Proposal: WSH-MIN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Dumba for Kutz is closer than this. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Neutral fan here, curious as to the reason for Minnesota so soundly shutting down Kuznetsov's value and the importance of a #1 C. Often the top C is a crucial building block for a team, and (unless I'm missing something) none of Hartman/ Eriksson Ek/ Johansson/ Bjugstad/ Rask are top-line caliber. It would make sense if Hartman was the puck hound Kaprizov's needed or that they just have strong chemistry and they'll gelled and formed the team's identity, otherwise to get a top C like Kuznetsov (who's topped the 0.8 points/ game mark for the previous 3 seasons) just might get the Wild the difference maker could use, at least on paper. Also for those talking about Fiala costing less, I'd wonder by how much after this upcoming offseason since he's an RFA (could easily reach $6 million imo). Contenders typically are built with strong goaltending and defense and up the middle, and I wonder (if not Dumba and Fiala) what the Wild would offer in an opportunity like this (if anything), and if nothing then what would be the reason.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Neutral fan here, curious as to the reason for Minnesota so soundly shutting down Kuznetsov's value and the importance of a #1 C. Often the top C is a crucial building block for a team, and (unless I'm missing something) none of Hartman/ Eriksson Ek/ Johansson/ Bjugstad/ Rask are top-line caliber. It would make sense if Hartman was the puck hound Kaprizov's needed or that they just have strong chemistry and they'll gelled and formed the team's identity, otherwise to get a top C like Kuznetsov (who's topped the 0.8 points/ game mark for the previous 3 seasons) just might get the Wild the difference maker could use, at least on paper. Also for those talking about Fiala costing less, I'd wonder by how much after this upcoming offseason since he's an RFA (could easily reach $6 million imo). Contenders typically are built with strong goaltending and defense and up the middle, and I wonder (if not Dumba and Fiala) what the Wild would offer in an opportunity like this (if anything), and if nothing then what would be the reason.
Not super down on Kuznetsov personally. There’s some questions as to how he’ll effect our culture for sure. I don’t have any idea into any of that, so I’ll assume he’s a good guy.

8 million for a 70+ Points works for me. If he’s going to be in the 50s, we can’t afford to that. I’m not giving up Fiala, who I think has consistent 70+ point potential with actual linemates, for that. And, I’m certainly not making the additions as seen above, too.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
He's 29, his production seems to be plateauing, the drug stuff is concerning, he's got a heavy contract with 4 more years on it and the team that gave it to him appears to be tired of him. Feels like too many red flags to be comfortable with the commitment or the price.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Kuznetsov having covid two times because of refusals to follow covid protocols set by league

Missing more than a month each time, & at least the 1st time David covid due not care to follow work place rules

Yeah, bill Guerin came to clean up the country club atmosphere, & lockeroom bad influences

Parise was essentially suspended for caring about Marcus foligno getting hattrick resulting in wild losing

Things like not having any interest in trading for Sean Monahan

So respectfully this would be a big time no, & big time yikes

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Okay how about Dumba and the lower of the two 1sts for Kuznetsov? Should still have enough cap space left over to sign Kaprizov and Fiala.

Nope. Not interested in this deal. wild probably won't either

As it stand, Kuznetsov being in covid protocols 2x due to his own doings, missing at least 1playoff game, the obvious use of hard drugs, & not caring to show up at meetings is a big time red flag, & a big time character major bad alert.

As it stands dumba has way more value than Kuznetsov

& you are forgetting wild need to sign Joel Eriksson Ek

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Fiala outscored Kuznetsov this season.

If I’m Washington I take that deal. Fiala has come into his own and is still only 24 years old and Dumba would also be a nice add on the Caps defense as he is still only 26 and brings some physicality to the game.

Washington opens up a center spot for McMichael, Pinho or Lapierre and they still have Backstrom, Eller and even Oshie has played at center and if things get tight Raffl can take faceoffs as well.

That hardly makes him a center though.

Fiala is a good fit in Minnesota. Not so much for Washington.

Oshie is playing center because Kuznetsov isn't here. He's much better on wing, so again, need a center back. Eller is perfect for the 3rd line role, but he's not full-time 2nd line center.

McMichael, Pinho or Lapierre can't replace Kuznetsov next season and Capitals are still contending.

Again, pass.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Kuznetsov having covid two times because of refusals to follow covid protocols set by league

Missing more than a month each time, & at least the 1st time David covid due not care to follow work place rules

Yeah, bill Guerin came to clean up the country club atmosphere, & lockeroom bad influences

Parise was essentially suspended for caring about Marcus foligno getting hattrick resulting in wild losing

Things like not having any interest in trading for Sean Monahan

So respectfully this would be a big time no, & big time yikes

Blaming someone for getting COVID is beyond stupid. You have no idea what happened.

Reactions: Flan the incredible

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Blaming someone for getting COVID is beyond stupid. You have no idea what happened.

Yeah I am sure being in covid protocols 2x isn't his fault at all sure dude

People that choose not to wear mask, go to parties, not follow covid protocols , etc..whatever, & they get covid, yeah, it's their fault

You don't miss a month being in covid protocols if you don't have covid

You also don't get put in covid protocols a 2nd time for Same period or longer if you follow rules

We are all adults. Yes, a person like Kuznetsov getting covid is on him

Him, & ovi were suspended this year for not following covid protocols rules

Reactions: ref19

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fiala is entering his prime. Kuznetsov is leaving his, and is paid too much for what he now contributes, nvm the off ice issues. The Jensen for Dumba thing just makes no sense for MN.

Dumba for Kuznetzov...we can talk. The original proposal is flat out bad for MN.

Reactions: nstarjim

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
I think the cap is fine. Greenway or Soycy is gone, -3mil. Total 25mil in space.

Marshall

A Mahoney guy
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
I can definitely see the Caps trading Kuznetsov in the offseason and signing a veteran C for a year or two to hold up the 2nd line pivot while kids develop - Stastny is a name that comes to mind.

I think if the Caps want to move Kuznetsov they'd want to bring back as little salary as possible. I don't know how doable that is, though.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
To MIN:
Evgeny Kuznetsov
Nick Jensen

To WSH:
Kevin Fiala
Matt Dumba

Done before the expansion draft (Wild protect Kuz, Zucc, JEE, Foligno, Greenway, Parise, Hartman, Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin; Caps protect Ovie, Backstrom, Mantha, Oshie, Wilson, Fiala, Eller, Carlson, Orlov, Dumba). How much would Minnesota need to add? One of their firsts or is it closer than that as is due to Kuznetsov's off-ice issues?

Wild top six after this trade:
Kaprizov-Kuznetsov-Zuccarello
Foligno-Eriksson Ek-Greenway
Another bad deal for Minnesota I hope they accept.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Dumba = Kuznetzov? :laugh:
Kuznetzov - C $7,800,000, UFA 2025
Dumba - D $6,000,000, UFA 2023
Dumba = 40% Kuznetsov (maximum).
Considering all the problems of Kuznetsov.
Now - the Stanley Cup games.
The cost of the players may vary.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Its a decent idea but the price in OP is egregious for Minnesota. I also dont see Washington moving on from Kuz without getting a C back. They are trying to win now while they still have Ovi, Backstrom, Oshie and Carlson.

However, I may be one of only Minnesota fan who thinks buying low on Kuznetsov is worth considering. I think the off-ice concerns are overblown. Also his contract only takes him until he is 33 or so. If the price if Dumba plus a small add then I seriously consider it if I can make the cap hits work.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Yah, while you Minnesotians arguing about it let the Caps help you out and politely decline.

Like trick9 said, its not working for us without center coming back. Atleast we have to have a handshake done with replacing free agent or another deal before. We cant afford to crush our C depth and while Fiala and Dumba are both good players they would be more of a luxury than a need.

My favourite way to spend time during game breaks now is to figure out stupid 3 way deals for Kuznetsov. Maybe you can help on that. Send Dumba and/or Fiala some place else and get us a center back :)

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Not interested in trading Fiala but I am curious why Fiala wouldn't be a good fit in Washington.

#1 winger in Minnesota. Their PP unit is built around him. He's down on the depth chart and likely would be left out of PP1 unit if he came here. I don't really think he's Laviolette's favorite players either and doesn't exactly fit our physical brand of hockey.

And again, the fit is especially bad because he's a winger. Capitals don't need one. If they trade their top-6 center they need one back.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yah, while you Minnesotians arguing about it let the Caps help you out and politely decline.

Like trick9 said, its not working for us without center coming back. Atleast we have to have a handshake done with replacing free agent or another deal before. We cant afford to crush our C depth and while Fiala and Dumba are both good players they would be more of a luxury than a need.

My favourite way to spend time during game breaks now is to figure out stupid 3 way deals for Kuznetsov. Maybe you can help on that. Send Dumba and/or Fiala some place else and get us a center back :)

Seems like a tough task. Any center that Dumba would be able to shake loose that you would want over Kuznetsov, we'd probably want over Kuznetsov.

Reactions: Bazeek

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
#1 winger in Minnesota. Their PP unit is built around him. He's down on the depth chart and likely would be left out of PP1 unit if he came here. I don't really think he's Laviolette's favorite players either and doesn't exactly fit our physical brand of hockey.

And again, the fit is especially bad because he's a winger. Capitals don't need one. If they trade their top-6 center they need one back.
He might be pacing so but he hasn't really played 1st line all season. That would be Kaprizov-(ugh)-Zuccarello. Point taken though.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

sure, send kuz to buffalo, well take eichel and give you ek :sarcasm: we can fill in the rest later

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad