Yakemchuk / Parekh / Silayev / Dickinson / Buium

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which D prospect?

• Total voters

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Right on the RHD - good point, but I don't buy the "a less intelligent Sanderson" description of Dickinson for a micro second.
  • 6-foot-3 and 195 pounds
  • one of the youngest players in his draft class
  • mental maturity
  • highly-effective defender, and stands out amongst his peers for his aggressiveness, defensive intelligence
  • With the puck, he’s decisive and explosive, drawing in forechecking pressure only to leave it in his dust as he carries the puck from zone to zone unimpeded
He's a special player being put in a tremendous situation and I think a lot of people sleep on him. He easily stands out to me as the safest.
Give me “a less intelligent Sanderson” over or equal to any D in this draft

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The question I have is what exactly did the Ottawa scouts see in Yakemchuk that allowed them to pass on everyone else? The all around safe skills of Dickinson, the deadly offence in Parekh and the complete game in Buium (and Silayev as well)? Was Yak the natural athlete?

Everyone said it was a reach and now, doesn't look that way - leading this poll lol
Of the 5 listed,
I had them ranked Yakemchuk then Buium.
Poll results look good to me.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
based on this poll it almost looks like a lot of people think four out of the five GM's picked wrong as the best defenseman was picked the last out of all of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad