner played the 3rd most ice time despite only 2 PK minutes, I'm not sure we are going to be able to find that happy medium.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
If some people are determined to find a negative in just about everything, I guess you're right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad