Value of: Yanni Gourde to New Jersey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If Seattle is clearly out of a playoff spot come January/February, what would it cost New Jersey to add Yanni Gourde?

NJ made its choice with Palat. They aren’t adding another player to fill that role. They are much more likely to add a defender or a goalie if anything. Beyond that they are close to the cap and I am skeptical a non playoff team is taking back salary and NJ has its first and second round picks tied up for this season. Hard to see them making a big move.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
NJ made its choice with Palat. They aren’t adding another player to fill that role. They are much more likely to add a defender or a goalie if anything. Beyond that they are close to the cap and I am skeptical a non playoff team is taking back salary and NJ has its first and second round picks tied up for this season. Hard to see them making a big move.

Palat and Gourde play VERY different roles.

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He still has another year. I'm assuming Seattle (If out of playoffs) would be looking to add to their future prospect pool, or find some younger, production contributing players. So that really leaves 1st round picks, Holtz, and high end prospects.

Reactions: Stephen Gionta

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Palat and Gourde play VERY different roles.
On NJ they'd both be former TB cup winners who are paid handsomely for past accomplishments who are supposed to be the been there done that veteran leadership. Sure, Gourde is more a center but NJ just signed Haula to do that. Beyond that, NJ only has $1 mil in free cap right now. I don't thing any big add is feasible. NJ doesn't really have any cap dump players they'd want to move. Everyone plays a role and contributes.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Agree with the consensus here.

With a lack of cap space, limited picks following the Meier deal, and no one with a decent cap hit seen as “expendable”, the Devils moves this season will be limited.

I think the most we would see is a reshuffling of fourth liners/third pairing or perhaps another goalie like Comrie/Stolarz to give us another option with VV & Schmid.

Something like Nosek/Tierney + Kallgren for Comrie/Stolarz/Reimer + minor league forward is probably the most that’ll happen this year.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
If Seattle retains a bit, Gourde is gonna have pretty big value on the market given that you’ll have him for two playoff runs but also don’t have to keep him past prime expiration age. It’s the ideal super rental. Not to mention Gourde’s game is just going to have loads of appeal to contenders well beyond a surface evaluation of a 48-point, 31 year-old forward.

He will be a premium TDL asset if available so you have to ask if you are willing to play in those waters this season in terms of prime asset availability.

Reactions: Stephen Gionta

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
If Seattle is out of it, I would rather target Dumoulin. Can immediately slot into the top-4 next to either Hamilton or Marino. Relatively cheap, only 3.125M for this year and next.

If Seattle is willing to retain 50% I'd offer a 2025 2nd + Kevin Bahl and maybe another C level piece.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
If Seattle is out of it, I would rather target Dumoulin. Can immediately slot into the top-4 next to either Hamilton or Marino. Relatively cheap, only 3.125M for this year and next.

If Seattle is willing to retain 50% I'd offer a 2025 2nd + Kevin Bahl and maybe another C level piece.
Is Dumo even a top 4 dman at this point? He's playing 15:43 a night which is #6 dman minutes. He's definitely a third pair guy on Seattle. I thought the wheels were already falling off in Pittsburgh a bit.

Reactions: Guttersniped

dixie

Mar 15, 2022
Gourde as 4-7-11 points in 20 games this year!Reminds me of Pageau! 3rd line center is his ceiling now!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Gourde as 4-7-11 points in 20 games this year!Reminds me of Pageau! 3rd line center is his ceiling now!

Seattle is off to a slow start and he’s shooting 4.3% less than his career average. He’s scored 48 points each of the last two seasons, there’s no reason to think he’s hit a significant decline yet. He’s second on the Kraken behind Beniers in even strength ice time among all their forwards and doesn’t play much PP.

He’s tied for 70th in the league if you add this year and last for even strength scoring - even or ahead of the likes of Cozens, DeBrincat, Konecny, etc. This is much more than rum dum third line production.

He’s been a fabulous even strength player with big versatility. Awesome skater, awesome grit, proven track record in the playoffs. You can categorize him how you like but he’s a great player.

Reactions: AndreRoy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad