Proposal: Yanni Gourde to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Is that really who NY should be targeting?

Not to mention hed probably cost more than hes worth considering hes a big part of Seattle's current roster.

Rangers should move assets for a legit, proven 2C. Thats whats take them to another level, mainly at 5v5 (still cannot believe that Buchnevich deal)

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It would obviously take futures and an offer Seattle couldn't pass up considering how much they value Yanni for the next few seasons. Between what it would take and cap space I don't see how it works for NYR. You've got to assume this means Gourde is #2 for NYR going forward, so you'll eliminate Strome's cap next year, but the cost on assets is going to hurt.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
With Blias out for the season, Rangers need a winger now rather than trying to acquire Gourde for #2 role.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It would obviously take futures and an offer Seattle couldn't pass up considering how much they value Yanni for the next few seasons. Between what it would take and cap space I don't see how it works for NYR. You've got to assume this means Gourde is #2 for NYR going forward, so you'll eliminate Strome's cap next year, but the cost on assets is going to hurt.

for all of the above, no to OP

if the right fit happens at a cost too good to pass up, fine.

Clickbait narratives that NYR are desperate for help are wrong.
Like everybody else besides LAK we could use a quality C prospect, but that is about it and only at a cost that fits in otherwise.

NO to adding vets
NYR salary delicately balanced and ok going forward
Fox 9.5 added next yr eats all of Strome + Geo +
so repeat after me
WE CAN NOT ADD ANY SALARY VIA VETS UNTIL TROUBA IS MOVED

so everybody that is not discussing cap neutral/cap saving to NYR,
pls stop
or bern will have to call out

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
With Blias out for the season, Rangers need a winger now rather than trying to acquire Gourde for #2 role.

technically true
but I prefer we work this internally instead of outside add

assuming Krav is shelved in KHL til late...

Good - Zib - Panarin
LaF - Chytil - Gauthier I want credit for calling this line since last yr
Kreider - Barron - Kakko
Reaves - Rooney - Hunt

sell high on Strome + Geo now to max returns

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
technically true
but I prefer we work this internally instead of outside add

assuming Krav is shelved in KHL til late...

Good - Zib - Panarin
LaF - Chytil - Gauthier I want credit for calling this line since last yr
Kreider - Barron - Kakko
Reaves - Rooney - Hunt

sell high on Strome + Geo now to max returns
Rangers aren't selling Strome off unless they start a big losing streak. The organization wants playoffs right now. The selling high on Strome won't happen unless the team spirals downward in the standings.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Is that really who NY should be targeting?

Not to mention hed probably cost more than hes worth considering hes a big part of Seattle's current roster.

Rangers should move assets for a legit, proven 2C. Thats whats take them to another level, mainly at 5v5 (still cannot believe that Buchnevich deal)

That's literally what Gourde is.

Reactions: WhoTagz

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Am I missing a joke here? Marc plays for Detroit.
monophy.gif

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers aren't selling Strome off unless they start a big losing streak. The organization wants playoffs right now. The selling high on Strome won't happen unless the team spirals downward in the standings.

hopefully GMCD is smart enough to connect the dots and do the math
stop w/bs of self rental, which wastes a pick return

there is zero hope of keeping him next year esp since Fox extension is not gonna happened, it has happened and is real.

Accordingly it is a huge waste to just keep him and then let him walk.

bend, buckle and break to that reality.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Donskoi 50% retained (1.9m for 2 years) for Kravtsov + 2022 2nd? The framework is based off the Coleman trade to Tampa, Kravtsov the better prospect than Foote so the pick goes from a 1st to a 2nd. Donskoi would be a very good middle 6 RW for the next two years. Seattle needs to get some futures because the present isn't working.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad